IP Not Welcome

Page 1 of 1

Post IP Not Welcome

#1  DarthRizzo 22 Apr 2009 15:15

Hi first off all thanks for this great site.
I tried to download some files from the Free Stuff Section but I have a problem downloading the "X2000's Restaurant" and the "Vespa" the other are working fine.

When I try download them I get following Message:

Hello, this is the external wall of Posetteforever and the door is closed... Your IP is not welcome here for whatever reason (Spamming, Harvesting, Banning, Bad breath, Drifterlee etc. ) If you think that this is due to an error call , including your IP address.

I don't know why my IP is blocked or what I did wrong. The search didn't come up with an answer so I hope sombody could help me.

Kind regards

DarthRizzo

blank.gif DarthRizzo 
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 10
Lemons 4
hearts 0

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: IP Not Welcome

#2  Nik 22 Apr 2009 20:54

Not to worry, Tormie will sort it out...

Problem may be that some-one on your IP got onto PF's barred list. IIRC, there was a recent spate of bot attacks...

Um, been a couple of years, but I was temporarily excluded from several forums when my IP was really, really slow dealing with a couple of local ijits who'd run their new broadband connection without any firewall and inadvertently hosted a spamming blitz...

uk.png Nik Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Warnings: 1 
Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

#3  Tormie 22 Apr 2009 21:01

Hi  DarthRizzo, and welcome to Posetteforever

I should have fixed it, I tried the restaurant and the Vespa and they are working now, I don't know if you wanted the Vespa character or something else (there are many files to be used with VK's Vespa )

In case, just cut&paste here the link to the non working page.

About the error that appeared it was due to a files' permissions wrong setting, I think is Drifterlee bad breath fault

In any case, if something like that will happen again, write again in this forum, it will be fixed (probably   )

Tormie

P.S. To Nik: actually it was a different problem due to an extra-protection of the folder where the files are stored, I'm checking the relative .htaccess file just now, but it was not related to IP. Normally an IP that is ranked as used by spammers cannot even navigate the site (having not a fixed IP it happened to me too that Posy slammed me out   (and Janreinar yesterday   ). Only few IPs are barred on site (IPs from a couple of people that are "personae non gratae") the rest is checked by a specialized external site that blacklists them with a "threat" score. If some spammers avoid the check, their IP is added by me to that site so that the data will be available worldwide for barring on all the sites that are using the same system. It can happen that with a dynamic IP one is using a "blacklisted" one even if he or she is "clean", but it's the price that we pay for having the site clean without paying people to do the job manually (Tormie inspects his pockets and find only the usual chewingum wrappers   )

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#4  DarthRizzo 23 Apr 2009 15:21

Hi Tormie

You are the best.   The downloads are working fine now. Thanks for the fast help.

Rizzo

blank.gif DarthRizzo 
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 10
Lemons 4
hearts 0

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic