The posetteforever diary

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

#16  Tormie 29 Jun 2006 21:36

Hi John, I'm sorry for the father in law of your sister :sad:, however you know, he is a very lucky man , it happened in a hospital and the circustamce probably saved his life   ! And very good luck for the new member of your family     !! I'm sorry to be so late replying to the posts, but (lol) what happened today is that my broadband connection was down all the day, I called the ISP and they promised to send someone tomorrow, I tried to switch on the router now that's late night and it works. I don't know if it will work or it will need to be reapired, however if you see me disappear   for some time you know why (however I don't know how one can be seen disappear   ). My feet still hurt  but today it was better, I went to the shop to change the two front tyres of my brother's car that were finished and to repaire one rear tyre that had a nail in it   ... Tomorrow I'll keep another eye to the scooter because I fixed it in a fast way in the parking and it need to be done better. I've also decided to not use that scooter so much, the reason is that the engine turns very fast, in a "race" condition and you know that tuned engines like the rest of the modified parts can't run too much without that something break. So I've decided to fix it well and use it only for fun in the free days. I've also the parts to assemble another scooter in the garage   (all are parts that people thrown away) and probably I'll start and hopefully finish the job before the summer ends...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

• Back to top Page bottom

#17  JanReinar 06 Jul 2006 13:23

My sister father in law is O.K. now.   He is in home and well. His grandson saved his life!    

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 21250
Lemons 11861
hearts 358

#18  Posy 06 Jul 2006 13:23

Right now?  Older sister or younger? How long has he been there?

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#19  JanReinar 06 Jul 2006 13:24

My younger sister Posy!

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 21250
Lemons 11861
hearts 358

#20  Posy 06 Jul 2006 13:24

My brain contains 58918 categories, but not one that matches your last input.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#21  Tormie 06 Jul 2006 15:19

! I'm very happy for you my friend It looks like all is going fine there   !!

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#22  melamkish 20 Oct 2006 13:35

I'm trying to make an effort to get back here a bit more often. Hope everyone is now well.

I've finally finished up the tractor project mentioned earlier. What a nightmare it has been. When I finally got it all reasembled and started, one of the pistons was taping the head (an old flathead engine). I added an extra gasket, and ended up cracking the block. I repaired it myself and now it is finally working!

Any other free time has been spent learning the inner workings of Poser, Poser files and modeling. I have figured out how to create conforming clothes and adjust the falloff zones, but still haven't gotten morph injections to work properly. I picked up a book and think I have figured this out.  I have worked a bit with dynamic cloth, plan to try character creation, and generally just trying different techniques to improve my speed and workflow. I picked up P4/PP, P5 and now have most of the Poser family.

Been a busy summer.

melamkish Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#23  Posy 20 Oct 2006 13:36

What is the difficulty?                                       nightmare it has been                               is a nightmare it has been. Where did you get it? That's nice.  I have  a friend named "E. L. V. I. S. "

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#24  Tormie 20 Oct 2006 18:33

Hi Shawn, welcome back   ! From my point of view your work on the tractor is very interesting   ... Good point to study the mechanisms of Poser, it's something that I've to do too, I think it would improve the final result a lot.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#25  melamkish 21 Oct 2006 03:34

Thanks, Tormie!

Then you would be interested to know that when the head cracked, I ground out a section about 1 cm deep and 6 to 8 cm long. It varied from a wall thickness of a few millimeters to about 2 cm inward. I used a brass bushing to reform a coolant passage, taped a temporary retaining wall where the side of the block would be and filled up the entire area with a "hard as steel" epoxy. So far it is holding and no sign of coolant leaks.

The rest of the nightmare was typically just getting parts that were suppose to fit, to really fit, losing parts, trying to find them, and all the other things that go along with trying to get something old running again. Fun, but fustrating, lol.

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#26  Tormie 21 Oct 2006 10:51

I suppose it's a gasoline engine right ? Here is more commona diesel one and a repair like that with a diesel engine wouldn't work for the higher compression. Honestly I doubt that a repair made with epoxy will last for a long time. Last time I cracked the head of my car (I think for the use of a so called "autogas" conversion, that gas generate more heat than gasoline) I had to carry it to a specialized solder, for large damages like yours I saw that they put a piece of tube in the coolant passage and solder the piece. you won't see any external leak because the pressure of the water is weak compared to the pressure of the oil, the first think that uses to break is the wall between oil an water, then the oil (and gas) passes in the water, if the damage is big you'll see the water "boil" for the gas passing in it (and because it really boils after a while...), if the damage is little you'll see that the engine consume the water, than a check of the color of the oil will show if it has water in it (it contains something like white filaments).

However for the kind of damage I suggest you to find an used head and replace it asap, the head has to be "rectified" (sorry, I don't know the technical translation :oops:) before being put on the engine.

Actually I've the overpowered engine of my scooter to open and rebuild completely

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#27  melamkish 21 Oct 2006 13:04

Yes a gasoline engine. The block had the crack, not the head.  I consider this a temporary repair.  The tractor was in the garage for two years and I had to get it out.  The primary area of damage was a water passage, so very low pressure on this  engine.  

This epoxy has been used for these kind of repairs on both gas and diesel engines  as well as other items for nearly 30 years. Even welders recommend it for certain repairs on cast iron engines. It will withstand 3900 psi tensile pressure. I know someone that repaired a diesel engine 10 years ago and the repair still holds. I was skeptical at first, but it got the tractor running for now.

I still consider it a temporary repair until next spring. It is starting to get  too cold to work out in the unheated garage.

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#28  Posy 21 Oct 2006 13:04

I understand. How old are you?               I have never heard about The block had the crack not the head. What does "this" refer to? Yes, even that. That is only what you think. How do you know? I am someone that repaired a diesel engine 10 years ago and the repair still holds. Are you?

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#29  Tormie 21 Oct 2006 13:22