Disappeared?! In A Blink?!

Page 1 of 1

Post Disappeared?! In A Blink?!

#1  hanzoushinrei 30 Aug 2007 07:00

You guys have to help meeee~

I've installed the latest driver for my grafx card...Inno3d...so I could make more beautiful renders.

But, when I open Poser, this happens:-

firstly, I loaded Posette, rendered it like normal, and when I try exporting the render's image...the whole program disappears and what I see is my desktop! Blink! just like that! (A dozen of times)

when I go to the texture room, and try to browse for a texture...the whole program disappears and what I see is my desktop! (Huh?!! I said.)

And when I try to load 'heavy' figures or props (such as Sara, V3, and my very HUGE sword model)...the whole program disappears and what I see is my desktop!

Aaaaargh! This is driving me crazy y'all! I tried to getaround this by re-installing Poser, but it still happens! Checked all background programs....none of the matter (even shut down everything leaving only explorer)...trying 'safe mode', resetting the render setting, setting nView, compatibility for Win2000....still it doesn't work!!!!

my PC used to have no grafx card (on board video driver) but none of the above happened. Now this? My computer club president friend said that maybe my motherboard became too hot when handling Poser's rendering process (yes, mine's CPU reached 60 degrees celsius, and sometimes higher).

ohhh...I'm alone in this abyss...I want to play with Posy again...please help me...I beg to you all...

blank.gif hanzoushinrei Gender: Male
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 650
Lemons 741
hearts 5

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  Posy 30 Aug 2007 07:01

Let us try to break it down into parts. What? . . . Some of them  could be though. How is  still it broken? Why now? This is " ". I like computers.  Are you lonely? Once more? Tell me the rules.  Wow you are very polite.   How can I help you? Please don't grovel.

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

Post Re: Disappeared?! In A Blink?!

#3  tda42 30 Aug 2007 08:53

I have had problems but with Poser 5. The only time I have ever had a problem with the whole software disappearing like that was with curtain dynamic hair problems. Also at one time the Aiko 3 seemed to have some problems with Poser. What version of Poser do you have? I would think about starting from the beginning. Why was the reason for installing a new driver? If the old one seemed like it was working.  I would say it was the VGA driver that got you into this bit of a mess. You will have to go into your systems file in C: drive and remove the drivers that you have installed. Then go into your control panel to get into the systems to remove the  display adapter's drivers.
Have your new hardware locate it and then reinstall the old ones until you get something that is more compatible. You might want to step the graphics card to a different resolution to help resolve your problem. But the best choice is to completely remove the new driver and simply put back in the old one. You might need to stack your memory as much as it will hold. Even at best with this new driver, back off the clock speed on the possessor and see if that won't help. Adding a bigger volume fan to the possessor might help to cool it down. But in all it is probably the device driver that started this. Try loading your characters without textures, hair and shadows to see if it will render. Sometimes even ray tracing does weird things to the system. But as for the disappearing of Poser from the desk top I don't think it is an over heated possessor or it would have completely shut down windows all together.   I hope maybe this helps you. Let me know if I can help with more information. Good luck to you.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#4  Tormie 30 Aug 2007 12:12

Hi Hanz, first to say is that you won't make more beautiful render with a different graphic card, the render engine is not affected by the card'd performance, you'll see some difference in the preview window. Presuming that you've Poser 7 you can go to render/setting/preview room and make some changes. I think that you should begin with Opengl and Software disabling hardware shading and see what happens. From here you can chabge things there and see what happens. Poser 7 disappearing all of a sudden is something happening to me too . You should even appà²y the last patch to the program, The last one I applied is SR 2.1 . If nothing works you should swap the card, I don't know what is in your country but here you've 8 days and you can change things like a graphic cards with a refund (or choose another) before having to send it to assistance.

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#5  Posy 30 Aug 2007 12:12

Who or what is here you can chabge things there and see what happens?

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99