Always a discouraging word.

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

#16  Tormie 22 Aug 2005 11:49

I think that Renderosity is a good stage to show one's work because it has a lot of people connected. I use to encourage people to post their works on all the available places, also in the newsgroup (alt.binaries.3d.Poser) in order to let the people know about your presence and at least not to give up to those lamers...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

• Back to top Page bottom

#17  Tormie 22 Aug 2005 11:50

(lol, Tormie wrote 5000 posts )

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#18  Anouk 22 Aug 2005 12:50

I do not like Renderosity much.  There were mean people there

blank.gif Anouk Gender: Female
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Currently banned
Tomatoes 280
Lemons 140
hearts 0

#19  pangor 22 Aug 2005 16:18

I will need to locate the the picture of one of those person's made those comments that he used as part of the description for one of the works in his gallery.  Then I will post the link to it here.

Pangor

pangor 

#20  pangor 22 Aug 2005 19:14

I found it.  He is a very skilled artist.

Here is the picture that he included he appeal with: Silent Spring

Some highlight of his commentry is in the original appeal and the follow up comments:

Quote:

...we are all responsible for the look and artistic form of this place...

...be more exigent and critical towards your creations and those post by others.

Maybe some of you think that it is "politically correct" to post lame renders and require only "excellent" ranks and post comments dipping from hollow superlatives.. - Wrong!

I can not do a nice picture in 15 minutes - nobody can - it is impossible - so I don't post 1000 same lame quality pictures.

...I would like to see here as many followers / competitors as possible - but large majority prefers to set "15 minutes scenes" poorly prepared, poorly rendered - and simply does not want to do improve - this is sad - but they are happy with this - finally why not? - who said that life should be a race, while stagnation is so pleasant state...

I do agree with the idea to push the envelope and improve, but I don't agree with the elitist or exclusionary attitude that this artist presents.  I like the works of those who have truly mastered their skills.  I also like the "flawed" efforts of a beginner who is learning and wants to improve.

We are all always learning how to use our tools better and new techniques.  To exclude artists who have not achieved as certain level of proficiency is wrong.  How many new artists would ever make it to the level of a real master, if he were excluded from participating in the artists communities?  

Pangor

pangor 

#21  Gojira 23 Aug 2005 11:06

That was a nice picture, with tons of reviews left.  I don't know why people like that can't simply enjoy the community, without ruining it by insulting everybody else who is trying to do the same thing . . .

Gojira 
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Warnings: 1 
Tomatoes 970
Lemons 937
hearts 0

#22  pangor 23 Aug 2005 15:42

I agree.  Based on his work, I would most likely placed him on my favorites list and tht site; however, in my opinion his attitude overrode the quality of his artwork.

Pangor

pangor 

#23  Gojira 23 Aug 2005 16:22

Perhaps the art has ceased being fun for this person and has become something more dark - more - (gasp) - SINISTER . . .

Sorry - I live in Stephen King Land . . .

Gojira 
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 970
Lemons 937
hearts 0

#24  pangor 23 Aug 2005 17:14

I am currently being targeted by another troll type at Rendo via IM.  I am going to try to deal with him and I had with the others.  I will not reply to him, and I am going to render something that may make him give up.   Working title of the picture is "The Z Cup Woman".

Pangor

pangor 

#25  Tormie 23 Aug 2005 17:52

Oh my god, just ignore them pangor, the first one is extremly skilled but it is a poor selfish and has a nazist philosophy that is strange considering the place where he lives... Ignore him.

Last edited by Tormie on 23 Aug 2005 18:21; edited 1 time in total 
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#26  Gojira 23 Aug 2005 18:12

A Z Cup Woman . . . Hmm - what could that possibly encompass . . . ?

Gojira 
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 970
Lemons 937
hearts 0

#27  pangor 23 Aug 2005 20:18

Quite right.  I first noticed him when a link to that picture was posted at ToD.  I viewed his artwork, the comments, and his Rendo homepage, then I chose to ignore both him and his artworks.

This other fellow I think will give up once he sees my next picture.  Don't worry, I will not dishonor the good name of any Posette with that work.

Pangor

pangor 

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts word on rene messenger The Posetteforever diary 6 22 Jul 2005 22:16 View latest post

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2