My apologies

Page 1 of 1

Post My apologies

#1  Den Tracy 29 Nov 2004 05:16

I have really made a mess of things these last few days and for that I apologise to anyone who was hurt or offended by my comments.  It was not my intention to cause grief or belittle anyone with their posts or questions.I also apologise for making the site look bad to anyone who was reading the threads.  No other person is at fault.  I am the ONLY ONE responsible.As a result of my actions, I have taken it upon myself to leave. My presence could  keep others away and I do not wish to see that happen. Best wishes for the upcoming holiday season.May 2005 and the years beyond be filled with prosperity and good health.I wish you all success in what you do or whatever path you take.

Last edited by Den Tracy on 03 Jan 2005 05:53; edited 1 time in total 
blank.gif Den Tracy Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5710
Lemons 5299
hearts 0

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  Tormie 29 Nov 2004 07:55

Hi Den, I'm writing you this message in order to thank you very much for your support, help and friendship who helped a lot creating Posetteforever.

I cried a lot for your loss but this is life.

Thank you again... Goodbye.

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#3  Poserkatz 29 Nov 2004 08:27

Hi Den. I don't know you really, but your pics and series at all i like very much. With your postings or comments you've had never offend me.  
But allow me a little tought, please. It seems, that you are a person, who have a number of different souls...    - this reminds me to myself.
Sometimes i'm lucky, sometimes serious, sometimes i'm a bad and ugly one, sometimes i'm good. This is human, and if i like a person on the base, such those things do not hurt me, or make me feel bad. It's totally normally to me.
I think, you're a creative man with own feelings, own thougths, own ways to go - that's good.
I wish, you would stay. At least take a look on this forum, it's a nice place (but what i say, you know that!).
Independently from this sentence, i wish you good luck to all the things, you will do in future.
Regards

Poserkatz Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2580
Lemons 1762
hearts 0

#4  tda42 29 Nov 2004 13:35

I don't like goodbyes. It saddens me. I can't believe that this is going to happen. I never thought that anything was said personally. It was just a feeling of your life that was shared and was taken the wrong way. To say something in the forum sometimes maybe negative but that is life also and wasn't in anyway the fault of anyone really. I wish I could say something clever but at the moment I am speechless. He is a member and I think he deserves the respect that anyone would do. To ask him to stay would be human. To lose him would be for others to follow. Den I wish you the best. You and your family live long but I want you most to render. Take care!

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#5  Paul Mon 29 Nov 2004 13:45

Well I don't know what has been said but we're all grownups here..Oh shut up, we are! I'm sure I've offended people at times. Don't go but if you feel you must then come back soon or I'll find out where you live, move in next door, form a Carpenters tribute band and practice loudly all day long.
You've been a good person to meet, you take care
Mon
ps: I mean it about the Tribute band
pps: did I mention that it's a transvestite Carpenters/thrash metal tribute band?
ppps: did I mention that I'm tone deaf and play the tuba?

Last edited by Paul Mon on 30 Nov 2004 10:47; edited 2 times in total 
blank.gif Paul Mon Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2250
Lemons 1517
hearts 0

#6  Ozymandias Jones 02 Dec 2004 01:26

Take care, Den.

You were only ever fair and supportive with me. Things happen...

Good luck for the future, stay well and look after you and yours  

Fare the well, old friend.

Ozy

Computer Lie #1: You'll never use all that disk space.

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound as they fly by." - Douglas Adams

blank.gif Ozymandias Jones Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 12510
Lemons 7905
hearts 10

#7  JanReinar 02 Dec 2004 12:24

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 21250
Lemons 11861
hearts 358

#8  TdaC 02 Dec 2004 13:09

Den, i don't want you to go...

blank.gif TdaC Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 7320
Lemons 8763
hearts 143

#9  messenger 08 Dec 2004 16:00

Hey Den....I'm sorry if I said anything to make you leave....nothing like that was ever intended....no hard feelings and I would still like to see you drop in now and again.  All the best for 2005 and hope you get some great renders done....

messenger Gender: Female
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2970
Lemons 2295
hearts 0

#10  Bonnie 09 Dec 2004 04:13

I know what transpired almost  two weeks ago and there is nothing more to say
on the topic that will undo or make everything better.
Things like this happen.  Friends come and go.

That's the way it is.

blank.gif Bonnie Gender: Female
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 990
Lemons 1005
hearts 0

Post Re: My apologies

#11  Tormie 11 Dec 2004 21:38

A "last word" about what happened with Den tracy:

Nobody of you should consider him/herself guilty for what happened because it was my own decision, I explained it privately to some of you but I'll do it publicly.

- In this site everyone can express their opinion, but there are exceptions, and the exceptions are for moderators and administrator and the reason is obvious: a "moderator" should "moderate" and an admin should "moderate" and "administrate".  An user's opinion is only an opinion, an admin/mod opinion, in a certain context, express the line of the site.

- An administrator should be present on the site, nearly sometimes.

Den Tracy expressed a lot of times his intention to leave Posetteforever and the Poser world and it is (obviously) incompatible with an admin status. Personally I left the things as they were because I never believed him but I made the same not only with Den Tracy: when another user asked me to erase his subscription because he wanted to follow other routes I erased nothing because I was sure that he would came back, as it happened. But, at last, a "goodbye" is a "goodbye" and you can't be an admin anymore, it would be a nonsense.

As the webmaster I feel the responsability to consider the users all the same, old friends and new ones, so having an admin express his opinion in an unmoderate way and causing the loss of other users I had two choises: 1) Do nothing 2) Free the admin from his duties.

I've done nothing for two days but I continued to think about the situation because something should be made and what I thought that could be the right thing to do was simply to free Den Tracy from his admin's chains so that he can express himself the way he wants: as a "non privileged" user he shouldn't cause other user's loss with his opinions and he can go and come back all the times he wants without feeling bad for his admin's duties.

I haven't banned Den Tracy, I said him the same things that I wrote here.

I have not made a choice for "new users" against "old pal Den", my decison has been taken considering the two aspects that I've explained before and I've nothing personal against Den Tracy, so none of you should feel guilty: I have the full responsability for what has been done.

Those kind of things happen in forums sooner or later and the last decision is of the webmaster, and I felt very very bad when I had to do it even if I had to say that, at last, I've done nothing of too much dramatic, but it seemed to cause Den's loss: I'm very sorry about it and expressed it a lot of times, every time he goes away from posetteforever.

One last thing: please don't write your opinion here, if you want to say something to me about the thing write me in a PM because it would cause a "friend or foe" situation.

As far as I'm concerned I don't consider what happened in such a serious way (as I said) but it seemed to cause to some of you a bad feeling to the site so write me sincerely, if you think that Posetteforever has become a sad and useless place I'll close it and consider the idea a failure.

Last edited by Tormie on 11 Dec 2004 23:13; edited 4 times in total 
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#12  Tormie 22 Dec 2004 23:26

I'm writing the "end" of this discussion friends: I red all your PM and yes, I know that Posetteforever has become the home for many of you and I'm very proud of it   so I'll keep it alive and working as long as I can. No matter how many people are here: You have to know that the place is opened, the heater is warm and the beers are cold. I've a part in what happened: not enough surveillance. I thought about it and what should be done from me was to edit and purge myself what I thought was offensive and then PM to the author the reason of the censorship, even it is contrary to the "right to speak" rule in which I believe   ... Anyway what has been done was my own decision and as I said, no one should feel responsible for it. It was not "friend or foe" but an absolutely aseptic decision. For the future I promise you to supervise more the discussions, even if I have to admit that I don't really like the role of the moderator, because usually moderators ban me and kick out from a lot of places   ...
So, the discussion about "close or keep opened" the site is ended: You said me that this place is important for you so it can't be a failure and I'm very honored for your friendship and participation in this little community. I don't know if you have read Tolkien, but the imagine of Posetteforever in my mind is one of those little Hobbit villages in the county where people uses to be happy away from the hard world...

So friends, let's taste some tuna tarts, take a drink and don't FART or BURP while the show is running    .

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#13  tda42 23 Dec 2004 02:36

Sound like a winner to me. Now someone start the movie and hand me a *Faaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrt* Sorry!   Tuna Tart.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910