Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

#16  erenda 25 Mar 2005 03:01

Let's go hunting again!

erenda 

• Back to top Page bottom

#17  rayera 25 Mar 2005 13:35

I don't know what Den Tracy did, but I want to say something:
Sometime ago, in the page of "THE LEADER 3D CONTENT PROVIDER", in the bryce forum of this page, somebody with clear difcults to express in english (allmost like me ) asked something like this: WERE CAN I BUY bryce FREE, I'M FROM A POOR COUNTRY, when I read the replys I get so disapointed, were about 20 post making fun of the request, somebody sayed GET OUT FROM HERE, IN THIS COMMNITY WE DON'T LIKE PEOPLE DOING ILEGAL THINGS, GET OUT!!!, other I'M POOR, CAN SOMEBODY GIVE ME A NEW CAR FOR FREE, of course a lot of funny emoticons in all post, of all the reply, only one, just only one sayed bryce IS A COMERCIAL PRODUCT, YOU MUST PAY FOR IT, BUT THERE ARE GREAT FREE APLICATIONS LIKE Blender, terragen, OR EVEN HERE A Poser SIMILAR PROGRAM NOW IN DEVELOPMENT... (you can imagin what page I'm talking about), the reply wasn't from the staff or moderator from the page, I think all replys were a total lack of respect to somebody who clearly had dificults to express himself in english, and to his economical condition, allmost like saying "You are poor Ja Ja!!", and the stuff did nothing against it, not even a Call to atention to the posters, (and that is a comercial page with payed people for his work to be done)...  I never saw this kind of behavior here at PF, and I'm shure I will never see it, this is a small comunity, because it is full of good people, and there is not a lot of good people around the world   , and because Tormentor is a good guy that give us this place, that's why I think you won't take wrong desitions if  must be done to keep the peace here, You are a great guy Tormentor    , sorry for posting a little late    
(and don't make fun of my english )   

Last edited by rayera on 25 Mar 2005 13:40; edited 1 time in total 
argentina.png rayera Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 3930
Lemons 2560
hearts 11

#18  Tormie 25 Mar 2005 13:54

Oh. don't worry for you english, mine is very, very bad   , Anyway I can understand a lot of spanish without having studied it   !

About the behaviour you talked about it's the kind of sarcastic reply that I don't like, one can joke but he/she can't offend with sarcasm or stating that he/she is superior, it's unfair...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#19  rayera 25 Mar 2005 14:52

Well spanish and Italian are latin derivated lenguages, We could speak in latin   
I was just joking I won't get mad if somebody make fun of my english, because I know I have a lot of mispels, (shame on me because I attended to an English academy, of course I didn't end it) an American once told me that I speak english better than I write it, I'm not quite shure, anyway I agree with you joking is joking and sarcasm is ugly

argentina.png rayera Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 3930
Lemons 2560
hearts 11

#20  guiltypleasures 25 Mar 2005 16:40

rayera, you are right, I've also seen people (on a site I won't mention) do this and it makes me sad too. I know if I were to go onto a site that was in your language or any language that wasn't my own I would hate to think that people were only laughing at me and wouldn't try and help me.  (Tormie, you no we don't laugh at your english, only your farts   )
I am glad to be in the company of people from all over the world here, because I am always learning new things and also see that everyone is the same really, no matter where we are from, we're all people with likes, dislikes, we love we feel pain, we can be hurt,  inside we're all alike    America is a melting pot of all types of people from all over the world, yet I find I have learned more about people of different cultures and countries here than I ever have off the computer.

blank.gif guiltypleasures Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 18231
Lemons 14731
hearts 187

#21  Poserkatz 25 Mar 2005 19:22

If i would laugh about your english, rayera,
i have to laugh out louder about my english  

Poserkatz Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2580
Lemons 1762
hearts 0

#22  pangor 25 Mar 2005 21:09

I too have seen far too much of that sort of reactions.  It is not just the result of languages but even just different subcultures or ideas.  Or even a percieved difference in thinking.

For example, I am now being treated in a similar style.  I posted "Stand for inspection" in several galleries as I have done wiht my other pictures.  One of the sites being PoserPros.  The picture recieved a comment, that I replied to, in what I thought of as a resonable way.  Now that person has posted an insulting ad homin comment.  Why do people on he loosing side of debate fallback on insults so often?  Sheesh!

Pangor

pangor 

#23  Tormie 25 Mar 2005 23:18

Oh, don't care too much of bad comments pangor, they are not well for the mood... At poserpros there is the "ignore" button, just use it... Don't waste your spirit with those people. As I said at PP he doesn't know you so he couldn't express an informed opinion. Sometimes happens to me too with people who say me that I put a too big hand in the picture...   ...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#24  pangor 26 Mar 2005 01:01

You mean that they don't like your selfportraits?  

There are some people who don't know of your work yet like the idea.  The other day,  s_stone777 posted a picture in Renderosity of a large male hand holding an eyeball.  First thing I thought of was "Hey Tormentor!  You are making a guest appearance?  And without Posy what will she say?".  I didn't write that comment because I didn't know if she would have understood the comment, but now I am going to write it any way and send her an IM explaining the comment.

Thanks
Pangor

Last edited by pangor on 26 Mar 2005 01:14; edited 1 time in total 
 pangor 

#25  Posy 26 Mar 2005 01:01

I am not making this up. "Without your space helmet Dave, you're going to find that rather difficult" -- HAL.

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#26  Tormie 26 Mar 2005 13:25

Quote:

"Without your space helmet Dave, you're going to find that rather difficult"

I've only an old bike's helmet *sigh*

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#27  erenda 27 Mar 2005 13:58

I have an (not very good) idea. why don't make a topic where everybody will write a sentence in his/her native language and the others will try to guess what it means without any attempt to make fun and I guess we all will learn something new.   (If you didn't understand what I wrote it is because of my teriible english   even the other students make fun of it   ) Now I understand what my father means by saying : "If you know a foreing language there is another diffrent world open to you" Even if we don't understand what others write or we can't express something there are lots of emoticons     so don't    , be      

erenda 

#28  erenda 27 Mar 2005 14:02

Quote:

If you didn't understand what I wrote it is because of my[color=red:d737533791] teriible[/color:d737533791] english

Ooops!    How could I write "terrible " that way    there is a same word in french     
(I'm making fun of my own teRRible english   )

erenda 

#29  Tormie 27 Mar 2005 14:11

Good idea erenda ! We made something similar with the translations of "FART" some times ago     

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#30  erenda 27 Mar 2005 16:39

By the way "purdia " means FART in bulgarian    There was an poem " An ode to farting" in bulgarian I'll post it when I translate it        

erenda 

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Guest 01 Jan 1970 00:00 View latest post

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next