need help with denby...

need help with denby...
Article
Post need help with denby... 

Hi all there,

a few days ago, I downloaded cute denby from zippo´s page
I installed all files correctly, but denby refuses to load. only an error message "caught C interception access...", or similar.
I´m working with old P3, but that shouldn´t be the problem, for even far more complex figures like mayadoll work fine... also all the other zippo(great)stuff do work. I already tested the two versions of denby
anyone´s got an idea???

thank you all

so long

ahjah [ 23 Jun 2003 16:04 ]

need help with denby...
Comments
Mmmmh... I used it with no problem (Poser 4 Pro SP3):
 You can try to load the oby file referred in the cr2 (import>obj)
which is in:

..Runtime/Geometries/zippo/danbie2.obj

and see if it is loaded correctly, The danbie2.obj has a what seems a wrong UV map, I downloaded only the first version. Personally I loaded the obj file with the UVMAPPER, created a new planar uvmap and overwrited the old file because I was not able to give him a skin texture.

I looked in the cr2 and the only "strange" thing is the high number near "actors": for  example:

actor BODY:11

while in other file there's written:

actor BODY:1  or actor BODY:2

maybe p3 doesn't support a so high number (but probably it's not the real reason), if you want try to lower this number for all actors, the file should work anyway (I didn't try, they are too many   )

Mmmh... better, I load it and save the cr2 from scratch and send you the cr2 with a PM, try it... I bet it'll work

Tormie [ 23 Jun 2003 20:08 ]
Hi TORMENTOR,
I´ve tried your cr2 on both .obj, the danbie2 and the danbie3 one, but still the same mess..., I tried everything I know, remapped both .obj myself (yes, I deleted the old .rsr. in Geometries...) no more idea... seems, I have to live without danbie (finally got the spelling right, at least)  
thank you anyway

so long

ahjah [ 25 Jun 2003 05:10 ]
Post Re: need help with denby... 

i think that now you could give Denby another chance  

Tormie [ 22 Jun 2007 14:44 ]

Where is this site and I'll try it. Was a bit curious about the model anyway.

tda42 [ 22 Jun 2007 16:21 ]

I don't remember exactly Kenny, but it didn't work for Andreas 'cause of his version of Poser, now that he has & he can use it  

Tormie [ 22 Jun 2007 17:17 ]

Maybe I downloaded it from laboratory 108

http://lab108.x0.com/lab108/

Ehy there is Danbiena  too      !

http://lab108.x0.com/lab108/character.html

Tormie [ 22 Jun 2007 17:27 ]

Thanks, I forgot about this old topic   
The problem is solved for me
I think the problems I had way back was caused by my old Poser3 german edition. It uses a different char set for the additional characters in my language. This mght have caused the problems with some japanese file
In P6 they work well

ahjah [ 22 Jun 2007 19:49 ]

Today i was caught by the fire to clean the forum so i moved old topic to the right forum and found this one  

Tormie [ 22 Jun 2007 20:25 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 1