Copyright violations in our downloads section

Page 5 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post Re: Copyright violations in our downloads section

#61  tda42 30 Dec 2007 01:21

Thanks Rayera   I don't worry if I am right or wrong. I don't think there where many winners in this race. What matters is that the laws are in place. If they work for everyone then no big deal. It should never have hurt anyone to simply talk. I at first thought that's what we where doing. Just a discussion. But things some how got out of hand and was then a big mess. A shame really. I was hoping that at that moment friendship would hold it all together. In the end it was a bigger mess. I hope all has learned from this and are ready to move on in the hopes we can pick up the pieces on down the road. Life is to short and one day we are going to say things and may not be able to say I'm sorry due to a persons passing. It is something I hope I never have to deal with.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

• Back to top Page bottom

#62  Tormie 30 Dec 2007 10:33

One thing again about it.

For what concerns posetteforever and copyright, things are no more a mess: the author now can choose from 6 different kind of licenses, copyright or Creative Commons and we no longer accept freebies linked offsite on places that disappears too easily. Everyone can have an opinion but the solid wall of copyright laws is something that can't be crashed and this is common sense AND it closes all the discussions about it, everyone has their own opinion and is free to share their freebies the way they want, respecting the "rules" of the freebies of other people and it has been done. But this topic, about copyright , was already been closed and solved...

My problem was to fix the fight between two members: why they fought it's not important to me, the important thing for me was that they should make peace and shake hands, and that the site would not be destroyed (again) for another fight.
For the last experiences, when I have not taken a quick decision the mess increased in volume and we had big problems, plus I simply don't want to spend time with people that don't want to listen and have too much pride for shake hands and make peace. This is one of the reasons why wars exist. From the point of view of a webmaster, the simplest, the easier: I asked the shake hands and say "sorry I've overreacted", one side accomplished, the other one didn't. That's all.

I would not have posted here the email pangor wrote to me but it's said in it that I'm hiding facts... Well, I don't use to post private things, private emails or personal opinions or confidence that people make to me but that email concerning me was sent to a lot of people so while I sent the reply back via email I wrote here too. Who received that letter via email can easily and comfortably continue the debate via email, For me the case is closed.

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

• Back to top Page bottom

#63  tda42 30 Dec 2007 11:44

I would like to go publicly with this and say I am sorry that this has happened. That is all. I never meant to hurt anyone's feelings. I hope Pangor will understand that I forgive him for saying the things he said and his misunderstanding for what he has thought about the copyrights. If anyone has seen him may tell him what I have said and shake hands and start a new. I have tried to talk with him on Messenger a few days ago and no reply. I am only sorry for what has happened with the friendship and what has happened here at PF but not with my belief with the free copyrights. But I don't think anyone should call things they made theirs when it is not so in that respect I can see the copyright and it has to be put in place to protect peoples rights.  No problem there. But as I had said if you feel you should have it and it is important to some then I can respect that. As pangor himself should have seen that this was a topic and people share views. That is all. Just sharing views. If we didn't have a freedom of opinion and speech out here then there wouldn't be a need for a forum. Again I am sorry for this and wished it never happened. Time to move on. I care about all of you here.  

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts