New categories for the album ??

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post New categories for the album ??

#1  Tormie 01 Feb 2005 20:58

Hi friends, can you help me ? I want to add some new categories for the album but I've only little ideas, like to add again the "photos from real life section", so If you have more ideas tell them to me !

The album can have subcategories, for example a main "Houses" category can have "windows", "doors", "rooms" subcategories

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: New categories for the album ??

#2  pangor 01 Feb 2005 21:36

Rather than a sugestion of catagories to add, how about catagories to not add?

I don't like software based catagories, because it is when two or more programs were important tools used to create an image, the descision of which catagory to upload the image into can become a problem with non-artistic reasoning required for the solutions.  

Considering the first three pictures that I uploaded to the album.  The second two were composed and rendered in Poser, so they would fit in a Poser catagory.  While the first picture is clearly related with those two, much of it was prepared in Poser; modeling was done with TrueSpace; with lighting, final texturing, final composition and rendering in bryce.  I would classify it as a bryce work but doing splits the series into sepperate catagories.

There is a series of renders for which I am so far just doing the early planning and concept work.  Taken together, that series will tell a story (I am still fleshing that out as well).  Some of the images will be rendered in bryce with support from Poser and TrueSpace, or perhaps rendered in POV-Ray with support from bryce, Poser, and TrueSpace.  Other images in the series will be rendered in TrueSpace, with support from bryce and maybe Poser.

Now for some catagory suggestions.

1.  Photographs

2.  2D (for artwork created with painting programs alone).

3.  Series (this catagory could be composed of subcatagories one for each series).

4.  WIP (A place for us to show our works in process and seek assistance and feedback for improving the work, such the thread where I post the WIP of my Regina character.  In this catagory nothing would be considered a permanent posting.  Images could be replaced by newer versions that are still a WIP and could be deleted once the work is completed or abandoned.).

Pangor

pangor 

#3  Tormie 01 Feb 2005 21:44

Good ideas pangor, I'll make the asap...

Anyway, help me more, I need:
- Category name
- Category description

Because usually I make a mess with english...

(Pssht...        And if you see something wrong in my descriptions around the site please tell me in a PM        )

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#4  guiltypleasures 01 Feb 2005 23:02

How about a catagory for members who wish to post a picture of them selves and comments about who they are or something like that. I know Kenny was trying to get people to post pictures of themselves before and if we had a special catagory for it it would be easier to look for. Only a suggestion, might not be enough people that want their mug shots on line lol

blank.gif guiltypleasures Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 18231
Lemons 14731
hearts 187

#5  pangor 01 Feb 2005 23:23

Sure, no problem.

For the ones I suggested above.

I have seen that you have the catagory named "Photos from real life !".   I take it that would for snapshots style photos, such as "Everyone get together for the picture".

The first suggestion I mentions would ber for the more artistic phototgraph, such as portraits or the kind that someone has to wait for the light to be just right for.

Name: "Photographic Art"
Description:  "An album of our photographic portraits, landscapes, etc".

Name: "Paintings"
Description:  "An album for our computer paintings  created using programs such as photoshop, gimp, and Paintshop".

Name: "Series"
Descriptions: "Albums of stories, comics, and serials".

A note on this one, not long ago I saw some renders posted that were formatted like a comic book.  If there are more than one such image for a story, either as multiple pages of a comic book or like a series of comics like in the daily newspaper then those works would be placed in a subcatagory of its own in this catagory.  Also over in a.b.3.p and a.b.3.b there are a couple of perfect examples of the kind of work that would deserver their own subcatagory.  One being the [i:1c40c8d854]CounterPoint Singularities[/i:1c40c8d854] series by brewvet.  Another one being the ongoing adventures of Mace and Chia in the [i:1c40c8d854]Messiah series[/i:1c40c8d854] by wolfman.

Name: Works in Process
Description: A place to show our works in process and seek assistance and feedback for improving them.

A note on this one,  At first WIP use to be an abreviation for "Work In Process", however, over time it has become "Work In Progress".  In my studies within the more formal fields, I have still seen it is most often used as "Work In Process".  I am not sure which to recommend using here, the more precise "Process" or the more common "Progress".

By the way, I like your idea of seasonal theme based albums like the Valentine's album.

Pangor

pangor 

#6  Nex 02 Feb 2005 08:18

A "schicken" gallery would be nice.

us.png Nex Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1940
Lemons 1244
hearts 110

#7  Tormie 02 Feb 2005 13:02

I'll make all the suggestions after my little (till night...) afternnon rest . No problem if there are not enough people: we make it and the time will tell...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#8  Landman 02 Feb 2005 15:55

How about moving the interview category into there, and submit a photo, or some artwork along with the interview?

Just a thought....

My grey matter is turning white, my proof is my grey hair....

Landman Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 9180
Lemons 5100
hearts 0

#9  pangor 02 Feb 2005 16:39

I like landman's idea about the interviews.

Pangor

pangor 

#10  tda42 02 Feb 2005 17:10

I had that going for awhile when the interview started and it slowly died down. I wish it came back but it depends on the artist wanting to be seen.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#11  pangor 02 Feb 2005 17:58

Photos if they want to.  Or if they prefer, one of their artworks that is typical of their style would be nice.

Pangor

pangor 

#12  Tormie 02 Feb 2005 18:48

It can be done even with the "normal" version. Usually I leave the interview in the "posetteforever diary" forum, then (after a month or two... >sigh< ) I put a copy in the "Diary" of the site. I can do the same putting a copy in the Album...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#13  Tormie 02 Feb 2005 22:22

I've added the category that you requested friends... Now, go and fill them !! Lol..

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#14  Nex 03 Feb 2005 07:25

I`m very camera shy....and I really don`t photograph well.     

us.png Nex Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1940
Lemons 1244
hearts 110

#15  Poserkatz 03 Feb 2005 11:41

One suggestion to the interviews:
Everyone has a personal album in the gallery. If someone browse through
a personal gallery of one of the artists here, than i think, it would be great,
to place a link to the interview in the first site/Top or so in his/her personal
gallery - so visitors can watch the pics AND can directly go to an interview,
if they want to learn more.

Just an idea...

The categories so far are very nice - i like it, that photos of family, friends and
pets and so on not more posted in the normal album.  

The category for: Poser/bryce/C4D and so on to me it's problematical, because
i often do postwork, sometimes i render in other prgs than Poser (rarely but...)
and i would prefers themes. I think, typical Vue-terragen- or bryce-Renders
are only to 5-10% with Poser characters. But i have no idea to solve those category-
problems...

Only the album without categories was not so good...
But be patient, to much categories may bring up other problems
for the poster of pics and the visitors...

Just a thought - not a critic  

Poserkatz Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2580
Lemons 1762
hearts 0

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Two new categories in the Free Stuff page Tormie Whip The Admins... 2 17 Jul 2011 08:02 View latest post
Tormie
No new posts The album Tormie Shebeen, the Staff forum 60 02 Oct 2005 22:23 View latest post
Tormie
No new posts the album mosca The Posetteforever diary 42 14 Oct 2004 14:47 View latest post
Posy
No new posts Album problem again Guest Whip The Admins... 6 22 Jun 2005 07:23 View latest post
Tormie
No new posts album button messenger Whip The Admins... 12 15 Dec 2004 17:21 View latest post
Tormie

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next