New Member, Old Fan Of Posette

Page 1 of 1

Post New Member, Old Fan Of Posette

#1  jwarndt 24 May 2013 05:16

Hi group, I should have intorduced myself here before  commenting that awesome animation A Poser user posted.
I've used Posette for various things for about  8 or nine years, and I think she's superior in some ways to the figures that came with Poser 7, which is the most advanced incarnation of Poser I've used. I'm using those Poser 7 figures in my graphic novel Milenka, but Posette's more easily adjusted phisique makes her ideal for the waifish, terminal ill, heroin addicted teenage extraterrestrial in the title role. It was only after I was well under way using her that I hit on the idea of animating the introduction, and that's a challenge with a Poser figure that has limited face morphs and no visime file written for her. So I set a mirror in front of me and modified her face syllable by syllable for a speaking introduction I'm making to the video I making of the novel's still images. I'm morphing her voice from mine with a program called morph Vox Pro, whch I also used to record multiple female and male voices from my own in a very long audio book I created from my novel Magickal Thinking.
It wasn't till after I signed up here  that I remembered a little polymer clay sculpture of an all-girl rock band that I made using Posette as a model way back on 2005. It's been gathering dust here all that time, but I have a bunch of photos which I'm assembling into a video of them and will put up on youtube shortly. Name of the band is Garage Delirium, and it's an entirely fictional group from Cleveland who do covers of British Invasion hits from the 1960's. (Stones, Beatles, WHO, Yardbirds, etc...) If I ever get the time I'm going to use Poser to make a graphic novel with them, but I have to finish Milenka first.

blank.gif jwarndt Gender: Male
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 390
Lemons 118
hearts 70

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: New Member, Old Fan Of Posette

#2  ahjah 24 May 2013 13:09

Welcome again jwarndt

We are a small community of Posette enthusiasts spread all over the world trying to keep the spirit of the early Poser times alive. The times of great creativity when people just made 3D stuff for fun, shared their experience with the community for other people to create their own ideas by this inspiration and so on, just for the fun of it and without any commercial interest. Though I have to admit our activities have calmed down a bit over the years, we're here still running this little lighthouse, with a gallery and a freebie section where we collected lots of stuff over the years not available anywhere else , and of course our forums.
Feel free to look around and if you're in doubt about something just ask

Or simply come here to calm down and relax ...

PS: I noticed this post was double, maybe caused by some problems at our server host tonight. I've cleaned this up.

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

Post Re: New Member, Old Fan Of Posette

#3  Chromium 24 May 2013 16:01

Welcome to PF  

You have already met our Ahjah, and Poser - User, both inspirational members here.

Enjoy your stay, please don't hold back in taking part, you have made a great start already, and please remember we're all friends here, with a common interest.

I'm very happy to see another new member join us, and although I missed the early years of Poser, I see possibilities beyond the limitations people think our older figures have, it's just developing the skill to be able realise what can be done.

gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

HideWas this topic useful?