Andreas & Thilda

Page 1 of 1

Post Andreas & Thilda

#1  Tormie 31 Dec 2008 00:13

I'm very sad to have to talk about this kind of things one more time, but they simply happened and now that some time passed I want to let you know.

I think that Andreas and Thilda are no more part of the Posetteforever community, this is not official but they are away from the site since a long time.

About Thilda, it was my only fault: I and she used to chat a lot on MSN on various topics. Unfortunately, the last time it was on a religious matter, that is something that I should have avoided like the devil itself... I expressed my point of view and she interpreted it as a direct attack on her believes, she closed the communications and never talked with me again. I apologized many times by emails and PMs but she never went to Posetteforever again.

About Andreas, he simply stopped to be active on the site before November, I tried to write him several times, I thought that something bad could be happened to him, I was even ready to go to Detmold in Germany and see what happened, then I watched the logs of the site and saw that he went here a couple of times, but never read my PMs or replied to them. You know that the site sends an email for each PM, containing the text of it so he should have read the content, but never replied. I don't know exactly what happened, I consider him a big friend of mine and the last time we discussed was during the "leahman crysis" when I closed the site.
I'm prone to think that probably he found something that offended him in the album, not necessarily by leahman (leahman stopped to post his political pictures here) but in any case, the result is that he left the site.

Now, those happenings depressed me a lot, in a period where I was already in a bad mood, even now I'm not in a good state of mind for having lost contacts with two of my true friends: friendship for me is more important than everything else , more important that posetteforever itself. I'm one that tries to fix things, I can even kneel asking to apologize, but it looks like not many people want to fix things or even discuss. It's not that I'm pointing the finger, everyone has it's own point of view and I understood how hard is to keep some friends together, obviously there is something that I'm doing in the wrong way . I've already talked privately with some of you about it and what has been suggested to me was to simply go ahead and let these things go, that is what I'm prone to do.

In the past we had big crisys but the spirit of this place in a way of another, saved our little community, I hope that we can survive, one more time.

I removed Thilda and Andreas from the "old timers" group (moderators) as "missing in action" and presumed no more active, obviously they will come back, I'll give them back their ranks, but actually, this is the state of the site.

This is a very big loss, they were friends from the first days of the site, I miss a lot Andreas' shouts in the shoutbox .I really hope to find in the future some new friends that can replace them and keep this place alive as it should be, an happy corner where everyone can found some good smiles.

If you know more and can share with us, please do.

A sad Tormie

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Andreas & Thilda

#2  tda42 31 Dec 2008 23:45

Ok this is what I know. I have talked with Thilda and at the moment she is very busy with her life. She has lost
some more in her life. Her Uncle I believe and her oldest doggy. Boy I know how that hurts as
I have had that in the past. I think she still cares about you Davide. She was glad to here from me
cause you know how I am. If I don't hear from you. I go and get you. As for Andreas, well things
could have changed but Thilda hasn't said anything about Andreas. Andreas may have stop for awhile
to get a breath of fresh air with Poser. We have all done that from time to time. I had spoke with Thilda
a little before Christmas. I don't think she is holding the argument against you Davide. So this is what
I know and I hope it helps. Andreas is probably doing music, something he loves or sense the weather has
changed maybe in Spring you will see him back again. Again, I hope this helps you my friend.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#3  Tormie 02 Apr 2009 02:19

Yesterday Andreas reappeared in the Anniversary Topic   ! I hope he will come back   . I was very touched reading it ...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#4  ahjah 28 Oct 2009 19:20

Hi all
It's been some time since I was around. There are several reasons. First thing was switching to linux last year and not beeing able to get Poser installed.
That caused a loss of interest in 3D world in general. I switched to real photography, bought me a better camera (Canon EOS 450D) to live my creativity. Second thing is, my private life wasn't and isn't going too well, don't ask. 2008 and 2009 been a single crisis up to now.
At least, I found time to explore the wine engine (API interface for running native MS apps on uinx systems) on linux a bit.
Two weeks ago, I managed to get terragen running. Works really well. So last week I tried installing Poser7. There are some issues with the GUI that can be handeled. But the installer for the SR1 upgrade will not work. I checked some forums of the wine community, and it seems to be a common issue. The only workaround is to copy the upgraded files from a Win installation. Another tricky thing is, Poser and linux are case sensitive, but some MS installers are'nt so I'm getting double directories like "Textures" and "textures". I have to fix this manually so Poser will find the files... Some tools, especially MPE refuse to work still, but I can play with my posettes again, finally....

Well, I hope I can be around more regularly

PS: Thanks for missing me...

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes