Why I was here but so silent yesterday.

Page 1 of 1

Post Why I was here but so silent yesterday.

#1  pangor 19 Jan 2006 18:29

Yesterday I started going through freestuff as I promied a few weeks ago.  With the disturbing and yet useless comments that we have been seeing from time to time in the shout box and forums about broken links without telling us for which file, I have started to check each of the files.

Yesterday, I download a large amount of files that we have available.  I hope to be finished with the checks today.  So far, I found only one broken link, it is for one of PBnJ's offerings.

I also found a number of other little problems with some files, most of which we (any member) can deal with when downloading one of those particular files.  But to avoid continued reporting without usefule information by the download lurkers, Those that I can adjust on my own, I will.  For others we may need help from those who provided the files.

I did not fix anything yet, instead I marked those files as unapproved.  This way it will be easy to find them again and it will stop the complaints until they are fixed.  Once I have checked the remaing files, the repairs and reapprovals will begin.

If any of you see complaints about certain file missing from the freestuff, that is why.

pangor 

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  Tormie 19 Jan 2006 21:28

Ok pangor, thank you very very much for your work   ! I know that certain files that I host on my ISP space here are not reachable outside the network of my ISP itself so I'm going to move them directly here in the weekeend. With the last upgrade from godaddy actually we don't have the problem of the space.

Good work   Thank you again  

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#3  JanReinar 20 Jan 2006 00:52

Great work Pangor! Thanks!       

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#4  guiltypleasures 20 Jan 2006 17:07

Pangor you work so hard, make sure tormie gives you extra candies and nap breaks

blank.gif guiltypleasures Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#5  pangor 20 Jan 2006 18:55

I get my naps just fine.:)   Sometimes while still at the keyboard.:roll: About a month ago I was writing Tormie a PM,when I fell asleep without warning.  I found myself waking up and the unfinished PM had already been sent.  My hand was resting on my mouse, so while a sleep I must have pressing on the LMB button and it was positioned over the submit button at the time.  

pangor 

#6  guiltypleasures 20 Jan 2006 21:28

I can relate to that, every time I sit at my computer anymore I feel like taking a nap and end up going to my bed to watch tv and sleep. I think my computer is sending out sleeping gas to me, and I need to find a way to stop it as I want to use my computer more often.  

blank.gif guiltypleasures Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#7  pangor 21 Jan 2006 00:24

Sleeping gas?  That explains alot!  Most of the gas must be released while the computer is rendering or running a cloth sim.  That is when I get the effect most often.

pangor 

#8  pangor 21 Jan 2006 04:46

Please excuse me for interrupting this discussion for a moment is with a little on topic talk.

I think that all the problems in the freestuff have been detected and except for three files have been corrected,those files have been reapproved and are once again available for download.

The remaining three fikes with problems may not be repaired anytime soon.  They are items provided by PBnJ as links to those files on her site and the links are broken overthere too.

So, I guess until more problems are reported (either new problems or items that I missed), the freestuff is back to normal.

Thank you for reading this iterruption of the more fun offtopic discussion.

P.S.  I did not fall asleep while writing this.

pangor 

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Page 1 of 1