Davis times story

Page 1 of 1

Post Davis times story

#1  Wheelchair 04 Mar 2006 23:28

Yankee and the Cat Intruder
(A Davis times story)

It was a mid-Spring day and the weather was grand. It was a perfectly beautiful day to air out the winter from my cave-like apartment so I opened the front door and windows.  It was that kind of day.

Better yet, my friend Travis was in from Sacramento. The distance from Sacramento to Davis was not that great, but it was enough to keep good friends from stopping in, for the just because. We were doing what we usually did on such occasions. With music in the background and good game of chess or dominos before us, we smoked the social weed and conversed important things. We were being good happy Hobbits.

My roommate Yankee was hopping about, just being under foot. I must, at this point, introduce you to Yankee. Yankee was a wee Dutch bunny, the gray and white verity. He was named Yankee because he was born on July 4th 1976. He was my bicentennial roommate friend. For the most part, he was a fine roommate, aside from the occasional droppings he put here and there.  He loved oatmeal cookies and would come in a running flash from were ever he was when I would say cookie, cookie, cookie. Yankee also liked my music and would come over and sit at my feet as I strummed my guitar and sang. He had good taste in music.

Anyway back to the spring day story.

My apartment was arranged in a way that you could enter the bathroom from the hall and from my bedroom. It was a circular route one could take, from bedroom, to bathroom, to hall and to bedroom again. From were and Travis and I set, we could see only the hall. It was from this stage that unfolded a strange drama.

Enter Yankee hopping up the hall turning into bathroom. Then seconds latter the second actor, It was a gray white kitten. It came a bounding after Yankee. Into the bathroom it went after him. Soon came the GRAY AND WHITE rabbit casually hopping up the hall from my bedroom again turning into the bathroom. Soon up the hall comes from my bedroom GRAY AND WHITE kitten and turned into the bath. For the second time Yankee comes casually hopping up the hall and turns into (you got it) the bath. By now Travis and I are fixed on the show unfolding before us. Travis passed the pipe over to me as kitten again came from my bedroom and turned into my bathroom. It amazed us, that, how neither of them were seen together an any given time. After two more passes by Yankee and kitten we were truly convinced that it was all an allusion from the fine weed we were indulging in. This was compounded with the fact that kitten finally gave up and was gone, vanished like it came.

We had a good side aching laugh over it and soon went back to gaming and puffing. It was one of those Davis times.

Last edited by Wheelchair on 05 Mar 2006 23:07; edited 2 times in total 
blank.gif Wheelchair Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2530
Lemons 3276
hearts 11

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  melamkish 05 Mar 2006 02:26

Great story, WC! Thanks for sharing it.

melamkish Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#3  Tormie 05 Mar 2006 02:37

!!! Yes it's very funny Harold   ! Thank you

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#4  Ozymandias Jones 06 Mar 2006 23:07

Thanks for sharing with us...  

Computer Lie #1: You'll never use all that disk space.

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound as they fly by." - Douglas Adams

blank.gif Ozymandias Jones Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 12510
Lemons 7905
hearts 10