Hexigon 2

Page 1 of 1

Post Hexigon 2

#1  tda42 06 May 2006 11:18

I thought I would post this here. I am thinking about
purchasing Hexigon 2 from DAZ but before I do I would like to know a few things about it. For one is the membership price version actually the Full Version and not a Light version of this software. Second has anyone seen a site that used this software and have displayed
just what all the software can do.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  melamkish 06 May 2006 12:12

This is a full software version. There are some really good tutorials on the Eovia website.  They should give you a good idea of the programs capabilities.

Some of the tuts are QT videos, others are pdf.  http://www.eovia3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=157

More information on hex2 features here.http://www.eovia.com/products/hexagon/hexagon2.asp
http://www.eovia.com/products/hexagon/hexagon_gallery.asp

melamkish Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#3  tda42 06 May 2006 18:13

Great. Thank you and two more question. Are there any sites like communities such as our selves with people building models and displaying them? Is Hexigon 2 able to do animation ? After the great bryce sale of 5.01 just before DAZ had 5.5 one thing comes to mind they never fixed the bugs in bryce's Tree Lab and you would have to buy another version like Hexigon 2.5 or something to get you out of the problems 2 shared. History always repeats itself and DAZ is pretty good at it. They don't seem to have updates and fixes like most who sale software products. Give us $1.99 of software and we are the Beta Testers. Thank you for the help clearing all this up melamkish.

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#4  melamkish 06 May 2006 22:49

There are lots of modeling communities, but not sure about Hexagon yet.  I have bookmarked some great modeling sites so will take a look at them.

So far, I have had a few minor crashes, usually internal program errors when I'm trying to figure out how to do something, probably in the wrong order, and also after repeatedly clicking multiple times.  Generally, tho, if I take my time and watch what I'm doing the program seems pretty stable.  

One nice thing is you can set the undo level in the preferences as well as a few other things that are nice.  You have a customizable tool bar that lets you add the selection tools you use most and float it in the workspace.  The side panels are movable and resizable.

I don't recall any animation controls, so don't think so.

V2 was (I hope) all done by the Eovia team since Daz released it immediately after the announcement.  The development team at Eovia went with the deal, so they should hopefully be on for any updates and bug fixes for awhile, anyway.

I'm starting to see the history part everyone has been eluding to.  I see bryce on sale everywhere for dirt cheap.  I hope this doesn't mean the begining of Bryces slide to oblivion because, although I haven't used it a lot, it has some very useful features.

Any more questions just ask and I'll try to find the answers.  Hexagon may not be max or lightwave, but it is pretty easy to get the hang of.

melamkish Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#5  Tormie 06 May 2006 23:03

Tormie will pass the night thinking again   ...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#6  tda42 07 May 2006 01:38

Kenny will pass the night thinking of what maybe Tormie is thinking. Unless Tormie is willing to tell what he is thinking and then we can think no more.       

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910