News from the garage...

Page 1 of 1

Post News from the garage...

#1  Tormie 29 Dec 2004 23:34

Just to keep you informed, so if something goes wrong (as usual   ...) you can tell me it soon...

I'm proceeding with the editing of the site's graphic on the new main style (noteBored), I just modified the "Post... a message" page, the page that you see when post a new topic , private message or reply to a message using the full page (not the quick reply). I hope that all works fine and that you like it...

I upgraded to the last version the "attachment" feature, the ability to attach files to a message (pictures, sounds, etc.) because I noticed that in some old messages the attached image appears twice     . I really don't know why, but I'll edit myself those messages to re-attach the image or what else so that it will appear correctly, even if it works anyway... I purged the files that were on the site but no more attached to a message (commonly attachments to PMs that have been deleted) and I hope that the upgrade will do it itself... Anyway if you notice that something disappeared   tell me, I've a backup here (somewhere...)...

The new mailing list seems to work, anyway it sends only the body of the message so it could be difficult to know who is the author of the message (who wrote on the forum). I'll contact the author of this piece of software in order to find a solution or I'll try to do it myself       ...

I redirected the mailing list on my hotmail account and when I replied the MSN network signature appeared on the site       , so now I came back to my old "normal" email of my ISP... I don't know if it is possible to disable the MSN signature, but please don't use a Hotmail account to reply to the mailing list because their signature is SPAM and you know what is our policy about it ...

I changed a little the way the anonymous/guest users can view the site from "all closed to guests" to "guest can see all but do nothing", so check if you're really logged in if something doesn't work, for example if you're not logged in you can see a message but not reply to it, you can see the free stuff pages' content but not download it, you can see an album's picture but not comment it. Every album/download page has a "private" access reserved to the users and to be an user one have to register and log in. If you have to login every time or you find yourself logged out changing a site's page you've a cookie problem: login, logout and login again. If it's not enough you have to manually remove our cookies from your PC, contact me and I'll help you.

Please keep your system updated with a good antivirus if you use a Window$ operating system: Our main address sometimes is used to share viruses attached to an email, it's the clear result of an user that has our email address on his/her system and the virus plundered it   ... I received about 5 emails with spam every day: you already know that i was forced to buy a spamcop account to easily send them to hell. I'm spending about 60 US dollars a year for programs able to kill viruses, hide banners and popups and destroy Spam.. I would prefer to spend this money for Posetteforever , but this is the way where the internet has gone...

We had a new record   133 users online all togheter !!!
(Posy said me that they are only bots from search engines ...)

About the interview: Paul Mon is in vacances so we have to wait him to come back and when the interview will be published I'll start another lottery

Tonight I'll make a full backup of the site while sleeping ...

I hope that you had a very good Christmas full of gifts, I went to my Mom   for the dinner and it was a simple day like it should be...

Now I'm having a hard period at work but I'm taking care of the site   when I'm home little by little. Better and relaxing-doing-nothing periods will come soon...

Last edited by Tormie on 30 Dec 2004 00:16; edited 7 times in total 
it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

• Back to top Page bottom