Tormie's mess (tm)

Page 1 of 1

Post Tormie's mess (tm)

#1  Tormie 18 Feb 2005 08:58

Hi friends, as already told me by some users I made probably another mess with the configuration: I reviewed all the settings and now all should be fine, but if you noticed that you're no more able to do something like attach a file or post in some forums or reply or edit messages, just write me or here. I changed the configuration after phpbb.com has been hacked and now I turned the site to normal again but something could be wrong (as usual)...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  pangor 18 Feb 2005 10:08

If you are thinking of the file that you helped me download.  I just thought of the situation as a site security policy and did not think of it as anything else.

Pangor

pangor 

#3  Tormie 18 Feb 2005 10:31

No pangor, the problem is that when I change something something else changes and I can't notice that because as an admin I have all command always availables. Sometime I login with my test/normal user account to check, but there are different classes, like moderators or staff groups that could have a wrong configuration, each group has a separate configuration and even if they are basically all the same, something wrong could happen

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#4  pangor 18 Feb 2005 18:06

Yes, I understand that.  It is, just like the supervisor, operator, ops, controller, and root accounts that I have used on various systems over the years.

Pangor

pangor 

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Page 1 of 1