Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

#16  pangor 26 Mar 2005 01:19

I find this very interesting.

Pangor

pangor 

• Back to top Page bottom

#17  rayera 26 Mar 2005 03:27

I've found some meaning of the names Nahuel means tiger and Maite means the lady

argentina.png rayera Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 3930
Lemons 2560
hearts 11

#18  erenda 27 Mar 2005 14:51

It was not my intention to offend any language.      I'm so sorry!   Maybe it's due to my english again. Long time ago I was very keen on learning latin , and I'm still interested in it. (By the way did somebody know what "relinque" means   ) I still can't entirely understand Nominatif , Accusatif , Genitif , Datif and so on... there are similar cases in German .    In our language there are many words from turkish , (our contry was part of the Ottoman empire almost 5 centuries) like "demek" ( "as" or "like") , "ash kolsun" (Well done!) , "sakun" ( something like "No") and "aman" (really don't know wat it means maybe something like "OOOh!") and many others. We use them most of the time in the speaking language...    And there is some simple bulgarian words , not scientific terms somehow similar to the latin. ( I have no idea why ) like "nov ", "nova",(feminin) "novo"(fot "it" )I believe the latin word for "new" was "novum ", "nova" (feminin) and "novo "(for "it")   

erenda 

#19  pangor 27 Mar 2005 16:23

Don't worry erenda, I don't think that anyone took any offense or saw any insult in anything that has been said in this thread.  At least I know that I didn't.    The way I saw that this thread has developed as being just a friendly comparison of laguages and their origins.

As for your level of ability for writing in the english language....I can understand you well enough as I do all others who post here.  Just keep reading and writing in it, and you skills will improve even more.

Pangor

pangor 

#20  Ozymandias Jones 28 Mar 2005 06:19

Funny stories, thanks guys  

This site is never dull  

Computer Lie #1: You'll never use all that disk space.

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound as they fly by." - Douglas Adams

blank.gif Ozymandias Jones Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 12510
Lemons 7905
hearts 10

#21  Tormie 29 Mar 2005 20:44

I think that all national languages have their traditions and history... But I really would prefer the same language for all and maybe an artificial language like esperanto, very easy to learn and simple.
In our era I think that we should have the necessary understanding to do it, but things are not coming in that way   ...

Last edited by Tormie on 29 Mar 2005 20:46; edited 1 time in total 
it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031