Posette Catsuit Remapping WIP

Article
Post Posette Catsuit Remapping WIP 

Not exactly remapping it, only adding several material zones to de default map. As you can see, I still need to work a bit in several material zones edges.

A_C_C [ 03 Nov 2007 19:29 ]

Comments
Post Re: Posette Catsuit Remapping WIP 

Good work   ! And Welcom Back A_C_C   !

Tormie [ 03 Nov 2007 21:17 ]

This will certainly come in handy. Thanks A_C_C!

Whazizname [ 03 Nov 2007 23:30 ]

... Yes, still some work left in the hip/buttocks area and where the shoulder blades meet the collars. But the rest looks good so far and makes sense    . Looking forward to the result .
What programs are u using for this job?

ahjah [ 04 Nov 2007 04:30 ]

Anim8or for adding some edges where I can't find a clean cut and UVMapper. I kept working and now it looks like somewhat better

A_C_C [ 04 Nov 2007 18:20 ]

I made a similar job on old P3 Posette years ago using UV Mapper standard only. I added- I don't remember- ~>50 material zones with the result, that it kept crashing my Poser . It took me about two days of blood, sweat and tears, so I know, what you're going thru
I managed to make only one pic with her. Somewhere way back in our galleries.
"Tryptichon for a Goddess on Rollerblades" http://www.posetteforever.com/album...=296&user_id=78

ahjah [ 04 Nov 2007 19:00 ]

hmm.......it has the potential for spawning new clothes for Posy....I've been texturing the Catsuit for, like, 2 years now and I really appreciate what ur doing A C C

hanzoushinrei [ 05 Nov 2007 00:23 ]

Great job!              

JanReinar [ 05 Nov 2007 02:13 ]

Very cool image there Ahjah; Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

Whazizname [ 05 Nov 2007 13:15 ]

A pretty image, Ahjah! (50 material zones! Ouch!)

Well, I accidentally deleted the remapped catsuit (and almost all of the backups), and I had to start almost from the beginning.

A_C_C [ 05 Nov 2007 18:33 ]

ops...  

Tormie [ 05 Nov 2007 21:56 ]

Well, at least I'm now in the way to resolve the last problems. I am using now Wings3d for editing the mesh, and the results are quite good, although I would have preferred a better OBJ export.

A_C_C [ 06 Nov 2007 19:00 ]

This is the final version of the Remapped Catsuit. Now a question for the guys (and girls) here: should I release a "bare bones" version of the RC or one with morphs, MATs, textures and transparency maps?

A_C_C [ 07 Nov 2007 19:33 ]

A_C_C wrote: [View Post]
This is the final version of the Remapped Catsuit. Now a question for the guys (and girls) here: should I release a "bare bones" version of the RC or one with morphs, MATs, textures and transparency maps?

My opinion is: morphs would be a useful inclusion (since I haven't become comfortable creating & adding my own yet); but as long as the mapping is clear and intuitive (and it appears that it is...) I'll create my own textures & transparencies.

Whazizname [ 09 Nov 2007 03:00 ]

Looks pretty good now. I personally would prefer a light version without any morphs. I'd need to do custom stuff for my bodymorphs, anyway . Some basic MAT poses for color and trans setting with some sense would be nice ( i.e. leggins, bathing suit...). And don't forget to encode the obj file with the original one using RTE encoder or objaction mover to avoid copyright problems.
Looking forward to try it

ahjah [ 09 Nov 2007 03:34 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next