A new dilemma - Philgreg picture

Page 1 of 1

Post A new dilemma - Philgreg picture

#1  Tormie 04 Jul 2008 22:43

Well, philgreg has been freshly banned from Renderosity and now he wants obviously some quick revenge.

Question is : should we accept those kind of pictures ?

I read again our TOS/Regulation and it seems to me a picture not "excessive" in what it shows, but the point is if you consider this kind of beahviour "accetable" for us.

You know that I've also some open affairs to settle with Renderosity but I prefer long terms plans   .

BTW the accusation moved from Karen James this time is that philgreg used in his pictures materials that was not bought by him. He replied that they were a gift, they pointed him to their TOS and banned him for using "warez" .

So said if my mommy   wants to give me a gift in the shape of an item bought at Renderosity, I can't use it for posting pictures there...          

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: A new dilemma - Philgreg picture

#2  Tormie 04 Jul 2008 22:45

... I forgot that I'm banned there so I can't post anything at all

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#3  ahjah 04 Jul 2008 23:10

I don't have a problem with this pic (I've been told, this gesture is the common one for greeting over in UK )
But it would be better featuring Posette, no doubt....

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#4  Tormie 04 Jul 2008 23:33

That's ok Andreas, I'm sorry for my "language barrier", what I mean is "should we allow this kind of beahviour ?" and with behaviour I mean attacking another site with a picture
I'm trying to talk out of my personal rage, I also agree with what the picture means.

Maybe we should judge on each different case:

Renderosity bans people whose things used in making picutre are of doubtful provenance, but they keep people who is proved to be real thieves (dphoadley) or accept that people get offended and trolled by the same people disregarding their own TOS. So I think that in this case the picture is legitimate.

If the title would have been "Hey, Planit3d!" instead of "Hey, Renderosity!" I probably would have asked more explanations...

(I should not be so philosophical , it gives me headaches )

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#5  ahjah 05 Jul 2008 00:07

I understand, what you mean. I know you know him from RR forums. Maybe simply PM him an tell him it's ok for this one time, but that we don't want this to become a flame board. You could say it with a " "  , and I think it would be understood

Last edited by ahjah on 05 Jul 2008 00:15; edited 1 time in total 
blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#6  tda42 05 Jul 2008 00:09

Got to admit the guy is good with the light and colors. I think Renderosity is getting what they deserve. If indeed someone has given him the stuff for a gift they are way out of line here. This could cost Renderosity dearly. As for an artist I guess I would have done the same thing. It's just the finger. You could get blamed for that when all that happened was a blind man didn't see the finger up and rendered it that way causing them to be band.   What next.   I say let him have his fun and all of us where out at a bar together and didn't see it.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#7  tda42 05 Jul 2008 09:47

Ok I just thought of something. You know this could get ugly if they keep pressure
on these artist but what comes to my mind is he is here and many to follow and what if DAZ and
Renderosity try to gang up and tell us here that we need to ban or remove art here? It could start
to be a legal thing if enough start to do this. That is we have a print of their items and that alone is a
violation of their copyrights.    In these days and times not every person has money to throw around and someone gives a gift to them. But when they call you a lier. Then they are about to be part of the legal system themselves and not on the side they want I'm afraid. If they are not careful I think a lot of people well
go back to pencil and paper.

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#8  Tormie 05 Jul 2008 10:14

Kenny:

In case of legal problems I'll move the site to Canada in 2 days, I don't live in the U.S.A. and they can do nothing to me

We don't sell anything, they can't ask us to control the users because as far as I know the philgreg here could even not be the philgreg there and we have not a market, we can't control things that are sold somewhere else, if they will come here and moan I'll reply that we are not violating any laws, that as far as I know the pictures are not rendered but made by a pen and then scanned, and I can't say if a thing has been bought or exchanged because I don't sell that item, so I can't know if an user as bought it or not and I tend to believe more to a normal user than to believe to a Renderosity representative.

On PF we don't have Warez, what the people do in their house can't be my bussines (Godfather theme in the background)...

About the rest Kenny, places like Renderosity or Daz have not the same perspective of us, this is why I ever said that we are not concurrent of anything. They don't care if people are kicked away because what is worth there is the marketplace, the center of all is the marketplace, not the gallery. The rest of the site is made with the marketplace in mind. No marketplace, no site. If you go and look at poserpros you'll find a deserted place... they closed the market and they are no more supporting the site, they decided to let it slowly die. Those places exist till they earn money. It's not a bad thing, market is market but you're wrong if you think at those places in the perspective of "love for art" while it's "love for money". They don't care of the users, they care of the money.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#9  tda42 05 Jul 2008 16:39

Davide wrote: In case of legal problems I'll move the site to Canada in 2 days.

What? No Nashville?

I understand Davide. Just was pointing it out in case nobody thought about it. Your right but
I don't see why this was brought up. You answered all of your questions.    But as far
as it goes with what you said about the picture. I had commented about it saying that she had
broke a nail.    So in closing we can see all this in a different way. (Remember the shadow
puppets?)     

Last edited by tda42 on 06 Jul 2008 11:17; edited 1 time in total 
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#10  Tormie 05 Jul 2008 19:21

Yep, I deleted it

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#11  Tormie 05 Jul 2008 20:00

ahjah wrote: [View Post]
I understand, what you mean. I know you know him from RR forums. Maybe simply PM him an tell him it's ok for this one time, but that we don't want this to become a flame board. You could say it with a " "  , and I think it would be understood

Andreas, I don't think he will become a "regular" here or he would have been already. BTW, talking of the guy, he is involved in fora about racial and religious problem (I got skill in searching the net   for our secret service ) This can be troublesome, but all is in the person himself: leahman stopped talking (almost   ) of politic in the forum and the situation cooled down but he is an exception, people tend to persevere till ban and beyond ...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#12  Whazizname 06 Jul 2008 05:27

I see nothing wrong with the image; I have no comment about the feuding.

usa.png Whazizname Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

HideWas this topic useful?