Nea with more polygons (WIP) *nudity

Page 1 of 1

Post Nea with more polygons (WIP) *nudity

#1  erenda 02 Apr 2005 23:27

I was thinking to make this long time ago. Well I finaly did it , using ZBrush. But now I have a lot of problems with this new *obj file:
1. the UV mapping is totaly lost
2. something strange is happening with te join parameters
3. there are probably more things that I haven't noticed yet  
Any ideas how to fix the join parameters?      

erenda 

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  erenda 02 Apr 2005 23:29

This is what happen when I appy a pose to her      

erenda 

#3  pangor 03 Apr 2005 01:08

It sounds like your modeler did not preserve or properly adjust the UV Mapping.  Unless there is some function in that software to preserve that information across the operations that you performed on the model, you will need to create a new UV Map for the model.

As for the joints:  Are you using the new OBJ file with the original CR2 files?  If so, they are calculated to work with the exact polygons of the original geometry.

You will need to create a new CR2 file with a new set of joint parameters.  The procedure that you can follow will depend on with version of Poser you are using.  If you have Poser 5 and I believe Poser 4 PP, you can inport the new OBJ file and enter the setup room to attach a bone structure to the model, there by creating a new Poser figure.  By the way, in the process you have lost access to NEA's morphs.  Depending on how you altered the geometry, you may be able to use some of them, but I have not checked the license for the morphs, to determine if you are permitted to reuse them this way.

If you have Poser 4, then you will have to use the older Poser 3 figure setup procedure, which is also still useable with Poser 5, if you don't like the setup room.  The instructions for that procesure should be on your CD.

Pangor

pangor 

#4  Tormie 03 Apr 2005 01:25

Pangor is right, I think that you need to use the P5/P6 setup room (I never learned how to do ) to fix joints. The UV map is the minor problem, you can made them with the uvmapper.

And if the new obj has the same shape of the old one you can use "the tailor" to transfer morphs (the tailor is not a free program   ).

I have to learn tou use that Zbrush, I want to improve my Posettes   !!!

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#5  PitKlad 05 Apr 2005 13:54

I have used Zbrush for most of Nea's morphs, it's the easiest way to make Poser Morphs! I also used Wings3D for more detailed morphs...
Nea's morphs can be restributed for free character creation!
Maybee with Tailor you can tranfer the morphs on this higher resolution NEA...

pitklad

blank.gif PitKlad Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2180
Lemons 2234
hearts 132

Post Re: Nea with more polygons (WIP) *nudity

#6  stahlratte 03 Jun 2005 20:12

Sorry for chiming in late, but two points:

1. @pangor & tormentor: Does the joint parameter info really depend on the polygon count?
I made several hybrids (Different heads on NEA´s body), and always used NEA´s cr2 to set the new mesh up. (And Vicky, Stephany and other heads have a higher polycount than NEAs, still they moved like NEAs head.)

Isn´t the real important factor the size and shape of the object ?

Hmm, I will have to test that. with Wings.

2. @erenda: I don´t think it will be too usefull to subdivide NEAs complete body. She will be then end up as "fat" as any Unimesh but not necessarily bend or render better.

What NEA could use are more vertices around the knees, ellbows, hip/thighs/butt/crotch and around the eyes.
(Maybe a few added to the chest won´t hurt, either)  

This would help her to bend smoother without adding too much vertices.

Let´s face it, Vicky2 and especially 3 are pretty perfect as is, so it would be wasted time in my opinion to make a mesh that directly competes with them.
Posette/NEAs big advantage is her low polycount, so one should be carefull adding too much polys.

If I´d wanted a high poly figure with Posettes looks, I´d  rather Frankenstein her head on V3 and be done with it..  
(Hmm, already put V3´s head on NEAs body, so it would be only fair to do so)  

I think another area that hasn´t explored very well yet are JCMs, that could help making the 99% perfect job that Narcissus and YAMATO did 100% perfect.

For example for this pose I made a slight correcting morph to smooth her butt that could be added as a JCM morph:
(If I´d only knew how! )

[img:1d8d952c57]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HeisseRaeder/Poser/Bender05a.jpg[/img:1d8d952c57]

Please don´t get me wrong and continue experimenting with Posette/NEA in whatever way you like.  

I just wanted to add that I think her strenght is that she´s DIFFERENT from the Unimesh folk and should develop in a different direction to retain her uniqueness.

stahlratte

stahlratte Gender: Male
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 130
Lemons 139
hearts 0

#7  pangor 03 Jun 2005 20:31

I am not certain just how far the changes can be made before the point parameters need to be redone.  Perhaps the head, be a terminus for the body may be a special case because other body parts don't depend on its positioning.

I support the idea of experimenting in anyway someone wishes to enhance the Posettes.  I find it amusing when I see works made with Nea, Linlin, or any of the other variations, (including my efforts with my characters   ) posted and people comment, "that is Posette?"  or "that is Dork?".  So many discredit and ignore these great models and don't have any idea the sort of gold that they are ignoring.

Wow, you really have her bending over backwards for you!

Erenda: where ever you are, we miss you, and we hope you are well.

Pangor

pangor 

#8  Tormie 04 Jun 2005 01:38

Where is erenda ?      

It hurts me to see her posts ...

stahlratte, I caught your point of view, for what concerns me I'm glad to experiment with fully conforming Hybrids of Posette, I use the Arduino's Eve a lot of times. The Posette's shape is the best   maybe we can try to improve the rest   ...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

Post Re: Nea with more polygons (WIP) *nudity

#9  stahlratte 04 Jun 2005 12:11

Here´s the promised test :

See any difference between NEAs left and right breast ?  

[img:9ceece0fce]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/fairywilde/SubDivTest-01.jpg[/img:9ceece0fce]

No ? GOOD !  

But lets peek under her skin :

[img:9ceece0fce]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/fairywilde/SubDivTest-02.jpg[/img:9ceece0fce]

I exported the chest to Wings3D and carefully subdivided her left breast.
Much to my surprise i did NOT loose the UV info.
Maybe the reason is that I only ADDED polys, and did not remove any original vertex.

Also the bending still works exactly the same like it did before, so it seems the JointParameters don´t depend on polygon count:
[img:9ceece0fce]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/fairywilde/SubDivTest-03.jpg[/img:9ceece0fce]

The original shoulder blends perfectly to the subdivided breast although the polygon count where the parts overlap doesn´t match anymore.

What IS lost is all the morph info, so if one would rework Posette/NEA completely
like this all the morphs have to be recreated from scratch.

Still see a lot of possibilities in this, especially for one off charcters.

stahlratte

stahlratte Gender: Male
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 130
Lemons 139
hearts 0

#10  pangor 04 Jun 2005 13:53

Interesting.  Thanks.