A new sub forum has been created

Article
Post A new sub forum has been created 

We have created a new subforum in the Toy Box.  The purpose is to provide an easy way to find the free programs and utilities that are related to our passion.

I've started a sticky similar to our resources links and will continue to work on it as suggestions come in.

I will keep the version numbers up to date so you can tell at a glance if you have the most current version.

Remember, we are interested in the freebies out there. Links to a commercial site is acceptable if there is a free demo version that may interest someone here.

melamkish [ 04 Mar 2006 14:39 ]

Comments
Great idea!   

ahjah [ 04 Mar 2006 18:10 ]
Thank you melamkish !

Tormie [ 04 Mar 2006 19:21 ]
By the way, it doesn't matter if you put the program or utility informations in this forum or the Interesting Links forum.  Our new forum is prefered, but it would probably fit in either. This sub forum is merely a way to help keep this sorted out and easy to find.

melamkish [ 05 Mar 2006 02:20 ]
Nice idea. Thanks  

Ozymandias Jones [ 06 Mar 2006 23:23 ]
I like this.  One suggestion about demos, if they are older versions of the commerical software, fine.  If the Demo is limited or crippled please note that in its listing, if it is too crippled, then it would be a problem for being little more than an advertisement of the commercial product.

A program like terragen is fine.  The free version well functional though limited.  The limits are the size that you can render to, and some of the more advanced scene and render settings.  Also, you can post the resulting image from the free version or share for backgrounds as I have done, but you can not use the freeversion in any commercial way.  For any commercial use you need to have the registered version.

If the demo is has the saving of results disabled, or if it is rendering software that will add comments to the resulting image or has a time limited demo period.  Then that demo is a problem.

pangor [ 17 Mar 2006 19:32 ]
Great idea!      

JanReinar [ 17 Mar 2006 19:49 ]
Post Re: A new sub forum has been created 

Because the forum was discontinued I merged it with "3D nightmares" to avoid confusion. Melamkish is no more supporting it, I hope you will help me to keep the lists alive

Tormie [ 22 Jun 2007 23:25 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 1