Adolescent Posette Again...

Page 1 of 1

Post Adolescent Posette Again...

#1  Nik 09 Jan 2008 17:28

Um, down-sizing Posette to 'gamin' has the unfortunate side-effect of making most conforming clothes a ghastly fit in P4...

P4Rei from Renderosity, Jenne from here etc share the problem, everything seems to snarl up...

So, is this because Posette's freebie clothes generally have only the most basic morphs & joint parameters ? Or is the P4 figure scaler 'just plain wrong' ?

D'uh, if I load another 'conforming' garment for Posette that works by making body-parts invisible, I will *scream*...

uk.png Nik Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Warnings: 1 
Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Adolescent Posette Again...

#2  Whazizname 09 Jan 2008 18:26

usa.png Whazizname Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 5290
Lemons 3860
hearts 101

Post Thanks !!

#3  Nik 09 Jan 2008 19:01

Um, I've learned to expect cryptic replies from Posy, but that really has me baffled...

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

#4  Posy 09 Jan 2008 19:01

Er, Does everyone learn to expect cryptic replies from you but that really has him or her baffled?

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#5  Nik 09 Jan 2008 19:05

Quite !!

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

#6  Tormie 09 Jan 2008 20:09

If my bad english have made me read right, you've problems with scaling the clothes to the new dimensions of the character. I never had problems doing it, just scale the character's body, conform the dress, go to the dress body and apply the same scaling of the character. If you scaled different parts of the character, for example the abdomen, do the same with the dress...

About how the dress "works" on the character, for example the way it bends when you pose the character, I've seen only few dresses that bends correctly, not only for Posettes but even for the newest characters and packages. This is because the dress maker can't copy the "technology" for copyright reason, or the way the character bends their part so you will see for sure the dress not bending perfectly. So you can find a perfect dress for Posette, but it's more difficult to find a perfect dress for a commercial character. This is why I tend to use the dynamic dress method, sometimes a dress born to be conformed doesn't fit well, but I transform it in an object and use it as a dynamic dress, at least for the final pose...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Adolescent Posette Nik The Posette Playground 0 30 Dec 2007 14:25 View latest post
Nik
No new posts Lex and Isa for Posette ahjah The Posette Playground 4 02 Sep 2007 02:44 View latest post
tda42
No new posts Posette and more ahjah The Posette Playground 35 25 Jun 2012 15:57 View latest post
Chromium
No new posts Posette.com Tormie Whip The Admins... 59 13 Feb 2005 00:35 View latest post
Tormie
No new posts Posette FBM WIP ahjah The Posette Playground 12 17 Feb 2011 19:13 View latest post
ahjah

Page 1 of 1