Something evil is in the air...

Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

#16  Deviant_Viking 02 Jul 2003 15:26

Screw the charms, where's the pot o' gold?

Deviant_Viking Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 6440
Lemons 5480
hearts 0

• Back to top Page bottom

#17  guiltypleasures 02 Jul 2003 15:30

You show me your charms and I'll show you my gold, deal?  

blank.gif guiltypleasures Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 18231
Lemons 14731
hearts 187

#18  Landman 02 Jul 2003 15:30

in the fridge beside the meatloaf......
but there isn't much of it left. my lawyer, Mr. leonard j. crabs, has been 10 pin bowing in the crisper. lost most of it to the penguin......

My grey matter is turning white, my proof is my grey hair....

Landman Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 9180
Lemons 5100
hearts 0

#19  guiltypleasures 02 Jul 2003 15:36

Oh my gosh,Landman's got  crabs in his crisper again..

GP

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 18231
Lemons 14731
hearts 187

#20  Landman 02 Jul 2003 15:38

yea, i do. unfortunately....

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 9180
Lemons 5100
hearts 0

#21  guiltypleasures 02 Jul 2003 15:42

There's a cure for that, but the price to pay is heavy....

Always,
Dr Pleasures

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 18231
Lemons 14731
hearts 187

#22  Landman 02 Jul 2003 15:46

well dp. as i sad before, he's lost most of the gold aready....
maybe i can coax him out with a bit of corn???

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 9180
Lemons 5100
hearts 0

#23  guiltypleasures 02 Jul 2003 16:06

that would be "corn nuts" right?

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 18231
Lemons 14731
hearts 187

#24  Landman 02 Jul 2003 16:19

RIGHT!!

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 9180
Lemons 5100
hearts 0

#25  pangor 05 Apr 2005 01:54

This is intolerable, we can not have these good people endagered like this ever again.  Let see what can I do?    Ah yes, I know!

<crash bang pop bang squeek tap tap tap>  There that does it, that sould take care of any threat!

Relax everyone, I have just installed energy shielding, ablative armor, and a working corbomite device in the clubhouse.  Flip this one switch and this place could withstand a hypernova and destroy anything that tries to harm the clubhouse.

Pangor

Last edited by pangor on 05 Apr 2005 03:48; edited 1 time in total 
 pangor 

#26  erenda 05 Apr 2005 02:18

Sorry but I had to ask : What are you talking about?        

erenda 

#27  pangor 05 Apr 2005 04:11

No problem, erenda.

Have you reviewed some of the older pictures in the gallery?  It appears that a while ago there was a "rendering war" being fought.  It appears that the pictures were of a war that Den was waging against a number of other regulars who were here at that time (before my time here).  At least once, the Guilty Pleasures's clubhouse was tartgeted for destruction in those pictures.  This topic was in reaction to that threat.

Playing along with the joke story line, I wrote the message stating that I had installed three devices to protect the clubhouse and whoever is inside of it.

The first device is an energy shield, like the force field shielding used in man science fiction stories.  One problem that such shield have is that they loose effectiveness as they assorb attacks and have to be recharged.  If such a assorbes enough attacks without time to recharge, they fail leaving the protected object (the clubhouse) unprotected.

The second device is a coating of ablative armor.  That being armor that assorbes attacks protecting the clubhouse even at the expense of the survival of the armor layer, like the heat shield on the space capsules that burn up and so assorbe the heat upon reentry to protect the capsule.  The armor would be used only if the energy shield were to fail under a heavy enough attack.

The third device is a "corbomite device"  The reason I meantioned it being a working one, is because the "corbomite device" was a bluff created by Capt. Kirk in the episode "The Corbomite Manuver".  The corbomite device was a ficitious device calimed by the captain to have been installed on all federation ships.  It was supposed to hit an attacker with the same force and energy that the attacker directed against the ship.  The result would be if the attacker shot a bullet the force of the bullet would be assorbed and sent back striking the attacker.  If the attacker used a nuclear weapon or worse, that weapons energy would be used againt the attacker.  I that episode, the Enterprise was being held by a ship of the "First Federation" and was threatened with destruction.  The bluff was to delay or deter that attack, which in the end was detered.

A hypernova is something that has recienlty been spoken about in astronomy.  When a star of a certain size dies, it explodes as a supernova.  It is now assumed that when a start becomes a supernova when it is near one or more other stars it can trigger those stars to also explode as supernovas.  Which in turn can trigger others.  This chain reactions is called a hypernova.

So tha claim that I made was that the clubhouse protected by the three devices can assorb and reflect even the energy of a hypernova.  The reflected energy would destroy the attacker.

Pangor

pangor 

#28  Posy 05 Apr 2005 04:12

Should there be a problem? What was the second? It's not unusual for a hypernova to be.              Is this a riddle? The  small one, I think.

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#29  erenda 05 Apr 2005 05:18

WoW!    This site has survived a rendering war?        These devices are cooool , but I think we'll need some weapons of mass destruction for the next rendering war, yes, some weapons with a lot of polygons    : In fact I think I can find some ( Oh I shouldn't say this ...It's a secret   ...don't tell anyone ) I must actuate my old relationships with the Brotherhood of the Aesta , they have a lot of this things in the garage.     ( These are characters from one of my "writings" ) I used to be a restatur there , but then we have a BIG quarrel     with the boss. ( We called him "the obese pensioner " ) and then I said : "That's it! Go cause apocalypse without me, I'm going to take over the moon, because we all know there are no politicians there! " I'll make several phone calls some restaturs liked me alot , I even would become a president of the whole brotherhood when this old babbler retired.   I'm sure they'll give their newest technology , they have a looooooot of toys  

P.S : You know I'm joking .... I guess.             

erenda 

#30  pangor 05 Apr 2005 06:12

Yes, I know it is a joke.     Well, I call it a rendering war, look at the pictures uploaded in 2003 and you will see some of it, intermixed with other pictures.

Pangor

pangor 

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next