Your Dumbest Poser Mistakes.

Page 1 of 1

Post Your Dumbest Poser Mistakes.

#1  Chromium 06 Dec 2011 13:54

I'll kick off with my latest Dumbest moment.

I got the clothes converter thingy, and I wanted to get something nice for Ahjah's Anime girl. So of course I need an OBJ, for Posette, as part of the conversion process.

I open up my Poser 6, and get that little python window open for the script to do the conversion. It asks me some prompts that I am not really paying attention to, and well it goes about it's business converting. I start reading the scrolling activity log, and I see it is converting all the OBZ's, in the Runtime, because I misread the prompt for destination location (which was also the original location of the OBZ). I have OBJ's for everything now!

Oh, and to add further insult when I finished the conversion process for the garment for Anime girl, I load the item, and my Poser 6 froze on me (now that has not happened before... uh, yes it has), I shall go back and try again, but read the instructions next time.

Oh I just remembered an earlier one...

I finished installing my Poser 6, and installed my content (enough of it to play around with). I then had a really smart thought, could I give it some Poser 7 functionality?. Like what I wonder. Well I go about examining a Poser 7 runtime, and see differences, in the walk designer, and a few other things, so I think I'll have some of that. In the end I borked my Poser 6, it would not start up (time for another re install).

I am pretty good at re installing Poser 6 now. I have some archived files of a basic install (with the SR4, and CU), with organised content, and am ready for my next re install.

There are others but this is enough for now.

gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Your Dumbest Poser Mistakes.

#2  ahjah 06 Dec 2011 15:48

That's What you learn of, by try and error. Way back on Poser3 when I had to edit about every file to get it loaded  (P4 was standard, P5 was just released that time) , a lot of really strange things happened to me. I had to remap lot's of OBJ, and hack lot's of cr2 manually. I actually cannot recall anything specific right now, but a lot went wrong, of course. They weren't any howtos for stuff like that. I was unexperienced and had to figure it out all on my own. I learned incredibly much by that, about Poser logics (?) and stuff...

I'll have to think about it, maybe I can remember something to post here.
Nice idea for a thread, anyway.   

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517