About Our Life And Whats Going On At The Moment

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post About Our Life And Whats Going On At The Moment

#1  tda42 31 Jul 2011 12:29

First of all let me say thank you for all the prayers and best wishes. We have been threw a lot. It started about 5 weeks a go when my wife started to have no use of her left side. The symptoms slowly went away and a week later it happened again. For four weeks it continued. The first ER visit we thought she might have had really bad Migraines and this was the cause. She was released Then on the third week she had them again. We still thought it was migraines. We went to see a doctor who said we needed to go to a Neurologist. The next morning I went to work and got a call by my wife about 5:00 in the morning telling me it happened again. I went home and got here to the ER in the Hospital. They took a CAT scan and found an abnormal mask over the right side of her brain. They said that the Hospital in Nashville named Centennial would be the best place to go so they sent her by Ambulance to Nashville. She was Omitted in a room to where they had done a lot of test to determine the cause. They where still baffled by what they where seeing. We thought for the moment she might have had what was called Mini Stroke. They found nothing in the body as far as anything that could be the cause of this and said instead of her having Mini Strokes she is having seizures.  It is because what is lining the top of the Brain is aggravating the lining which is causing them.  Threw all the test nothing came back bad but nothing was conclusive. They wanted to do a Brain Biopsy because the cultures they had sent out would take a couple of weeks to see if they grew and this would give them an answer to what it was. So the operation was set for Thursday. When the day came we where told her Blood was to thin and would be set for Friday. If the blood was still to thin then they wanted to do it perhaps Monday. So we waited threw the night. When Friday came Dr. Lee came in around 6:30 that morning and told us that her blood was still to thin. So he felt that she should be sent home and come back in a week to ten days to do the procedure. At the moment we are at home resting. She still has the headaches but the medications keep this down some. Her and I are grateful to be home. We are going to have to go to a Dr. Wilson who is a Neurologist that will do a follow up on her study.  The doctors at the Hospital put her in his care because they are Hospital Doctors and do not have a practice Office like this Doctor has. The date to be there at his Offices is August 9th. Her Surgeon Dr.Lee wants to do a Follow up and asks us  to make an appointment with his Office in the near future. For the moment I think and this is just me saying it,  the Biopsy is put on hold because the last cultures to come back holding a possible cause will be ready around that time. In my way of thinking they want to see if the cultures come back positive. If they do then it will be malignant and I don't think they will do the Biopsy rather do radiation therapy to stop the mass from growing. If it is Benign I am not sure still what they will want to do to treat her. Our problem is to be put into limbo, still not knowing what is really going to happen. My wife remains strong while I remain a nervous wreck. The un-known is a scary place to be and trying to be strong is very hard and stressful. She has a short term disability policy to take care of our needs for 2 months but this has been put into hold because of know diagnoses. So this is where we stand at the moment. I want to thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers. I have learned you just have to live day by day to get threw anything.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: About Our Life And Whats Going On At The Moment

#2  ahjah 31 Jul 2011 15:11

Everything left to do for the moment is wait...
We're with you, but you know that already

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#3  A_C_C 31 Jul 2011 17:23

My best wishes for you and your wife.

es.png A_C_C Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 850
Lemons 608
hearts 79

#4  Marv 01 Aug 2011 07:33

Trying to remain strong and positive is hard but the alternative is to let the stress consume you and that will do no one any good. Take each day as it comes and worry only when there is cause. Best wishes and prayers to you and your wife.

us.png Marv Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1330
Lemons 1022
hearts 40

#5  tda42 02 Aug 2011 12:24

Thank you everyone. As of yesterday at 8:30 we had a call from Dr. Li her Nero Surgeon's Office.They wanted to set up the Biopsy Friday at 5:30 AM. I told my wife because of our Money problems and also Dr. Wilson doing a follow up next Tuesday to see if they could do the procedure then. The lady at the Office set it up and then we started thinking that maybe this was a bad idea. Without a Diagnosis, Her Short Term Disability would not kick in paying her Insurances leaving us without anything. Our insurance if it doesn't get payed by these people will expire August the 12. (What next! *Sigh*) So at the moment I am waiting on their Office to open in hopes to go ahead with the procedure. If this don't beat us down then life will. But in all I still think we will get threw this. It is just a waiting game.

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#6  leahman 02 Aug 2011 15:58

-We're checking here `several times each day—
for Any News. We are with you, Kenny.

We just don't know—
what to do...

blank.gif leahman Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User

Tomatoes 22317
Lemons 663
hearts 3697

#7  tda42 02 Aug 2011 16:17

We just got a call from Debbie's Doctor from Nashville so the surgery will be on this Friday at 5:30 AM. If she is doing well she will be put in ICU for the night and I will be returning home to go to work Saturday. My Youngest Daughter will be going up there to be with her that morning while I work. Then I will go back to Nashville to either bring her home or spend a night with her till she comes home. That is all I know at this time. I will let you know what happens and I pray it is for the good. Take care friends.

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#8  Tormie 02 Aug 2011 22:21

Kenny, I really hope for the best bro , it should go well, we've a power here , I'm really sure about it ...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#9  ahjah 03 Aug 2011 01:04

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#10  tda42 04 Aug 2011 13:00

Nothing much going on. That will be the first. Another day then we will be going to the Hospital in the morning. I am still very nervous. She is still doing ok with no real change so I am hoping this is a good thing. We are going to give Little Dory a bath so she will be clean when Debbie gets home. I am going to clean the floors today and she has already packed her things. Tomorrow after I find out she is alright and if they give me any news, my daughter will be at the Hospital and I will go back to our home to work Saturday morning at 1:30 AM. I should be off at 8:00 and then head back home to let Dory out and sleep some. Then I will go back to the Hospital to stay with her until they let her come home. I am thinking sometime between Saturday and Sunday. Thanks again for the thoughts.  

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#11  Tormie 04 Aug 2011 22:50

We're all holding hands together for Debbie        

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#12  tda42 06 Aug 2011 01:13

Just got home from the Hospital. Debbie came threw with the surgery. But she has at least 15 stitches in her right side of her head. She is in ICU and I can't be with her tonight. SO I am going to work and will go back tomorrow to stay with her. They say she will get to come home Sunday. The doctors seem to think it is more Inflammation but they won't be certain until it comes back with results in a week. But said the Pathologist and himself believe under the microscope that it is not cancer from what they can see themselves but more like Inflammation. I cried my eyes out with relief when I heard him say that. We have been threw a lot.

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#13  JanReinar 07 Aug 2011 04:45

We all   here!               

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 21250
Lemons 11861
hearts 358

#14  Tormie 07 Aug 2011 09:15

Good news Kenny      

I'm glad to know that our prayers and thought were useful        

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#15  tda42 08 Aug 2011 21:57

Debbie is doing well. She says her head hurts some but it is because of the surgery and the mass still. We have an appointment with Dr. Wilson on the August 22 to get the final word and see what we will do for treatment. They told my wife that they would use steroids to help with the inflammation and Antibiotics. The Nero Surgeon (Dr.Li) Wants a follow up on August the 30th. We went over Mom and Dads to eat. So as far as I know life is good and getting slowly back to normal.

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910