Subject: Something Weird with Poser 6
I rendered this pic with Poser 4.03

Last edited by JanReinar on 31 May 2006 19:52; edited 1 time in total
Profile PM  
Subject: Re: Something Weird with Poser 6
And this one with Poser 6 P4 Render

Profile PM  
Subject:
Something happens with the water prop trans map effect!

:mmmh: :mmmh: :mmmh: :mmmh:

Profile PM  
Subject:
:mmmh: I think you've used displacement map in the material for the water, try to uncheck the option (use displacement map) in the render setting room. However I think It's linked to the material of the water, try to go to the material room and see, or take a snapshot of it and let we see :)

Poser 6 Firefly Render with displacement map unchecked! :mmmh: :mmmh: :uuh:

Profile PM  
Subject:
:mmmh: :mmmh: :mmmh: :mmmh:

Well something like that happened to me too, I think it's due to the use of a material made for Poser 4 and used in poser6 firefly render, something goes wrong. What I made to fix it: I've choosen another "working" water material, made for Poser 6 and changed the texture maps with the ones of the old one.

What I see there is that the texture map in firefly render looks like you've some "tiled" button checked somewhere or some strange dial moved :mmmh:. I think it's not a Poser 6 behaviour but something with the water material.

Subject:
P.S. I like the babes :heartbeat: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: !!!

Subject:
Thanks Davide! :)

P.S. Be careful with Posy! :uuh:

Profile PM  
Subject:
You are quite welcome! What are you wearing?

Profile PM  
Subject:
:uuh: :uuh: :uuh: ...

ehehe !! let we know about your tries with that water and if you solved the problem :)

pangor
Subject:
Yes, the ladies are nice. :D

It looks like the problem my be caused by the differene in transparency handling between the older Poser 4 and the newer Poser 5+ render engines. Poser 4 compatibility on Poser 5+ may also have the problem because it seems that atleast with Poser 5 it does not have the Poser 5 engine it only has firefly, Poser 4 compatibility is an alternate inteface to the same engine but without all the same features.

With Poser 4 the transparancy settings are max transparancy and min transparancy While with Poser 5 the tranparancy settings are max transparancy and edge transparancy and a balance setting that defaults at .6

What this means for Poser 4 is that: Max controls how transparent the white on the transmap will be. min controls how transparent black one the transmap will be.

What this means for Poser 5 is that: Max controls how transparent the white on the transmap will be when the facet normal points at the camera. Edge controls how transparent the white on the transmaps will be when the facter normal point at 90 degrees or more away from the camera. The thirds setting controls how much the edge setting or the max setting will be used for any facets normals that point somewhere in between the to extremes.

Try this John: check Normals_forward (the lower option in the Poser surface main node just up the preview)in your water surface, and use firefly renderer. Or try to render using P4 renderer cheking ignore shader trees in the P4 renderer options tab.
Hope been helpful. :)

pangor
Subject:
Thanks, Rayera, that is interesting. The last three options on the root node are new for Poser 6, including the normals forward. The Ignore shader tree option has not been too useful for me (with Poser 5), perhaps with Poser 6 is it more useful.

Subject:
Pangor I think it could work since It corrected some problems with trans lashes when I upgraded from P4 to P5 and didn't like the then "new" node system, now I love it and use allmost firefly only.
The shadow catch only tourn the surface invisible and able to recive shadow at the same time, is the defoult seting for the floor in P6, very useful to blend renders with real photograph and replace real objects or people with fakes ones and yet have the shadow on it, the toonID, I don't know, I hasn't try it yet I dont use much toon renders, (if it is about toon :mmmh: ), I shouls look at the user guide... and the normal forward correct some problems with the normals of some models specially when using IBLs, ambient oclussion, or some displacements, I've seen this problem like strange paterns like the one on the water in the 3rd Johns picture.

Subject:
Is the defoult seting for the floor in P6ok very useful to blend renders with real photograph and replace real objects or people with fakes ones and yet have the shadow on itok the toonIDok he or she will not knowok he or she can not try it yet he or she they are use much toon rendersok if it is about toon smile ok he or she shouls look at the user guide also shadow catch only tourn the surface invisible and able to recive shadow at the same timeok?

Profile PM  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2