Pod Room Pink ??

Pod Room Pink ??
Article
Post Pod Room Pink ?? 

Okay, this didn't start off well, because I was playing with reflection maps. Then I accidentally clicked the wrong box and part rendered right, with lovely highlights.

If I cannot get piccy to show up here, I'll put it in albums...

Here's the recipe:

Posette             P4 Nude Woman (gen off)
Female Hair1     P4
Leotard             P4
ClaraBoots04     Nerd     (free Renderosity)
Fantasy Boots    taruru   (free Renderosity)
8000 Dress       SteveW  (free Renderosity)

Dress used texture and bump maps supplied, but I changed the colour.
Pod-room pink...         R G B

Object colour    255    0 128
Highlight    128 128 128
Ambient    128 128 128
Reflective    250 200 200

Highlight size    100
Transparency    10
Transparency    10
Transparency    10

TCATEF[ ]

Texture    None
Strengt    100
ATTH [ ]

Bump    No Bump
Strengt    100

Reflection    None
Strengt    100
MTL [ ]
MTOC [ ]

Transparency    None

IMHO, Combo gives fabrics a nice 'glow' when rendered...

Nik [ 01 Jan 2008 01:56 ]

Pod Room Pink ??
Comments
Post Re: Pod Room Pink ?? 

Ambient to me is set way to hot unless you meant to do that. Most of the time I usually set it to .2500.
Or set the color to black and flat line it to zero. Nice outfit.  

tda42 [ 01 Jan 2008 03:20 ]

Yes, very nice  

Tormie [ 01 Jan 2008 13:32 ]
Post WYSIWYG... 

Yeah, SteveW's free 8000 Outfit is a jaw-dropper, especially in the original crimson...

Ha ! My 'Pod Room Pink' is meant to be an 'unreal' colour, like DayGlo bubble-gum / candy-pink shades of satin / latex.

[ FX: Shudder... ]

Also, doing it this way, with high ambience, plus partial transparency for 'depth', means f9 'textured shaded' editing view is *very* similar to rendered.
WYSIWYG.
WYSIWYG.
WYSIWYG.
D'uh, this resolves one of the many problems I had with P4 back in 2003/4: My 'shiny' materials rendered wrong three ways. I could not, cannot get my head around the 'technical' route with black material, silver reflection maps etc etc: They're waaay too many arcane factors for my befuddled brain to juggle, and counter-intuitive besides...

I'm close to desired loathsome shade & texture now, but might have a play with 'speckled grey' reflection and/or bump maps. I'll probably turn up the transparency a bit more, find the 'sickly-sweet' spot...
---

Um, why ?? Think modern 'Alice in Wonderland', with 'Monsters of the Id'. Neither gamin Michelle nor everyman Joe can abide pink/fluffy so, of course, they're stuck with industrial-strength 'Pod Room Pink'. Happens that's the least of their problems...

My 'to do' list is growing...
Still gotta find 1/8 Chinese face for Michelle, and scale her 'gamin'. Build 'MAT' pose for pod-room pink. Play with hairy/furry textures and bump maps. Fix that Geisha wig. Find foot poses etc for Posette's now-dozen types of boots and shoes. Then, perhaps, I might be able to move onto Wing-ing Joe's 'Theatrical Prosthetics' and morph-targets, while making some scene props. Perhaps re-work footwear stolen from V2/3/4, Koshini and Kururu ?? D'uh, they've only two or three 'simple' joints to re-wire !!
Then *real* clothing...
D'uh...

Nik [ 01 Jan 2008 14:24 ]

Sound to me like you have a lot to do Nik.

tda42 [ 01 Jan 2008 14:58 ]

Yep, a lot to do, and it looks like you're having fun ! Let we see the result !  

Tormie [ 03 Jan 2008 20:20 ]
Post MoRe: Pod Room Pink... 

Um, after picking that particular shade as 'exceptionally loathsome', I was horribly amused when my Mother-in-Law received a bunch of flowers in a tiny vase tied up with a genuine 'PodRoom Pink' ribbon.

It really does come close to 'glow in dark', and has an un-nerving translucency...

I've grabbed the ribbon from the rubbish bin, filed it with my Poser notes, 'See ? I could not *invent* that stuff...'
---

I'm starting to experiment with transparency variations for translucent layers. After looking at how wigs are done, I think I can reproduce some of the P5+ tricks just by nesting garments...

IMHO, creating shiny fabrics by over-whelming materials with reflection maps may look very good on that colour, but needs a completely new map if you edge away from original black, nearly black or midnight blue...

And, d'uh, it is never WYSIWYG...

Nik [ 11 Jan 2008 14:10 ]

I am certainly  -NOT an expert on PINK
and the older I get the more trouble I have  with colors....
So  - does anybody think
I should apply this -to the Pink Panther ?

leahman [ 16 Jan 2008 06:45 ]

It worths a try   ! Like a gala fur, a tuxedo  

Tormie [ 16 Jan 2008 23:01 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 1