Eternal Posette

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

#1  dphoadley2 03 Jan 2006 17:23

Question: I've recently come across a variation of Posette called 'Eternal Posette'.  Can anybody give me any information about this version.  I do know that she doesn't wear regular Posette's  textures.

blank.gif dphoadley2 Gender: Male
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Warnings: 3 Warnings: 3 Warnings: 3 
Tomatoes 80
Lemons 232
hearts 0

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  pangor 03 Jan 2006 18:49

I have been searching for this Posette variation for a while.  I assume that she is a reworking of the basic Posette mesh with additional morphs. As is NEA, the various Eve models and Posette 2003.  Or might be the regular Posette with extra morphs, like Linlin and the Ultramorph Woman.

What I found so far is that it seems that Eternal Posette was a commercial product that is nolonger being offered for sale.  I have tried to determine she is being offered gratis or has been retired.

Do you have any additional knowlege of her fate?

Pangor

pangor 

#3  Tormie 03 Jan 2006 21:07

Pangor is right, I hardly remember to have seen her sold at rosity if I'm not wrong, so being a comemrcial product is unsupported here, and I can assure you that free model like the last Pitklad's Nea are of a far better quality.

Talking of commercial products there is also a "Posette 3", a thing that is a reworked Victoria 3 made to have the same shape of our beloved   doll, but she can't wear Posette dresses and "it" doesn't seem to me comparable with the original. At least it miss the basic target of all Posettes: they comes as a default resource of Poser and no one have to pay more to work with them   ...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#4  posfan 04 Jan 2006 10:37

AFAIK Posette 3 can wear Posys clothes - think the promos show that if I remember well. But there's a problem with the last V3 release. She was based on an earlier V3 release - don't know if that is fixed now.

Eternal Posette is a much smoother version of the original Posette. She has a completely new uv map. One was offered for free. The other one was for sale (and I missed it). But you can transfer her morphs to a standard Posette with MorphManager. I read a thread that someone wanted her and PMed the creator so maybe 3Dream will either put her up again or offer her for free.

Eternal Posette was offered over at xxx, Posette 3 can be found at xxx.

I used her in my Remember pic - here. Will make a Model Beauty of the Week pic with her today - so check the album in a few

[edited by Tormie. Reason: referers to commercial links]

blank.gif posfan Gender: Female
Frequent User
Frequent User

Tomatoes 5565
Lemons 998
hearts 217

#5  JanReinar 04 Jan 2006 12:26

Thanks for the info Jen!  

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 21250
Lemons 11861
hearts 358

#6  Tormie 04 Jan 2006 15:26

Thank you Jen, I had to edit your message because links or referers to where a commercial product can be found can't be posted on Posetteforever. No problem, only a reminder.

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#7  pangor 04 Jan 2006 20:06

Thanks, Jen, Now that I know the creator of EP, I have located his email address and sent him an email asking about the status of Eternal Posette.

Pangor

pangor 

#8  posfan 04 Jan 2006 20:43

Oops, sorry Tormie!   but you even refered to one of the sites in the message above....

However, I made a pic with Eternal Posette which can be found here  

Frequent User
Frequent User

Tomatoes 5565
Lemons 998
hearts 217

#9  pangor 05 Jan 2006 07:44

I have received a reply from EP's creator.  He mentioned that she is no longer being sold.

pangor 

#10  posfan 05 Jan 2006 11:38

Yeah, I saw it - and I missed the skin for her that was sold too. (at least I have her and can transfer her morphs to a standard Posette) Did he say anything about offering her for free? There's still a demand as he could see.  Even when he would put her up for sale again, I think some people would buy her....

Frequent User
Frequent User

Tomatoes 5565
Lemons 998
hearts 217

#11  rayera 05 Jan 2006 12:36

Posfan, I had her and was a little desapointed because I didn't like her UV mapping, I changed the geometry to use Posette clasic UVs but there was a lot of streching mainly arround the lips, so I don't think the morph  transfer will work, anyway the smothing and reshaping of the body was beautiful, I think I have some other texture for her but never used and now she's being sleeping in a CD for a long time, I think Nea with her Victoria 2 UVs and morphs are much better and didn't have to pay for her  

argentina.png rayera Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 3930
Lemons 2560
hearts 11

#12  pangor 05 Jan 2006 16:09

No, his reply, he did not say anything about offering her for free.  I agree, Jen, there are many who would truly appreciate having her offered that way.

Rayera, I am not suprised that there are problems with her UV mapping.  I have not yet found a perfect UV mapping for a human figure.  For, V3, M3, etc, I find the hads and feet to be horrible.  For P4 Posette her feet and badly done with the top and bottom stacked together in the UVS.  For my remap for Virgina, the eyebrows are a serious problem.  And so it is for all human models that I have used so far.

Pangor

pangor 

#13  posfan 05 Jan 2006 16:36

too sad! - Hopefully 3Dream will change his mind in the future.

I agree, Pangor, there's no perfect uv mapping. Add the lips as a problem for the unimesh figures, too. Especially between Aiko and the other girls.

Rayera, it works better if you don't use a 1,00 dial (tried it once with a Posette to V2 version). And besides you can fix it in postwork. Some other EP texture than the one I used for the pic? Would love to see it.

Frequent User
Frequent User

Tomatoes 5565
Lemons 998
hearts 217

#14  Posy 05 Jan 2006 16:36

Sorry posfan I don't do math. How far is that?  How about that.

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#15  pangor 05 Jan 2006 17:37

Just like with my Margo series of characters, each of the models are supposed to be using  the same UV Maping.  Each time I add a new model, the texture that was fine needs tweaking to adjust for little errors in their mapping.

Pangor

pangor 

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next