Subject: Backgrounds
How about, here, we discuss on how to make backgrounds/sets in 3d for Posy to pose in.

I am tired of using photoshop to paste backgrounds behind Posy...

Subject:
Maybe you should get some sleep now, hanzoushinrei.

Profile PM  
Subject: Re: Backgrounds
Interesting idea...

I've found that a quick, easy and flexible background can be created by putting slightly modified Poser primitives into your scene. They are really a replacement for 'modeled sets'; but with the right textures & lighting, they work very well.

For example:
If you'd like a window behind to cast shadows (and for some reason don't want to use one of the many great freebies available), you add a few cubes; scale them to make the frame (and cross-pieces too, if needed); then add a plane (square) behind them for glass. Chose your favorite texture images, or shader node set-ups; and presto: new window prop background.

(:

Profile PM  
Sounds Like a good Idea! hanzoushinrei
:thumb:
I'm working on one right now. :pray:
I've been using alot of props and lights to get the feel I'm looking for.
And the scene is pretty simple, two people setting at a table..
And the best part is everything's done right in Poser.......(That's what I want !) :yeah: :dance:

I have been using the Cly background from Daz. and adding a pic.... That's pretty cool and simple to use... give it a try if you haven't already
- Happy Posing

Profile PM  
for a background, the things I consider

-looks realistic
-suits the situation/story told
-does not have too many polys/ does not hog a lot of RAM.

the easiest background I made was with Rhino3d.

Using backgrounds as in 3D with the 3D glasses, or using 2D pictures made by Poser or some other 3D software? Or models of your own to trade with in the Poser community? :D

Kenny asks to many questions. :redface:

Profile PM  
Would have asked the same questions, kenny!!

I usually render the background separate from the model

Profile PM  
tda42 wrote: [View Post]
Using backgrounds as in 3D with the 3D glasses, or using 2D pictures made by Poser or some other 3D software? Or models of your own to trade with in the Poser community? :D

Kenny asks to many questions. :redface:

the last one....

I dislike pre rendering 3d baackgrounds and then using photoshop to paste it with the subject/model...

Sounds like a plan to me. So when do we start and how do we all want to do this. :thumb:

Profile PM  
Subject:
I am totally random.......I just pop a picture inside rhino3d's terrain generator and voila! Instant desert/grassfield!

I think we need to think of themes, first.

suggestion

-sci fi exterior
-urban exterior
-photoshoot drapes (I already have that)
-some kind of pantheon/elaborate stage to pose in

Page 1 of 1