A Simple Curved Tube?

Page 1 of 1

Post A Simple Curved Tube?

#1  jwarndt 23 Dec 2013 03:42

Hi gang, I need to find a simple, curved tube (or rod, or whatever...) that can pass as an intravenous feeding tube for a couple panels in my graphic novel Varinka. Technnical proficiency is not my strong suite and the only 3D modeling software I'm familiar with is Poser 4 & 7. If it's something solid, I can make it appear to be translucent by simply rendering it twice, once with the object, and once without, then superimpose the two images. Does anybody know where I can find an object like that? I've scoured turbosquid and a couple other places and found nothing. (And the pre-fabriacated intravenous units did not have the tubes in a configuration I would be able to use. I'd rather take a simple tube and build the hardware around it with props from Poser 4's "primitives" folder.) Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

John

PS I did, however, find some VERY useful FREE .obj and .3ds objects for later scenes at turbosquid, including a very nice .obj of a wedding gown I'm pretty sure I'll be able to fit (with a certain amount of tinkering)  around the Posette figure I'm using for Varinka.

blank.gif jwarndt Gender: Male
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 390
Lemons 118
hearts 70

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: A Simple Curved Tube?

#2  ahjah 23 Dec 2013 14:22

Hi John
I recall a nice set of advanced primitives called "Prop-o-Rama"  containing various tubes. But it was an old download and I can't find it right now.
Also Englishbob has some nice construction props on his page http://www.morphography.uk.vu/downloads.html
Last but not least I've been thinking about Ajax' easy pose stuff. The EP rope might work for you. It's in the freestuff at RRosity. Just do a search for Ajax. Hope this helps

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#3  jwarndt 23 Dec 2013 20:22

ahjah wrote: [View Post]
Hi John
I recall a nice set of advanced primitives called "Prop-o-Rama"  containing various tubes. But it was an old download and I can't find it right now.
Also Englishbob has some nice construction props on his page http://www.morphography.uk.vu/downloads.html
Last but not least I've been thinking about Ajax' easy pose stuff. The EP rope might work for you. It's in the freestuff at RRosity. Just do a search for Ajax. Hope this helps

Thanks, I'll check those links!

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 390
Lemons 118
hearts 70

#4  jwarndt 23 Dec 2013 23:59

jwarndt wrote: [View Post]
Hi John

Thanks, I'll check those links!

Ahjah, I checked out Ajax's props at Renderosity and they looked like they'd work, but when I clicked on the download page I got flashing red virus warnings from McAfee Site advisor and I'm not willing to risk my pc by going there
I seem to remember mcafee site advisor has some sort of process whereby webmasters who feel they've been unjustly flagged can appeal, so I'm going to email Renderosity about it.
John

Last edited by jwarndt on 24 Dec 2013 00:03; edited 2 times in total 
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 390
Lemons 118
hearts 70

#5  ahjah 24 Dec 2013 00:35

You got mail

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#6  jwarndt 26 Dec 2013 20:23

You got mail

Thanks for sending me that. It's working now  

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 390
Lemons 118
hearts 70

#7  ahjah 26 Dec 2013 22:20

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts a simple link mosca Interesting links 1 16 Jun 2003 10:17 View latest post
Tormie
No new posts Sticky: [Tutorial] Simple MAT Pose Creation Guest Texture knitting 10 07 Apr 2005 02:54 View latest post
Tormie
No new posts Improve teeth on Posette in a simple way Tormie The Posette Playground 0 18 Jun 2007 20:53 View latest post
Tormie

Page 1 of 1