We have a new database !

We have a new database !
Article
Post We have a new database ! 

Today I received an email form our hosting company (Godaddy.com) support service sayng me that they have moved our database on a new superfast server   ! After weeks of teasing them we obtained better performance for pur little place, so I hope that the usual "downtimes" will not be so frequesnt in the future. I just updated the database, but if you see soemthing strange like missing comments please tell it to me...

A little explanation: The database is the part of the site which contains all the data, like the comments, the users's data and so on, the graphic layout of the site is a "mask" which shows these data. On this host the database is in a different place from the files of the site (the files of the site are things like the picture you uploaded in the album and the html pages).

Tormie [ 01 Feb 2005 13:59 ]

We have a new database !
Comments
I have noticed the speed increase this morning.   Now it seems that bandwidth of my ppp connection is the limiting factor.    

Pangor

pangor [ 01 Feb 2005 18:37 ]
Oh yes ! It seems to work better for real   !! I receive the data like a rocket here in Italy !!!

(Lol, Posetteoforever is in the States because I don't trust too much italian hosting companies   )

Tormie [ 01 Feb 2005 21:52 ]
   While Posetteforever may be in the U.S., Please tell me that Posy is over there with you.  I would not like to think that you two are divided by a whole ocean.  

Pangor

pangor [ 01 Feb 2005 22:28 ]
I'm here with Tormi every time ! It couldn't be different        !

Posy [ 01 Feb 2005 22:34 ]

Tormie [ 01 Feb 2005 22:34 ]
That is good to hear, Posy.

Pangor

pangor [ 01 Feb 2005 23:30 ]
The new server is doing a very good work!  

JanReinar [ 02 Feb 2005 13:01 ]
Post Re: We Have A New Database ! 

Very nice...

Thanks

manuelchocano [ 15 Apr 2012 03:42 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 1