Comments
Post Re: It's Alive. Alive! 

That is so sweet!

tda42 [ 28 Apr 2007 17:33 ]

My turn!

Last edited by tda42 on 29 Apr 2007 03:55; edited 1 time in total 
 tda42 [ 28 Apr 2007 18:35 ]
Have you told many people that your turn?

Posy [ 28 Apr 2007 18:35 ]

First of all thank you all for the kind comments.... gosh.  It's only a little prop (and my first attempt at making one for Poser) but I am glad you like it.

Some insight into why I designed it the way I did.  There is nothing over the chamber for a reason: The spheres on those [large-bottomed] pylons are to discharge a couple million volts of electricity into the little sphere on top of the chamber. (Good for nice stark flashing lights for dramatic effect!  Though I am wondering how to portray the lightning sparks....)  Therefore I wanted nothing to get in the way of the drama of that.  Also, I am going to model the outer room being inside a volcano vent (with wild walls to allow long-shot camera angles).

However, an upper gantry could easily be arranged, with a crane device allowing more equipment to be lowered over the chamber if so required.

As for lights and such, there is a plan to make a few devices to position around the outer edge of the gantry ring, each one with a different 'mad-scientist' electrical or pulsing lights - purely for effect.

The generators are (obviously) in very rough form, and mark the start of my lower level laborotory modelling.  Unlike the gantry and chamber, I want the lower level to be asymmetrical and relatively cluttered, to re-inforce the notion of that from chaos comes order (or beauty).

In the finished model, all parts of the laborotory will be properly separated components for ease of posing.

Now, as Wazizname rightfully pointed out to me, there are a few texturing issues.  I am aware of them, and will address them in the final model as soon as I figure out how!  There will be more material zones added, that much is certain.

Anyway, as I said, thank you for your comments and suggestions, they are appreciated and will be taken on board.  I'll keep plugging away until I've finished my contribution.

I've spent since November downloading freebies.  It's about time I started putting something back into the community.  This is a small start - I have other ideas as well.

And finally, a large thank-you to our esteemed creator of Futura... the inspiration for all this in the first place.

GrouchoC.

GrouchoCaesar [ 28 Apr 2007 21:58 ]

Please avoid to post image linked to other sites, they uses to disappear and we don't leech, please use the usual attachment button

I'm working on Futura but some fixes are needed to the package, I've contacted Kenny and I hope all will be out soon  

Tormie [ 28 Apr 2007 23:26 ]

Sorry about the delay in finishing the Lab Of Tomorrow, but I've had a painfully busy week and have barely touched the computer at all.  I've got a couple of free days on the weekend and I'm looking forward to puttering around in Poser then.

GrouchoCaesar [ 03 May 2007 20:59 ]

No problems Groucho   , Kenny is still working with Futura and I'm helping him with some problems fixes  

Tormie [ 03 May 2007 21:14 ]

Future projects...

ahjah [ 03 May 2007 22:13 ]

Care to make a battery charger for Futura Andreas?

tda42 [ 04 May 2007 20:56 ]

where's the socket...?

ahjah [ 04 May 2007 21:55 ]

Posy [ 04 May 2007 21:57 ]

Tormie [ 05 May 2007 05:01 ]

>SLAP!!!<

Posy [ 05 May 2007 05:03 ]