V5

Page 1 of 1

Post V5

#1  Chromium 17 Jun 2011 15:52

I have not been following the V5 development on Daz, for a while. Can't remember where the thread is now. It was a suggestions thread, and it had a few pictures linked.

I found this elsewhere.

[Link Removed by Tormie]

I did not know what to make of it.

It was interesting to read. Of course I have not followed this up at Daz, for what's new there.

I suppose I was after more exciting developments. I guess a singular figure is the way forward.

(I know this has no real bearing here at PF, but you have all seen things come and go, and well I was after some thoughts).

gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: V5

#2  Chromium 17 Jun 2011 16:01

So, then off I went to Daz, for enlightenment...

What did I see, a video for their latest "Genesis", next generation figures.

Right I'm not so confused now.

(Thanks guys for your participation in my query).

Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

#3  tda42 17 Jun 2011 17:19

The Genesis figure at the moment is something I think that works with Daz Studio. The deal with it is you are suppose to be able to morph the outfits together with the body at any shape. If you have noticed in the past when you change shape of a character The cloths just become disfigured. Genesis lets the clothes stay with the character. Simply if the character morphs into a dog from a human the clothes will also. As for V5 I think it is part of the Genesis line up but the most I had seen about it is it is uni meshed. It has the character dynamics of weight. So when you see the body running the muscles bounce and add realism to the character as in the real world. It is not really clear at the moment what Daz is going to have so new. As they say you take baby steps when in uncharted waters. The sad thing is with any type of new technology the buyers fork out the money to make it better as if they are beta testers that are paying them to do the work. As positive flow comes, so does the negative and before they fix problems you will have a V5 crying.    

Last edited by tda42 on 17 Jun 2011 17:20; edited 1 time in total 
blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#4  Chromium 17 Jun 2011 18:53

Thanks Tda42.

I just came back over from Daz (again). Did a bit more reading up, and you have summed it up quite well. I don't have to update on the figures now, in fact I could have just waited for your reply.

Currently it appears they have Daz Studio 4 (standard), for free download. The new Genesis figures come pre installed with it. At some point this Daz Studio 4 (standard), will become purchase only. Then in place for free will Daz Studio 4 (free cripple ware), with reduced functionality. Also at some point Daz will release a another Daz Studio 4 (Advanced), with full features, at full price.

I have downloaded the currently free "DAZStudio_4.0.0.339_Win32", binary at around 430MB, if I want to use it at a later date.

(P8=Miki 3 / DS4=Genesis - or I can stick to my P6, and not care).

Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

#5  Tormie 18 Jun 2011 06:52

I'm sorry friends but we don't support commercial products, it's in our rules. (Locked)

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

HideWas this topic useful?