The source of our usernames.

Page 10 of 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post Re: The Source Of Our Usernames.

#136  hanzoushinrei 02 Dec 2007 04:34

initial D??? wow...! I like that too....   amazing isnit that an old car like a Toyota '86 could outrace cars 2 or 3 times stronger than it? Yep...Takumi's skills are more than enough. BTW the film Initial D starring Jay Chou was filmed in Malaysia....the downhill roads are kinda familiar to me...

Hokuto No ken is purdy violent...it always gives me bad dreams.     but I prefer Saint seiya....do they air that in the Europe? I heard they have to change the colour of the blood....

blank.gif hanzoushinrei Gender: Male
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 650
Lemons 741
hearts 5

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: The source of our usernames.

#137  Tormie 02 Dec 2007 10:19

I don't look at them on TV ... I've all the Initial D series , film, stages etc. and I'm waiting for the 5th stage ... I'm not fond of martial arts animes besides Hokut No Ken   , the rest asre only shows for kids   ... My favourite anime ever is Gundam, the original serie, Gundam Z and "0080 the war in the pocket" ... I suggest you Genshiken and Gantz  

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#138  Lickitung 04 Dec 2009 21:01

Ok, surfing the forums and I see this topic. Very interesting, shame no one's posted to it since '03!  

So, source of my usename.  Yeah, you're probably thinking "pfff... pokemon..."

Well, isn't that cute.... BUT IT'S WRONG!!!  ((lil 2 stupid dogs reference there :P ))

This name actually came to me recently from playing Left 4 Dead... which incidentally is where I met my current gf.  Who knew the power of a Zombie Apocalypse could have on love!  

SO.  I changed my Steam identity from another to Lickitung due to the fact that when I first started L4D, I sucked.  It had been forever since I played a first person shooter and L4D has a learning curve despite it's simple play mechanics.  Add to the fact I'm introducing myself to a normally anti-social and condescending community (gamers), I had quickly garnered the anti-newb treatment of getting booted from public games almost as soon as I entered, simply cause someone didn't like my skill level.  But I got better!

My favorite character to play as is the Smoker and I've pulled off some amazing sniper/ninja stuff with a zombie that normally moves slow and awkwardly and is extremely weak offensively.  One of my best was a mid-air snatch against a person that was commiting suicide simply to deny my team the chance to play as the infected.  The person jumped out into a elevator shaft where I was camped, planning to snatch one with my tongue and drag him off into the elevator shaft anyways.  The guy dangled there in the middle of the shaft for a good 2minutes like a pinata while the smoker's tongue hold slowly killed him.    I began to start saying "Fear the tongue!!" as I was getting to be someone hated playing against as a Smoker, because of my skill >:3

So I wanted to change the name and after various tongue themed names came and went, "Lickitung" held and I've even gone further with some Pokemon/L4D hybrid pics!!

My Steam Profile pic!

My in-game 'graffiti Spray' modded off an image from Deviant art.  A Smoker's tongue snatching Zoey in a rather unorthodox way...

Last edited by Lickitung on 04 Dec 2009 21:08; edited 1 time in total 
 Lickitung 
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 640
Lemons 108
hearts 45

#139  Hipshot 27 Mar 2015 22:32

It has been awhile since I posted.  Had to survive back to back to back knee surgeries.  Left knee replaced twice.  This actually has a bit to do with the "Hipshot" tag.  I'm an army vet.  Served mostly with the Armored Cavalry Regiments, notable the 3rd, 7th, and the 11th ACRs.  I was a tank crewman, driver, gunner, and tank commander.  Was a loader for a trip to Graf, (Grafenwhor tank range) but that was the only time.  Anyway, while in Korea with the 68th Armored, I was assigned to the Op officer's tank.  I was gunner, and Tank Commander when he wasn't aboard.  One day at the range, I was sighting in his tank and had to fire a check round in order to make sure all the sights were spot on.  Fired from gunner's main sight - Bullseye - straight through the aiming point.  Gunner's backup telescope, again bullseye.  Tank Commander's range finder again bullseye.  Three shots fired, and three shots right through the center of the target.  (Target by the way is ranged as 1200m or nearly a mile away!)
  I also carried an expert's rating for the M1911 .45 pistol, (Now, I'm REALLY telling my age!!!), M14, and M3 SMG.  
  I was also a fan of the old Rick O'Shay comic strip.  One of the supporting characters was a gunfigher who went by the name of . . . you guessed it . . . Hipshot!.  I also favored western clothes as well as a stiff, flat brimmed hat similar to the one he usually wore when I went off post dressed in civvies.  Ergo, a brother soldier, who has since made his last formation, tagged me as Hipshot.

Last edited by Hipshot on 27 Mar 2015 22:34; edited 2 times in total 
 Hipshot Gender: Male
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 20
Lemons 0
hearts 0

Post Re: The source of our usernames.

#140  ahjah 28 Mar 2015 14:47

Welcome to Posetteforever

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#141  Chromium 29 Mar 2015 13:29

Welcome Hipshot, and thanks for the background.

...and I hope you develop that passion for yours.

gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Aqsis - Open source rendering software melamkish 3D Nightmares... Or... The little sculptor 12 14 Mar 2006 04:21 View latest post
No new posts Big Buck Bunny, 2nd Blender Open source Mo... rayera Blender 10 31 May 2008 23:27 View latest post
rayera

Page 10 of 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10