Cycles: 'Blender' Vs Blender...

Page 1 of 1

Post Cycles: 'Blender' Vs Blender...

#1  Nik 02 May 2022 17:49

So I was having yet another try at getting to grips with basic Cycles-- Emission, Reflection, map/masking each, trying to get both FX to work at same time...

No, Cycles Surface would only accept one of Emission nodule +Image_Map or Reflect nodule +Image_Map....

D'uh, what was I missing ??

Much exasperation, caffeine and unprintable epithets later, sorta dawned that perhaps the 'Blender' thing meant 'Combiner', rather than a 'me-too' of an arcane Blender / BfA (Modeller) specific feature...

{Face-palm...}

Upside, I've learned something new today...

A tad fuzzy due 14 pixel-sample test render...

ps: May we have more than 10-character fields for image_source name, to better distinguish files ??

uk.png Nik Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Warnings: 1 
Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Cycles: 'Blender' Vs Blender...

#2  ahjah 02 May 2022 18:15

Yes, I use the Blender node to apply makeup (not to me, to Poser characters that is)
You can attach a grayscale mask to the "Blending" input to control the ditribution, and you can "cascade" them, i.e. feed the output into another one to combine it to something else

About the file names, I can have a look, but can't promise anything. Could be implemented in the code itself. I don't have access to that

Edit: Just checked my admin options but couldn't find any way to change the file name length from there. Could be there's no way. Our board is "Ancient Code" [TM]

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130