The licenses available for the authors of our freebies

Page 1 of 1

Post The licenses available for the authors of our freebies

#1  Tormie 19 Aug 2007 15:05

Here at Posetteforever during the upload of a free stuff item, the author had the option to choose a GNU general license for the product, but some days ago an user wrote me about it and I realized that it was not the right choice for our site, so with the Staff Team of PF we searched and found 8 different licenses that an user can choose when uploading, or copy&paste them into the package. The license included in the freebie package (if it is present) is the final user agreement, the option to add a license from the site is made in order to protect the works of the users that have not written a license and have not included it in the encapsulating archive file. I moved all the freebies to the first option:

© All rights reserved to the author / For commercial and non commercial use (I'll post the whole text at the end of this post)

As I said the options are eight, the first 4 are for commercial and non commercial use , the last 4 are only for non commercial use

and they are:

1) © All rights reserved to the author / For commercial and non commercial use (text below)
2) Attribution by Creative Commons
3) Attribution-ShareAlike by Creative Commons
4) Attribution-NoDerivs by Creative Commons

the last 4 are exactly the same but the author prohibits to use the freebie in a commercial work

The first one are the most restrictive: the user basically can't share the freebie in any way, if the author choose one of the last three license he or she decides the way his or her work can be shared or manipulated.

So now the authors that want to upload something here have a wide range of options to protect their work directly from the site, or they can copy one of these licenses and add them in their encapsulating archive file.

Here is the text of the first license, for the other click the links above, they will redirect you directly to the license page at Creative Commons

© All rights reserved to the author / For commercial and non commercial use

LICENSE FOR ITEMS DOWNLOADED THROUGH THE FREE STUFF PAGE AT POSETTEFOREVER

This license applies to items downloaded through The Free Stuff Page at Posetteforever. It is the Users responsibility to read and understand this license. If you are unsure about anything, please send an email to .

The Artist (Author) retains all copyrights to the enclosed materials. The User is not purchasing the contents, only the right to use the contents. The User may not redistribute this archive file, in whole or in part. The User may not store it any place on a network or on the Internet where it may be referenced by a third party. User acquires the copyright to any derivative works created using this work, provided none of the original materials can be extracted from the derivative work by any means. If Artist can show that any of the original material can be extracted from User's derivative work, Artist can demand both the original and derivative work, and all copies thereof be deleted. For example, User cannot make an image of a texture map mapped to a flat plane, such that the original texture map can be cut & pasted from the image. This is designed to protect the Artist from Users releasing work, which lets other users obtain the copyrighted material, and is not meant to infringe upon the artistic endeavors of the User. User may not make any MetaStream animation files with the enclosed materials, until this format can protect the original materials from being extracted. Items downloaded at Posetteforever may not be used for illegal purposes.

To protect the User: User is hereby granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use all of the contents of the encapsulating archive file. Artist maintains that all items in the archive are their original work, or are derivative works from something found, and verified, to be in the public domain. Artist maintains they legally possess the power to grant the User this license for all enclosed materials. User may use the materials in any personal projects or commercial projects, as long as the Artist 's work is protected from extraction and none of the items above have been violated. User may make a single backup copy of this archive file, for personal archival purposes only. User retains this license, even if the Artist stops sharing this work at a later date. The Artist may only revoke this license, if it is shown that a User has previously violated the terms and conditions above.

P.S. Obvioulsy this license is not written by me   , I took it from the license of the products sold at rosity

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: The licenses available for the authors of our freebies

#2  tda42 19 Aug 2007 16:02

Tormie wrote: [View Post]

P.S. Obvioulsy this license is not written by me   , I took it from the license of the products sold at rosity[/size]

Like I said. You should have been a lawyer.  

I think it will work Davide.   I don't see really why it would fail Seeing how R,osity has it with them and there isn't any problems.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

Post Re: The licenses available for the authors of our freebies

#3  Tormie 19 Aug 2007 16:05

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Licenses for our free stuff Tormie Shebeen, the Staff forum 16 16 Aug 2007 01:17 View latest post
Tormie
No new posts Cel up in our freebies ahjah The Posette Playground 2 01 Mar 2008 22:47 View latest post
JanReinar
No new posts Freebies!!!!! posfan Interesting links 4 05 May 2006 22:37 View latest post
Tormie
No new posts Freebies TdaC Interesting links 3 09 Apr 2007 17:29 View latest post
JanReinar
No new posts Freebies - u have to go here TdaC Interesting links 5 14 Apr 2006 19:31 View latest post

Page 1 of 1