Posy Tips

Page 1 of 1

Post Posy Tips

#1  Chromium 21 Jun 2011 16:46

I'm still newish, so I'll ask here... right?

Thanks for all your help, and advice so far, but I want some more (just like Oliver Twist).

I'm Slowly getting more comfortable with using Posette.

At the moment I have a texture that I like (p4_woman_08c7).

I also use the "joint parameter converter". Some of the extreme poses look painful on my Posette, I am sure sometimes she wants to reach out and slap me hard.

I am not using anything else besides the stock Posette on my runtime, and the hair, and clothes, she comes with. (I would like to find some hair that really does her justice - better than the plastic looking stuff, but it's okay for somethings, I should not grumble really, it keeps her head warm).

I have not gone as far as morphs yet either, but hey Posette looks good already. Morphs can wait a little bit. (Ahjah - really like your anime head morph, and I'm itching to use it, when I feel more competent with Posette).

Oh, and my question is... what essential Posy items should I use (as a minimum), i.e. are there other bits I need to round of my Posy to make her into a solid figure I can use. (I don't want to go off reading some anti-Posy propaganda on some dumb forum, and believe it. I want to know my Posette, has the parts that make her complete, and compete).

I have downloaded a lot of items for her, but have not gone crazy installing it all- just yet. I was also hoping if I could be told of any items to avoid.

Thanks in advance for your advice, and guidance, always.

gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Posy Tips

#2  ahjah 23 Jun 2011 00:02

Well, Chromium, some of the "must haves" for Posette users you might have already.
Infotunally, there isn't much left on the web for her.
Here some that come to my mind.
First of all you'll need some textures. You  seem to have found the Happyworldland texture collection by Tim Laubach in our freebies already.
Some good ones are up at 'Rosity, still. Do a search for "webvogel".
Another great source for textures is Staale Loseth's Page http://home.online.no/~kjellil/Index-AllStuff.htm
You'll have to scroll down a bit...
Some good textures (newer ones) are at Jose Silva's Page Arrow3D, I think. I'll look it up later, need some sleep...

You'll need wigs, go to Studio Maya and Kozaburo's.

A really great tweak on Posette are Rayera's Deep Eyes eye props, in our freebies. They are mapped for Unimesh eyes, i.e. the ones from A3 you like so much
 And of course, lots of morphs there. Just take your time and explore.

All in all Posette is a little bit like owning an old car or similar. You'll have to like doing things by yourself.

Now it's time for bed, really

Sleep well

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#3  Chromium 23 Jun 2011 18:52

Thanks for the suggestions Ahjah, always appreciated.

I think I have it covered.

I just need to get on with actually doing something now, instead of searching the web all the time for items that may not exist anymore.

I like the similarity to an old car. That I guess is part of the charm, also why I like using Poser 6 (I think). Hey I had an old mini, now an S3 Landy.

Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

#4  Tormie 23 Jun 2011 19:01

I think "the Posette Playground" is the right place for your topic.

You should have on your runtime not only the stock Posette but all the Hybrids (figures with the same shape but with different zone/textures).

I think that the Posette fans could be classified in a lot of categories, one of them is the one that uses only the stock Posette with props made for her only. I'm not a purist and for Posy   I use whatever I can , but I really like the works made with the stock material, for example the works that Andreas make are awesome   !

I use a lot the dynamic clothes on Posy, there should be a tutorial on the forum with the technique I use, not very complicated ...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#5  Chromium 23 Jun 2011 19:14

Thanks for all the advice Tormie.

I shall look into installing the hybrids too, of course.

I just wanted to perfect the stock Posette, to begin with.

(Posette Playground - oops).

Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

#6  ahjah 23 Jun 2011 19:18

I have been using Poser3 until end of 2006, Poser 6 was out already, P7 on the move
I had to modify almost everything I found on the web to get it to work in P3, cos everything was P4 or later, almost nothing left for native Poser 3. . Even when I started with Poser 2003 on P3, P5 was just out. But still miss this simple piece of software from time to time
Nothing worked out of the box, I had to do it all by myself. I learned about remapping, started making my own morphs (outside of Poser, P3 had no magnets) It was quite an adventure, but I learned a lot that time, and even nowadays I like the "different" way, running P7 on Linux   

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#7  Chromium 23 Jun 2011 19:29

Ahjah, as Tormie, says your stuff is "awesome", and inspiring.

Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

HideWas this topic useful?