About downloads

Page 1 of 1

Post About downloads

#1  TdaC 31 Jan 2008 19:28

Hi   Sorry for being absent so much lately. I am currently working at two schools and it takes up a lot of my time. Exept for the one that i was at, where i am not full time, i have started teaching at a high school. I teach math, biology, chemestry. I hope u are all well.

A while back pangor wrote me and said that the downloads that he has here that are from/created by other ppl needs to come down. He had an agreement with those creators that the downloads were allowed here when he was here to protect their rights. Now that he is no longer able to do that the owners/creators wants them taken down.

I suggest we email those creators and ask for permission to keep there stuff here even though pangor is not on staff anymore.

blank.gif TdaC Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: About downloads

#2  Whazizname 31 Jan 2008 20:11

usa.png Whazizname Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#3  ahjah 31 Jan 2008 20:16

Hi Thilda
You're right.
I just checked, what files whe are talking about.
There are 24 files most of them from the museum:
Elf ears for Posette and V1/2 (I'd make you a billion ), two old chars from cresswell, an fat char for Posette made by xz scaling of bodyparts (you can simply make it your own if you really need it , no morphs involved), one PUBLIC DOMAIN skin shader for render man (won't need any pemission...), Billy for P4 boy (we have to check this), and a whole bunch of very low quality characters for Dork and Posette dealing with the ancient greek pantheon (as I said, LOW quality and pretty ugly, don't think anyone will miss them...), a set of morphs for the Necros (?). Further there's a set of weapons by mordikar as well as a texture and a character by TdaC ( seems familiar ).

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#4  Tormie 31 Jan 2008 21:41

The weapons from Mordikar ar not in "pangor" list. Besides, I don't believe that "He had an agreement with those creators that the downloads were allowed here when he was here to protect their rights", these are, sorry for the term, bullshits.

However, just to release the pain and hoping to throw this story six feet under (I'm very bored, tired and also angry) Please help me with the links of the stuff to erase, maybe Andreas, when you've some time gimme the links of the things that you think that have to be erased   . I would sincerely leave things where they are, because no one of those authors ever wrote pangor to keep those things out of Posetteforever (or they would have written me directly on the site email address) but again I want to bury pangor and these bullshits forever.

Thilda, please, not that I want to be rude, but if pangor needs something he knows perfectly the email address of the forum or the email address of the domain name of posetteforever.com (it's not masked) and if he wants something he has to contact me directly. I really hate to be in this mood again , Why those people don't simply stay out and live their life, supposing that they have one ? Sorry but I'm very angry      

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#5  ahjah 31 Jan 2008 21:46

I'll have a closer look, but later...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#6  Tormie 31 Jan 2008 21:58

Take your time

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#7  ahjah 01 Feb 2008 15:54

I just tried to set the referred files to "Unapproved" but board tells me, I'm not allowed to
I can enter the control panel but cannot do any changes...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#8  TdaC 01 Feb 2008 20:30

Hello again.

I understand how you feel and i don't think u were rude. I have not talk to any of the creators myself. Pangor said he emailed me because he said you were not responding to his email. I am not saying if it is the truth or not. Just saying that that is what he told me.

Also the email from pangor was from the beginning of januari. I have not been able to be online in januari so i have not spoken to him. I just didn't want pf to be in possible trouble so i posted the message here.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#9  Tormie 01 Feb 2008 21:47

Not only nothing has arrived to me but nothing has been SENT to me. I do respect your friendship with pangor Thilda, but I don't understand your role of spokeswoman for a banned user. "I am not saying if it is the truth or not" it's the same of "I don't know if you're lying or not". So now I don't know what's truth or not , it's the truth or not  ???    . Who knows ? I'm not saying that it's not the truth. At least it's a matter of trust.... So Thilda, if pangor really asked it (who knows   ?) he can contact me or say to the authors of the freebies to contact me. I won't accept third person requests because I don't know if it's the truth or not   and I'm not going to touch a bit from our free stuff page until I'll receive a request from the authors. We're not going in any trouble because of pangor.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#10  TdaC 02 Feb 2008 10:46

I am not a spokeswoman for anyone. I saw a possible problem and i wanted to avoid pf getting in trouble, so i posted the message here in the forum where only the staff could see it.  

I did not make this post to speak on pangor's behalf i haven't even talked to him in a month, i made this post because if what pangor says is true it could mean problems for the site.

If you don't believe that pangor asked me to removed the stuff because he sais he had a deal with the creators that is ok. If those creators become a problem later on, at least you will know what they are talking about now. I just wanted to help the site.

I posted the message here so that it would be seen fast. I felt bad since i was asked in the beginning of januari and have not been online this month. So for 4 weeks i did nothing about it. When i see it now i didn't know if it had developed in to a problem yet.

"I am not saying if it is the truth or not" it's the same of "I don't know if you're lying or not".
For me it is not the same. I don't know if pangor had a deal with those creators or not. I can only tell you that he wrote me that he did have a deal with them.
I don't know if he wrote you or not, i can only say that he told me that he did.

As for you not accepting request from third parties, this wasn't a request. It was meant as information and warning for possible trouble.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#11  Tormie 02 Feb 2008 11:51

Than you THilda, I appreciate what you're doing. I only hope  not to been told of pangor any longer.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#12  Tormie 02 Feb 2008 13:44

... And I also hope that this mess of copyrights has been ended as well because it left a lot of casualties on the battlefield, most of them by friendly fire

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts