Subject: That #$!&*?# Preview Outline
Hi gang, I've asked this question in a couple other forums and received answers that I either didn't understand (I'm NOT very technically proficient) or simply didn't work.

It's that cursed red outline over any prop or body part that you select. I mean I understand it lets you know what you've selected with your mouse, but if you're going through the heirarchy editor or parameter dial, you already KNOW what you've selected and that thing just makes the work harder!

HOW do you make it go away?????????? It hurts my eyes to even look at it and is making my work harder all the time! Especially when I'm trying to fine-tune facial expressions. One response I got told to look for some folder on my pc that I simply couldn't find. The other answer I got told me to go right into Poser and edit a line of code, which I did, very reluctantly, but that didn't do a thing.

Any ideas for just GETTING RID of that damned thing would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! Image

Subject: Re: That #$!&*?# Preview Outline
Hi John :hi:
I know what you mean. The line can be helpful from time to time when fitting i.e. hair, but most of the time it's rather annoying to me either.
There might be a chance for a solution by editing one of the xml files in \Runtime\ui , but I'm no expert here.
But as I recall, it was there in Poser 3 already, no xml way back, so it might be compiled into Poser.exe itself.
In this case it can't be changed, I'm afraid.
That are my thoughts about this, let's see what the others know...

It goes both ways for me too.

Doing away with it, I'm guessing may be a Python answer.

The likes of PhilC, may be able to answer that more fully.

As for any Python solution do bear in mind...

Early versions of Poser up to Poser 6, use the same Python method.

Poser 7, and Poser 8, use the same Python method.

Poser 9, and Poser 10, use the same Python method.

(I've ignored the Pro versions of Poser, which would be respective to their Poser version).

Using any Python script outside of the Poser version it was made for may cause issues... or may just do nothing.

Profile PM  
Chromium wrote: [View Post]
It goes both ways for me too.

Doing away with it, I'm guessing may be a Python answer.

The likes of PhilC, may be able to answer that more fully.

As for any Python solution do bear in mind...

Early versions of Poser up to Poser 6, use the same Python method.

Poser 7, and Poser 8, use the same Python method.

Poser 9, and Poser 10, use the same Python method.

(I've ignored the Pro versions of Poser, which would be respective to their Poser version).

Using any Python script outside of the Poser version it was made for may cause issues... or may just do nothing.

Not to be flip, but a python is a big snake, isn't it? I'm terribly ignorant of things technical. I learn how to use software by fooling around with it till it does something. Reading tutorianls is actual physical torture for me, so I suppose I'll have to learn to live with it...
But thanks.

Last edited by jwarndt on 30 Dec 2013 03:07; edited 1 time in total
What I failed to mention previously is the utter capriciousness of that #@&!* red outilne. Sometimes it's faint, sometimes it's so glaring that the underlying body part is obscured almost totally. Sometimes it doesn't come on till I've been at work on a scene for 15-20 minutes, sometimes it's the first thing I see.

One think I've had some limited success with is to never use the mouse to select the part I want to work on- l aways use the heirarchy editor. That will hold it at bay for a while but inevitably it seems to get turned on.

I'm thinking of writing to the CEO of SmithMicro and saying something like "This is the 21st century. We put men on the moon 45 years ago. Surely your highly skilled programmers can figure out a way to make that bleeping thing optional!"

LOL :D Good luck! :thumb: ;)

Great and to tease you, I'll log on to Runtime, and ask Teyon, or Cooper, if they can have adjoining items high lighted in different colours so I can differentiate between them all... lol.

Profile PM  

Page 1 of 1