Coming back to the Dark Ages (another rant I'm sorry )

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

#16  pangor 28 Jan 2006 04:45

WOW, That is a surpise for me.  It sound like I have more in common with my  Daniel character than I had imagined.

Rayera, when I mentioned "I am so amazed that so many who consider themselves the be very religious and educated seen to never have heard about the Council of Nicaea...." I was thinking about Erenda's teachers.

I hope that I did not offend you.

pangor 

• Back to top Page bottom

#17  erenda 28 Jan 2006 07:51

Ok , one question to those who studied in a Catholic school : what did you study in the biology or history class? Apes or Adam and Eve? I'm asking cause Some folks make some children propaganda and not only this but also try to offend homosexuality and Islam. Reminds me "The poisoned mushroom" -a cute little nazi children book.

erenda 

#18  TdaC 28 Jan 2006 12:52

Well i'm not catholic, i am a protestant, lutheren. In sweden  state and chuch are seperate and so is education in scools and religions. Churches teaches from the bible and schools from science. But the schoools also explain what the different religions like christians, jews, hindu, islam, buddism etc believes.

blank.gif TdaC Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 7320
Lemons 8763
hearts 143

#19  pangor 30 Jan 2006 22:45

Most of the history that we studied was about Columbus discovery of the new world, the pilgrims landing at Plymouth Rock, and the first Thankgiving, and some things about our state.  I was back in public school before we got into the more interesting topic such as evolution or creation that may have been covered in the higher grades.

In general though we are learn both Creation by the curch people and evolution by the science people.  Both refuse to consider enough value in the other to even debate the issue.  Neither side will consider that they both have a piece of a even more interesting issue, where both may be right and both are wrong at the same time.

For them, it is like an advertising aircraft.

pangor 

#20  rayera 01 Feb 2006 02:49

Well, I atended to a private catholic school where my little Alma will atend too, called Nuestra Sra de Lourdes (Our Lady of Lourdes, catholic isn't it   ), all religious schools was all boys or all girls school until not so long ago, now just a few remaind only one sex, but this school was allways for boys and girls, and I like it. We studied the evolution of the man in history class and the evolution of the life in biology class, my biology teacher used to say that when the more you study the nature of life and the perfect armony that science find from the smallest to the bigest discover in the universe the harder become to think it's all ramdom, that there must be an inteligent power behind all this, call it God, Alla or Nature. Once I asked my religion teacher how was it posible the creation proces and Adan and Eva, how was it posible to populate the planet if the just had two boys   , she answered me that the creation is a great, beautiful and creative metaphor, that Adan and Eva represent the begining human kind and the origin of sin and evil, if all that was historical (hard to prove) probably it wasn't the exact begining of human kind but probably the begining of an age in religion term, this last her speculations she sayed, but asked me to go with father Dusso, the founder of the school and ask him, I and some class mate did it and he smiled and answered, "your teacher is very sensitive and clever".
About other religions I was taught to respect them all and that the best way to convert somebody to my own religion is with my own example  
About homosexuality I was sayed that it was an unnatural condition acording to our catholic principles, (not a desease, not a defect) and that needed help, now I can understand why The Church never will marry two man or two woman, but I can't understand when they say they condem homosexuality and the state that selebrate contract between them, condem, isn't it a word that go agaist many of catholic teaching?
That propaganda you show, Erenda is sad, very sad, in my Catholic School I was never instructed that way, that is whay my girl will go there, but I can't ashure you it's the same in all catholic schools of the world, for what I see some of my city schools are similar to mine. A cute little nazi book, by the way, doesn't the new pope last name sound a little, well    nazi     (better shut up rayera   )

Pangor I understood what you ment   , and I quite agree with you, besides we here have a say: La verdad a veces duele pero nunca ofende, The true sometimes hurt but never ofend.     

argentina.png rayera Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 3930
Lemons 2560
hearts 11

#21  pangor 01 Feb 2006 07:42

Rayera, your school sound nice.  I wish the schools both catheloic and public that I attended were more like that.

In catheloic ask a question that they didn't like and it would be called a sin, while you were accused of heresy and threatened with excommunication.  When you are in the second or tird grade that could be scary.  So, nobody but me asked questions during religious training, and nobody but me even seemed to care about the subject.

Then in public schools, the opposite of everything but they also did not like questions that were too hard for them.

pangor 

#22  erenda 01 Feb 2006 09:56

Quote:

That propaganda you show, Erenda is sad, very sad, in my Catholic School I was never instructed that way, that is whay my girl will go there, but I can't ashure you it's the same in all catholic schools of the world, for what I see some of my city schools are similar to mine.

Actually these folks are condemning Catholitism too because the catholics have statues of Virgin Mary and according to them Catholics are making idols. At least they don't propagate anti-semistic ideas.

Quote:

A cute little nazi book, by the way,  doesn't the new pope last name sound a little, well  nazi   (better shut up rayera  )

I refered to the cute little nazi book because it seems the same way that they comics seem with the only diffrence that the book is not black & white. I don't think the pope has nazish name or something , or that Catholics are nazis. And as I mention before these guys aren't Catholics. They are fanatists.

erenda 

#23  rayera 02 Feb 2006 01:53

Sorry Erenda, I really misunderstood everything   I thought It was chatholic (that happend to me for not to read the small letters or search the site).
I don't think Pope is Nazi too, let me explain, believe it or not that reply took me 1 hour and half to complete, I typed something and go do to something else, came back, correct something and go away again then comeback, ad something in the begining and something in the end, resulting I ended it very late and posted without reading, allmost asleep then I forget to modify and explain the nazi last name phrase . When Ratzinger asumed like pope here I heard a lot of people refering to him like a nazi just because his last name, it get acentuated when here was aproved the law to let people of the same sex celebrate a life contract (marry) and The Church manifestated hardly agaist it, the same in Spain. Then you post it, refer to the little nazi book and thought you asociated the same way. I don't know why but here everybody that have a german last name must suport this kind of jokes from time to time, I know it for my own experience. I Just let me take myself by the bad scence of humor of my people   .
About statues, that's all catholic people fault, and in part true, I think this behabiour is much more common here in Latin America, as I was instructed images and statues are part of the decoration, like a photograph you have in the house of the people you love, you kneel down just in the presence of God, Marà­a is venerated and honored but not adored, like all Saints, no need of an image to pray; but of course popular traditions are diferents, very popular and very traditionals   , anyway some imaginarie are very beautiful, and remark, specially here in Latin America, The Church don't seam to be much agaist this, and don't seam to hurt, just give other religions something for critisism making it sound diferent and more terrible of what really is.

My apologizes for have misunderstood you, Erenda  

argentina.png rayera Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 3930
Lemons 2560
hearts 11

#24  Posy 02 Feb 2006 01:54

Only just? How do you feel about these people?

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#25  erenda 11 Feb 2006 20:11

No problem rayera.   Please tell me that you don't feel really sorry because catholic people are praying to statues. If I was God I wouldn't care about this teologies humans have invented , or their holy books , or how they pray. However if you want some fun Here is a parody of the previous comics showing where the author of the originals will go when he die. (click on the Achive button)Personally I don't think there is need of parody , his original comics full of paranoid ideas that catholics , homosexualists , musicians , mussulmans , ateists and devils are making conspiration to lead the "real" christians to eternal damnation are a parody themselves.     

erenda 

#26  erenda 11 Feb 2006 22:24

Oh , btw  here is more of the "wisdom" of my painting teacher:

On the Bible:
" The Bible is the word of God cause the Bible say so."

On children education:
"Dogs (by "dogs" she means little children) should be beaten when they still little to learn to obey the parents. In the Bible is even written that we should stone them to death. I'm telling you beat your dogs!"

On me:
" You evil diabolic creature , if you open your mounth again you go to hell!"

erenda 

#27  pangor 12 Feb 2006 09:24

Here is a link you may find helpful:

http://www.biblegateway.com/

Here are some possible replies:

Quote:
On the Bible:
" The Bible is the word of God cause the Bible say so."

Where in the Bible is it written that the Bible is anything?
No place for the word "Bible" is not written any place in the Bible.  

Quote:
On me:
" You evil diabolic creature , if you open your mounth again you go to hell!"

Oh no, I do not want to spend eternity with you!

Do you mean that you are planning to take me with you down the when you are rewarded for you blasphmy?

Oh no!  I don't want to come live with you!

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. -- Matthew 7:14-16

Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart. -- Jeremiah 14:13-15

pangor 

#28  erenda 28 Feb 2006 22:29

Hmmm...something very interesting happened one of the students from my ex painting class suggested me to return to the class (propably cause she's missing the show) and said something like : "Ok, if you don't like her fanatic beliefs give her something to read that is agaist such fanatism."
Well , I won't first because I have no idea what is this "something to read" (I mean nobody writes or wrote something specific about religion, because it is not considered a serious topic here.)Ok, I've red some stuff but giving her to read something which suggest that her "beliefs" (which look quite fundamentallist btw) are ...hmm..sick is the same like she putting the Bible in my face telling me to get to know Jesus NOW or I'm going streith to hell.
And I'll probably look like these folks below  

erenda 

#29  pangor 17 Mar 2006 20:50

You can never win such an argument.  I also don't trust your former classmate's reason.  If they want a show, let someone else take the fire for it from here on.  You have found a better teacher, stay with him or her.

pangor 

#30  erenda 19 Mar 2006 00:36

Of course I'm not coming back , my new teacher is great btw.

erenda 

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts dark theme.... mosca Whip The Admins... 5 02 Dec 2003 10:43 View latest post
ahjah
No new posts A rant Wheelchair The Posetteforever diary 23 12 Jul 2004 03:37 View latest post
Den Tracy
No new posts My turn to Rant melamkish DEATHMATCH ARENA 20 04 Jan 2006 03:56 View latest post
Tormie
No new posts Auto censorship! (rant) Posy The Posetteforever diary 2 28 Feb 2006 02:49 View latest post
Posy
No new posts Nea is coming... PitKlad The Posette Playground 58 07 Jul 2004 12:26 View latest post
Posy

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next