Album Suggestion

Page 1 of 1

Post Album Suggestion

#1  posfan 28 Jun 2008 23:49

Tormie,

would you please add a needed and useful option to the complete Album, namely the option to edit the picture itself?  

It's nice to be able to edit the comments, but sometimes one edits and improves an image too and if you want to show it here, you have to upload a new pic everytime it would be so much easier if one could edit the pic itself and replace it with the new one.

Thanks,
Jen

blank.gif posfan Gender: Female
Frequent User
Frequent User

Tomatoes 5565
Lemons 998
hearts 217

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Album Suggestion

#2  Tormie 29 Jun 2008 00:18

Actually, there isn't an option, not even for me, to edit the picture, I did it in the past rawly downloading the picture directly from the site with FTP and changing it. BTW I'll see if there are some new features for the Smartor's album (that is the software that we're using).

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#3  posfan 29 Jun 2008 14:10

Maybe in one of the MOD files?

Frequent User
Frequent User

Tomatoes 5565
Lemons 998
hearts 217

#4  Tormie 29 Jun 2008 20:50

The album is already a MOD for PhpBB2, plus I've adapted it to our site, some features are specific of Posetteforever but actually, a modification of the code like that is something beyond my ability   , if I'll find a code to apply or to modify for the album, I'll do it

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#5  posfan 01 Jul 2008 21:13

I hope you'll find one in the several boards that use this album. I'm pretty sure someone adapted the code to do this already....

Frequent User
Frequent User

Tomatoes 5565
Lemons 998
hearts 217

#6  Tormie 01 Jul 2008 21:28

Hi Posfan, actually I know only planit3d that is using it in sites related to computer art. However, don't worry, if there is something to do it I'll find it, on my free day from work ... Actually I'm on a bad shift and just come home tired and flat... ...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#7  posfan 01 Jul 2008 23:34

I googled the album name and found various boards with info about it and also some that highly modified the code for their use - cleaning it up, adding more options etc.

Frequent User
Frequent User

Tomatoes 5565
Lemons 998
hearts 217

#8  Tormie 02 Jul 2008 00:10

Thank you Posfan, I can assure you that our album has already almost ALL the modification included, it's based on the FAP album by Mighty Gorgon with whom I have personal contacts (I'm also in the special guests group and have access to restricted area of his forum http://www.icyphoenix.com and the conversation is easy because he is an italian). Actually the best smartor album is installed on that site and there is not an option to edit the picture but only to edit the comments. What is there that we don't have is the option to "watch the picture for new comments" while here we have the option for the email notification for new comments, sent to the author (and it is an add-on that is not even in icyphoenix). Making such a modification myself (edit the picture) is something beyond my skill in coding, I'm sorry, but if you've found the specific modification of the album that can do it you can simply point me in the right direction.

BTW Posetteforever is actually on phpBB 2 with a base of phpBB XS 2 that is the old name for the new Icyphoenix of Mighty Gorgon. I've not switched to Icypheonix because I upgraded myself the code to the last versions of what is installed, I've also took out what was not used for our needs and added some features, most of them are anti-hack and anti-spam related collaborating with the project honey pot.

The next upgrade will be for phpBB 3 that is already out, but there is not yet an already premodded version with this system because there are not all the modifications available, for example the album is at a early beta stage and we can't have Posy (   ) talking on the forum.

We're pretty happy with the smartor's album, it he past I switched to a different kind of album that was not perfectly adapted to phpBB, you may remember all the problems related to cookies (We've also lost a lot of pictures of that period because I lost the backup   ), the album we're using is specific for phpBB2 and I won't use anything else becasue there is nothing better outside at the moment.

Another simple and efficient album is the coding made by Russell on poserpros, it mixes the attachments mod with an album interface, but he never released the code and it will probably die with poserpros ( I could ask him if he will release the code but I don't even know if he can do it by the terms of the selling of poserpros to DAZ and I don't know if he work "pro bono" )

So I don't know Posfan, I passed some hours on the mod related places that I know and I found nothing to edit the picture after the uploading, and I'm not even know if it can be "fair" to do it, because one could write a comment to a picture that can be changed with something else. Nothing blocks an user to upload simply a second version of the same picture in a new "topic" if not the album limit, or it can be asked to me to change the picture with another one, I did it in the past, expecially for picture uploaded rotaded in the wrong way...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#9  Posy 02 Jul 2008 00:10