Article
Post Re: It's Alive. Alive! 

Yeah! Groucho, it looks wonderful  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :thumb:

Tormie [ 24 Apr 2007 12:10 ]

It's Alive. Alive!
Comments

I agree this is looking really good.
I haven't done much "Retro Future" Sci Fi; but this is kind of inspiring.

(:

Whazizname [ 24 Apr 2007 13:02 ]

Okay, the gantry is now pretty much complete in terms of mesh.  Decided to use a ramp and not stairs for A) a more streamlined look and B) I figure - by going on past movies - that there probably at least one wheelchair-bound mad scientist out there somewhere (Strangelove comes to mind...)

There are minor issues with surfaces on the ramp, due to my slightly lazy extrusion technique to make the ramp, but that is easily fixed with surface groups.

I'm figuring for the room itself that (because it is vaguely circular) that maybe it's in the hollowed out core of an extinct volcano? Also, by making the upper wall of the volcano fit fairly snuggly to the circumference of the gantry, I won't need to model the outer guard rail!

Anyhoo... work will be started on the lower level machinery, floor, and other large bits.

I'm half-tempted to convert what I've done so far to an .OBJ file and post it for importing so you can get a rough idea about scaling and possible scene blocking. Any takers?

GrouchoC.

GrouchoCaesar [ 24 Apr 2007 23:41 ]
Will making the upper wall of the volcano fit fairly snuggly to the circumference of the gantry I will not need to model the outer guard rail accomplish your objective?

Posy [ 24 Apr 2007 23:41 ]

I hope so, Posy.  But it may take many years, and cost millions of lives. What we need is a really senseless act on somebody's part. And I think we are just the ones to do it...

GrouchoCaesar [ 24 Apr 2007 23:45 ]
And.  Then again, it may not.

Posy [ 24 Apr 2007 23:45 ]

Posy wants to help  :heartbeat: !

Tormie [ 25 Apr 2007 14:48 ]
I haven't heard anything like that before:   Tormie said I wants to help heartbeat.

Posy [ 25 Apr 2007 14:48 ]

:heartbeat:  :heartbeat:  :heartbeat:

Tormie [ 25 Apr 2007 14:48 ]

The Lab of Tomorrow is (sort-of) here.

I decided to redo the whole thing because the polygon count was getting way too high. (Translation - I was very lazy and took too many shortcuts!)

Luckily, it took less than a day, and came out quite good - what I've done so far, anyway. So I've imported it into Poser and made the whole thing a prop.

The test version (see picture below) is now available for the brave to download.

Note that it is still very early days.  No texturing has been applied - although the object has groups for all its surfaces so it would be comparitively easy to add textures.

Have a play with it and tell me what you think, and what caould be added to it.

GrouchoC.

GrouchoCaesar [ 28 Apr 2007 10:56 ]

:dance: Looks good from the preview. I'll try it. Thanks a lot :thumb:  :clap:  :clap:

ahjah [ 28 Apr 2007 11:48 ]

I think this is really cool. I have an idea. Why don't you put something over the top of the tube she is in like
a thing on Fantastic Voyage. Or a light ring like the Jupiter 2 on the bottom of the ship? It needs something to go over the platform above the tube. Just looking at it but what I see. Well you sure have got it going on. Great job. :thumb:

tda42 [ 28 Apr 2007 11:54 ]

Looking Good GC!
I'll too will try out a few textures on it and let you know.

(:

Whazizname [ 28 Apr 2007 15:20 ]

I sent you PM Groucho C.

(:

Whazizname [ 28 Apr 2007 17:22 ]

:thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:

I'll look at Futura's package tonight and she will hopefully ready in few hours  :grin: . I'll finish the work after fixing the damn broken PC of my bro :doh:

Tormie [ 28 Apr 2007 17:26 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 2 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next