Copyright violations in our downloads section

Page 3 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post Re: Copyright violations in our downloads section

#31  Tormie 04 Jul 2007 16:09

This thing became a mess for me and there is some confusion so the points are:

- Plus3d file can't stay on our site, and it's OK
- We asked permission to Staale or Sthalratte and we're waiting for his reply. If I understood well he has not replied yet (and I think he'll never reply)
- Plus3d files are OK on her site (no password)

So I'm simply asking if a redirect to plus3d homepage is legal or not for what concern you all. My points are

- Plus3d files are Ok on her site
- The files are not shared here
- We'll have not the file here but a simple redirect and not directly to the file but to a site page

I'm talking stricly "legal", I'm not interested in the feeling of Staale of Stahlratte, as far as I know in this way we can't be accused of anything. We don't need any approval from him.

We should cut this discussion soon or it will become a mess as usual

Everyone has their personal feeling about their works but this is not the topic, Staale feels different and everybody can feel different, this is not the point here, we are discussing about how to share that texture legally. If we derail we'll begin to fight each other  

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

• Back to top Page bottom

#32  tda42 04 Jul 2007 17:51

I agree with everything you said Davide. If we have a link then it is up to the person that used the link. If not then let it go and don't have anything. Ether way it is all legal.   Thats what I think. But I do care for everyones feelings. I don't want fighting and I care for everyone here to much to have that. So with all being said the link is fine as far as I am concerned. Others may have a better idea which again is fine with me.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#33  pangor 04 Jul 2007 19:55

tda42 wrote: [View Post]

Can somebody tell me if the copyright rules are even real. I don't even remember when Poser or anything came about where they started writing Read Me files to have a persons rights with Poser things and I have been out here along time that I think I would remember this.

This is my own feelings and please don't look at this the wrong way, but when I do free things. They are free. That's it. No more no less. Just free.   Its like when you give someone something and it is for free, you don't know what kind of shape it is in over the years.

Yes they are real.  And I have been with Poser even longer and I have seen the Poser community grow and then die utterly because of attitude like that you are now expressing.  This is the third incarnation of the Poser community and it has survived when the prior ones did not, because of its members taking ownership rights more seriously.

When you create something, it is yours, unless it was made as a work for hire, then it belongs to he who commissioned or employed you.  Being yours, you own all rights to it, and no one has any at all.  You can keep it private, or you can sell it or sell use of it.  Or, you can share any par of it or all of it.  Anyone who does not agree with the terms you create, can not use it at all.  If they use the item contrary to any terms you have specified, they are thieves.  Simple as that.  This is nothing new.  It has it roots in common law, and the UCC.  It has been the law of the USA since the founding of the nation.  It is now accepted by most of the world by international agreements.

You opinion is that of one who cares about his own desires and not of the need or desires of another.  If you wish to create free items to share you are more than free to release them to the wind as real public domain (assuming the license of your resources permit it.)  But always remember for copyrighted works (all items we deal with in this field are), he who shares is still the owner.  He who receives the item has been given use of it by the owner.

This is like land.  For example, say I own some park like land.  For a holiday celibration, I open it for use as a place for picnics and such on that day.  Permitting anyone to enter that day, I have not lost ownership of it.  and no people can not use it as they see fit.

I am speaking here not from theory but as one who has dealt with these matters as a professional.  As wall as one who has provided much of his works for use of others.  Including in the very software that is making this discussion possible.  and as one who has had much stolen from him as his only thanks for his efforts.

If you want this community of art to survive you really should check your thinking.  Or at the least, if it spreads, PF will be known as a place to avoid.  Or at worst theft of property right will grow to the point that this incarnation of the computer art will die out too.

Please don't anyone be mad. But it seems that I feel like I can't voice myself anymore.

This is a joke right?   You can't voice yourself?  You mean like how I have had to hold back, on any discussion involving personal opinions, I have had to avoid so that I there would be no exchanged for you to overreact to and again delete all your gallery images and run away?  Even as you stomp on and disregard the feelings of those you call friend?

To some who havn't been made aware of it my life is not going very well lately and to see this saddens me.

And this is an excuse your behavior how?

Many of us have had bad times.  If you have not noticed, I am currently since almost a year ago been going through a very bad time.  There were some before that last year too.  and the worst of it was in January of this year.  I am still fighting to survive.  Others here have had their bad times this year and last too.

You are not the only one with bad time, but so far as I can see the only one who has time and a again used it as an excuse.  I have not pointed this out before, for fear of your over reaction.  If you have not noticed, also, that I am not the only one who has been made uncomfortable to speak for fear of your next over reaction.

Tormie wrote: [View Post]

- We asked permission to Staale or Sthalratte and we're waiting for his reply. If I understood well he has not replied yet (and I think he'll never reply)

Correct, no reply thus far,  I have set a date for when I will assume silence will be his agreement to follow the terms of this license as included with the texture maps.

So I'm simply asking if a redirect to plus3d homepage is legal or not...

yes, just as it is done at Rendo.  That is what the seconday links clause provides for.

I'm talking stricly "legal", I'm not interested in the feeling of Staale of Stahlratte, as far as I know in this way we can't be accused of anything. We don't need any approval from him.

To do as I have outlined, true.

Tormie wrote: [View Post]
I talked to plus3d and she doesn't look offended . For waht concerns stahlratte, the conditions to share the file are clearly written in the texture itself and there is no "all sites except posetteforever" so we don't have to care for his permission

He is the owner of his work, and though there is not PF exclusion in the wording of the license, he does have the right to refuse to have anything of them here, even a link to where to find them, if he so choses.

You will recall the mess at 3DT last year, I had no except at 3DT clause in my licenses and you expressed the same opinion as me about my works there.  As the courtesy I have extended the same to staale.  You were right back then, please do not look for less right way this time because it is Staale's works in question.

TdaC wrote: [View Post]
NOt related to this issue,  i have been looking through part of the freestuff. We need to remove the un-posette morph. In the discription at the download page it says that it is not her creation. That she has mixed  morphs she has found around the net. It seems that she doesn't know who the creators of the morphs she used are.

I had not taken notice of that morph before.  Yes, the copyright status of it is worse than questionable.  I have disabled it.  Until its final status and fate is determined.

pangor 

#34  Tormie 04 Jul 2007 21:46

As i supposed the shit hit the fan again at Posetteforever   I'm not taking part of anyone but it's more than obvious that this last post will cause another big earthquake in our little site. We're already few, now we are less. I asked to pangor to consider editing this post and I closed the site waiting for him to do it, his reply was to refuse to talk to me on MSN and Yahoo messenger. I'm sorry but this kind of anger and behaviour is not of an administrator of a site like our, we're intended to be friends and the main task, mine and of pangor as administrators is to fix things , also between users. I'm not better than anyone else but at my age I want some peace at least at home and I consider this place home and you my closer friends. The matter of this topic is very stupid, at last one more or one less texture doesn't worth all this discussion. I sweated a lot in the past and also in these days to fix things between the users, some time I had success, some time i failed. With pangor I failed. I'm going to send him a message that will be simple:

"Dear Pangor, you were one of my dearest friends, I passed with you some of your very sad days and I hope to have been a friend for you. I hope that what happened will make you think at your temper: You've been taken away from several sites, you're a smart person so you should agree that the probability that there is something wrong in the way you relate with other people is high. There is something I learned and it's that sometimes to recognise my own errors and say "I'm sorry, I made the wrong thing" makes me feel better and in peace with the people around me. I hope to meet you again and to that your life will be peaceful as you deserve it."

So said pangor is no more in the staff of Posetteforever and he is on moderated status.

This topic has no sense, after reading the idiotic Staale rules for his texture I put a secondary link on plus3d homepage for the file. For un-posette, please give me the link to the file so that I can delete it. I can't find it myself.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#35  tda42 05 Jul 2007 02:20

This comment has been removed.

Last edited by tda42 on 05 Jul 2007 11:10; edited 1 time in total 
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#36  Tormie 05 Jul 2007 03:41

Kenny. I could have erased the post but thing will become worse if I do it. I requested him to do it , he didn't , so I decided to put him out of the staff of the site, not because I've choosen "you" and not "him" but because we're not intended to offend each other. this is the PM I sent him, he didn't reply to my PMs. And being out of the staff he can't have access to this forum anymore, so he can't read your reply.

Hi Michael. Please consider to modify your last message from the copyright thread. About the file they will simply deleted and that's all. im taking care of it.

Your reaction against Kenny is too much angry. Please remember that Posetteforever is meant to be a community of friends and we should fix the problems between us instead of enlarge them. We are few and after your post we'll become fewer. Please think of the spirit of this place that is funny. Your reminding of kenny leaving the site and erasing all his picture is something that i hardly fixed in the past and Kenny understood that his beaviour was wrong. Now he said what is his own and personal philosophy about his own and personal freebies. I don't agree with him but he can do what he wants with his own things. Now I'm saying to you that you should not react like that in a thread that was never near to be offensive to you, I won't spectate PF fall down once again. So the site will stay closed.

I'm going to work now , Ihope that this other big mess will be fixed  

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#37  tda42 05 Jul 2007 11:09

The matter is closed.

Last edited by tda42 on 06 Jul 2007 20:11; edited 1 time in total 
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#38  Tormie 05 Jul 2007 12:19

So what should be do now ? Personally I'll go forward and I'll try to forgive this episode soon. For the rest I turned on the approval system for the files and for the pictures, but if the members of the staff can help me keeping an eye on what is uploaded on the site i can turn it off. Actually, without pangr, I'm alone doing this job of surveillance and I'm not home every time...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#39  Tormie 05 Jul 2007 17:10

I've been contacted by some of you about this episode and I came to a conclusion:

I fixed this thing in the way I could in order to prevent more damage, If I would have left thing as they were without doing nothing the two of you would have fight each other destroying completely our group, this is my point. Please consider to be in my position.

Now I'm not in the position to take further actions. So now is all in your hands friends: if you want to fix this mess you've to talk each other: someone has to apologize and someone has to forgive. I don't think this miracle will happen but still someone else thinks it's possible.

I'll turn the approval of files and pics as it was, I'm alone now as admin so you should keep an eye opened, ad moderators you can block forbidden contents before i can check them, please do it if something wrong will be uploaded.

I'll go to my mother till tomorrow, I hope to see some good news

Take care

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#40  Whazizname 05 Jul 2007 19:16

Good to hear about the approval re-change.

I'll keep my eyes open for problems too.

usa.png Whazizname Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#41  JanReinar 05 Jul 2007 21:50

I also will keep my eyes open Davide!  

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#42  Tormie 06 Jul 2007 12:48

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#43  tda42 06 Jul 2007 20:16

Davide in the name of friendship and this wonderfull place we call home I have come to a conclusion. I forgive Pangor for all that was said. If you see fit and he would like maybe he can come back if you and the others wish. But please, no more bashing. I was just asking questions and trying to come to a conclusion on my behalf to help get this resolved and didn't expect anything like this. If you would like to tell him to contact me I am willing to let it all behind us. I hate it when friends become bitter enemies and I know you could use his help. Everything is as it was.   Now, who wants Pizza!

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#44  Tormie 06 Jul 2007 20:31

Ok Kenny . Now is Pangor's time to move...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#45  TdaC 06 Jul 2007 20:33

Hugs kenny! I agree with no more bashing.  

blank.gif TdaC Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL