new regulations for uploading pictures and files

Article
Post new regulations for uploading pictures and files 

Hi friends

Due to spammers that entered the site and tried to upload malwares in the free stuff page I changed the permissions for the album and the free stuff page and I think to have found a good solution. From today only the users with at least 5 posts in the forum (Cellies group) can upload pictures and files. The new users must be approved before their posts are visible and counted so we can easily check them.
If an user wants to upload things in the site before having 5 posts in the forum he or she can contact me and I'll put him/her in the Cellies group manually

Tormie [ 24 Jul 2007 17:14 ]

Comments
Post Re: new regulations for uploading pictures and files 

It's a great idea!   Spammers never will ask for approval or post 5 times they would be very exposed!  

JanReinar [ 24 Jul 2007 17:32 ]

Good Job

ahjah [ 24 Jul 2007 18:28 ]
Post Re: New Regulations For Uploading Pictures And Files 

Sounds reasonable to me.  

gray [ 24 Jul 2007 20:26 ]

Don't forget to electrify the barb-wire, while you're at it.  Can't be too careful (or too nasty...) when it comes to spammers....

GrouchoC.

GrouchoCaesar [ 25 Jul 2007 00:47 ]

Tormie [ 25 Jul 2007 02:40 ]

Sounds like a good solution Tormie.

Whazizname [ 25 Jul 2007 07:30 ]

wished u said this earlier, whazzisnamez...that 'kingsize' guy uploaded malware....nearly downloaded it! Darn hackers!

grr

hanzoushinrei [ 25 Jul 2007 16:13 ]

hanzoushinrei wrote: [View Post]
wished u said this earlier, whazzisnamez...that 'kingsize' guy uploaded malware....nearly downloaded it! Darn hackers!

grr

Aaaaaagh..my eyes..my eyes...the blinding yellowness of it all...what does it say Maw ?? What does it say?!?
Heh, just kidding you but that small a print in that bright a color is unreadable to me, and I'm wearing my bifocals .

gray [ 25 Jul 2007 20:31 ]

gray wrote: [View Post]

grr

Aaaaaagh..my eyes..my eyes...the blinding yellowness of it all...what does it say Maw ?? What does it say?!?
Heh, just kidding you but that small a print in that bright a color is unreadable to me, and I'm wearing my bifocals .

Simply mark the text with the mouse

ahjah [ 25 Jul 2007 22:13 ]

grr

Well, I don't know if it was a malware, I simply was unable to download it... However we have from 2 to 10 spammers that register everyday, we have full control of them because the new users can do nothing without an approval, the only section kept without approval were the album and the uploads, now they are secured (I hope )

Tormie [ 26 Jul 2007 00:37 ]

Tormie wrote: [View Post]

grr

Well, I don't know if it was a malware, I simply was unable to download it... However we have from 2 to 10 spammers that register everyday, we have full control of them because the new users can do nothing without an approval, the only section kept without approval were the album and the uploads, now they are secured (I hope )

I think that all will be fine!  

JanReinar [ 26 Jul 2007 03:30 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 1