Posfan last challenge

Page 1 of 1

Post Posfan last challenge

#1  Tormie 10 Dec 2009 15:04

I had to move and, I think, delete the last challenge of posfan that is about the nativity of Jesus Christ.

I tried to talk with Jen, but I think that, as usual, it will end up bad.

I want to explain everybody why.

We've some rules here, one says that on Posetteforever we don't talk about religion and politic, essentially we don't consider the site as a place for that kind of topics.

For who remembers the last big explosion about it, knows that I had to delete all the pictures and the topics about the matter where they were more political or religious than historycal when, if I'm not wrong, something erupted with a topic with "atheism" against "religion".

Here on Posetteforever, we've to consider that we're not a homogeneous group of people, we're from all around the world, what it's normal for someone can be considered wrong from someone else so after a discussion it was considered better to leave those kind of discussions on a personal base, that is, for example, what we do in emails and chat when we meet.

As the administrator here, I consider my duty to be neutral, the way to be neutral is to follow the rules without considering anything else, not even friendship.

I've to say that this kind of behaviour, being neutral, didn't cause a benefit to the site: people prefers to stand on their position, only few understood the reasons of our rules, here with Posfan I'm accused of being against the freedom of speech or freedom of art.

Also, the rules were there before the contest and eventually they should have been discussed before, not after, like we did in chat some weeks ago, about the Christmas theme, we agreed that it was not the case of citing religion, leaving the Christmas like the day when the children take their gifts.

I want to remark, again, that this is not a rule against religion, we avoid to discuss the matter at all if not privately (and someone of you knows how much prolific I can be about it...) this has been done to avoid fights.

Moving Posfan's challenge hurt me a lot because I know that it was sweet but if I accept it, I've to accept everything. I had to erase, and I remember it very clearly, a great picture of rayera with Jesus on the cross and it is hurting me to today, believe me.

And from the reaction of her, it will probably cause her to leave the site, even if I just wrote a very long and detailed message to her. Maybe you can help me, and this is what I'm asking you.

I want to add something: you know that I can't be present 100% on the site, infact I noticed the challenge only yesterday. Everyone of you has the tools to take action, or even to contact me when you see something wrong on the site, that can be about politic, religion or whatever.
I've a lot of flaws, but I can assure you that I'm absolutely neutral, I take action and there is no friendship or anything else that can stop me in doing it, so talk to me if you see something that is, in your opinion, wrong. Just know that I can't see everything, but if you kick me, sure I'll see it and it will stay absolutely private.

If you want, we can even open again the discussion about the "religion discussion ban" even if I don't know where it can go, we already did it in the past...

A last note, as I wrote long ago in the forum, everyone can ask me to open a project and control it, that's what I did with posfan and lehaman, they are moderators of their own projects, challenges and music. There is a difference between been "old timers" and moderators, essentially a moderator controls his or her forum, the "old timers" controls everything. Old timers are a proper part of the staff and have access to this forum (Shebeen), the rest hasn't.

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Posfan Last Challenge

#2  ahjah 10 Dec 2009 21:48

Davide, I think you're right about moving this challange. I've seen it the day before, but beeing back olny since some weeks myself, I didn't react instantly. I had a bad feeling about some other challenges before, promoting sites like EvilInnocense and DeviantArt (that belongs DAZ, AFAIK).
I'm not completely shure of her motivations.
Maybe I could write some lines without language barrier, but I don't know Posfan very well, don't even really trust her , see above.
I wouldn't know, what to write...

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons