"Lickitung's Foils And Folleys!" Or "Some Problems Newbs/Pros Can Have From Time To Time"

Page 1 of 1

Post "Lickitung's Foils And Folleys!" Or "Some Problems Newbs/Pros Can Have From Time To Time"

#1  Lickitung 19 Feb 2010 07:30

Okay, so I previously joked about making this thread, may as well now i have another difficulty.

TODAY'S PROBLEM:

Since DAZ made thier base money makers free, I decided to revisit some of my older figures from a few months ago and update them, Vicki style.  But I've come across a problem  

I've tried using Insomniawork's genital for Victoria 3.  Piece of   in my humble opinion.  Tho I will mention that the morph that molds the genital area to accept the prop attatchment does make for a nice look.  First part of our problem is that this morph is for some reason an unlisted morph and the thing did not come with a removal pose to delete it.

How this becomes a problem is stacking more morphs onto the hip for muscular definement and such and I'm left with either a bunch of morphs that I need to keep track of, or I condense them down to one morph.  Which brings us to the next part of the problem.  Cause that genital morph is hidden, i can't zero value it and it stacks with my condensed morph and starts looking rather strange.

Why don't I use Morph Manager? Funny you should ask  

Morph Manager lists not only the morphs i have Injected on Vicky, but also every other morph that I have available for her in my Poser library whether they're injected or not.  And here's the road block for me, attempting to remove a morph from either the cr2 or pz3 causes my morph manager to crash.

Is morph manager not compatible with Victoria 3?  Is there a way i can unhide the genital morph so I can at least zero it out?

Lickitung 
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 640
Lemons 108
hearts 45

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: "Lickitung's Foils And Folleys!" Or "Some Problems Newbs/Pros Can Have From Time To Time"

#2  ahjah 19 Feb 2010 15:03

Hi Lickitung

I actually didn't work with V3 at all (only with the RR version) . I used MorphManager with Aiko3 without problems
About unhiding the dials yo could allways edit the file manually but for V3 you'll need a very good text editor for that (notepad won't do )
The more comfotable way is using Python scripts as "UnhideParms" on http://ockhamsbungalow.com/Python/ and "UnHide Dials" on http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=poserpython

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

Post Re: "Lickitung's Foils And Folleys!" Or "Some Problems Newbs/Pros Can Have From Time To Time"

#3  Lickitung 20 Feb 2010 00:51

Well, I gave it another go.. Morph manager seems to be crashing on the custom head morph as I try to export it to obj.  It's done others alright.  I'd really like to save the morphs I've done seperately on obj, in case anything should ever happen to the figure's cr2.

Lickitung 
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 640
Lemons 108
hearts 45

#4  ahjah 20 Feb 2010 01:09

... you can always export the morphed bodypart as morph target directly out of Poser
->export->obj->select bodypart->"as morph target", uncheck all other options

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#5  Lickitung 20 Feb 2010 02:05

Oooooo, shiny  

I thank you  

Lickitung 
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 640
Lemons 108
hearts 45

#6  Lickitung 20 Feb 2010 20:13

Ok, the previously linked 'unhide dials' python script helped greatly and exporting body parts as morph targets helps as well... however, now there's a new problem.  

My new problem lies with the resulting morph targets on the arms.  In testing my saved Morphs, it appears that something in the arms is not translating properly in the creation of the morph or something.  Her shoulder segments always come out looking very strange... That's about the best adjective I can put to it.  Description wise, the shoulder segment isn't meshing to the collar or forearm properly and the whole thing looks a bit twisted.

I tried simply recreating the segment using the exact same original morphs that I used on the original model, but while this fixed the 'twisted' look, the shoulder overlaps the forearm's morphs and doesn't quite move up to meet the collar.

Anyone got experience with Victoria 3 and the morphs for her?

*edit* A bit more experimentation has led me to think that "partial body morphs" are where my problem is.  I've got a 'Muscularity' full body morph that I've tweaked on the individual scale rather than full body and I'm using a 'Heavy Arms' partial body morph to help add bulk.

Last edited by Lickitung on 20 Feb 2010 20:52; edited 1 time in total 
 Lickitung 
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 640
Lemons 108
hearts 45

#7  ahjah 20 Feb 2010 22:10

a screenshot might help anlyzing the problem

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#8  Tormie 20 Feb 2010 23:37

Thanks to Andreas for the great link , we should revise our sticky topics to add some useful links like that (if someone wants to volunteer ... )

Anyway, Daz figures are made in order to hide whatever is possible to hide and also to make it difficult to export something. I'm not using very much them, it only means that I work hard only on Posette on this kind of advanced techniques so I'm of little help, I can only remember that there was a workaround script to make the figures backward compatible to the applications like morphmanager or cr2 editor. As Andreas pointed out, hidden or not, you apply the morph, and only that morph and export the part as an obj, morph target: if it applies to more zones, export each zone, than restart with a "fresh" figures, import the morphs, set the dial to "1" and create a body morph, then you can set them back to "0" and use the body morph instead, it's the workaround I would use, it's more bruteforce than elegant but it should work

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#9  Lickitung 21 Feb 2010 03:22

Ok, here's a composite of what I've got so far:

First up, I've overlaid the original, cluttered figure with a fresh V3 with only the exported morphs.  I did this so you can see how the exported morphs differ from the original figure.  The 'dusted' look of the figure are areas where both figures are basically the same and you can see where the exported morphs differ from the figure.

I've circled areas of concern for me cause these are very apparent in some poses, if I rotate the shoulder, it becomes even more apparent.  You can see spot where the sections meet and suddenly cut off; as well as the areas near the elbows where the forearm and shoulder differ.  The shoulder seems to jut out away from the elbow.

Thanks for the idea and input Tormie, I think I may just resort to that if need be, tho it's gonna take a good few hours of tedium...   I think you're right tho about DAZ's methods of anti morph porting.  Tho, how do people make custom figures then and put them out for download?  If i could do something like that, maybe...  

Lickitung 
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 640
Lemons 108
hearts 45

#10  ahjah 21 Feb 2010 04:25

Quote:
Tho, how do people make custom figures then and put them out for download?  If i could do something like that, maybe...

For this job, you can buy expensive tools for creating injection data over at DAZ

Looks like a problem with the ERC channels implied on the factory morps, that are not working on the custom morphs.
It should be possible to copy the relating parameters from an unmodified character to the custom character and modify them (using a text editor or a  cr2 editor capable of handeling such big files) As I don't have experience with V3, don't ask me 'bout this. This is very advanced character hacking...

... one reason we love Posette so much

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#11  Tormie 21 Feb 2010 09:18

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#12  Lickitung 21 Feb 2010 19:46

Okay then, thanks for the help all.

Since this particular situation seems to be a DAZ specific one, I've taken it to DAZ forums and I'll post the link here for prosperity if anyone wants to continue to follow it.  If I post here again, it'll be a new problem :P

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=2216449#2216449

Lickitung 
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 640
Lemons 108
hearts 45

#13  ahjah 21 Feb 2010 20:07

As I thought, the first advice you get is to BUY a product

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#14  Tormie 22 Feb 2010 02:27

... Anyway Lickitung, you don't cause problems at all , we like to talk of Poser, in case of commercial product only few here are expert enough to give you a qualified answer, in any case, if you want to do the job for free I think that the hints given here are what you need to know

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#15  Lickitung 02 Mar 2010 04:32

Thanks guys, I know I wasn't causing a problem, was just checking to see if an easier solution would present itself.  I decided to purchase the product they mentioned cause it was just 3 bucks, haven't tested it or anything tho cause I've been busy of late.. got so much growing on my plate! :o

Lickitung 
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 640
Lemons 108
hearts 45

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL