New style "Post-it"

New style "Post-it"
Article
Post New style "Post-it" 

Hi friends

I just installed (and almost screwed up the site at the same time   ... ) a brand new style to Posetteforever

it's called "Post-it" and I like it a lot

You can try it using the "Styles" link on the left menu of the front page, or in your profile page under "Site Settings"

Even if I tested it a lot, it needed a lot of modifications in order to be used on PF, so while you test it, please report me back if something is wrong: blank pages, features not working etc. Remember that in that case you can simply switch back to the old style (prosilver).

I've taken these few days to fix what I was able to fix on the site, now it works fine at 90%, there are still errors but they are due to the original coders, I asked them a patch to fix what's wrong, but here is vacation period, it will take a while

One of those errors are the use of quotes and double quotes ( ' " ) in the title and description of the pictures.

I want also to add something that has been requested, like the people in the videochatroom, it's not easy, but I'll see what I'll be able to do.

For now enjoy the new POST-IT Style

Tormie [ 17 Aug 2010 18:34 ]

New style "Post-it"
Comments
Post Re: New Style "Post-it" 

I could almost eat one style cause my eyes can't take the color.

tda42 [ 18 Aug 2010 00:28 ]
Post Re: New style "Post-it" 

I had to suspend it for a while, I'm having problem with the javascripts that I need to fix. If someone is using the post-it style, thye are temporarily moved to the old one till I'll fix the problem (hopefully soon ... )

Tormie [ 16 Oct 2010 19:28 ]

Well, now I wanted to fix it but I don't remember exactly what was the problem ...

Tormie [ 03 Apr 2011 01:04 ]

My main browser is Opera. I switched to the post it style and now I only get the main banner at the top of the page. No navigation and no way to switch back. Fortunately I can still access the site using Firefox.

If it helps Tormie here is the snippet of code it gives me.

Template->make_filename(): Error - included template file not found: breadcrumbs_main.tpl

Last edited by Marv on 17 Apr 2011 03:49; edited 1 time in total 
 Marv [ 17 Apr 2011 03:42 ]

Hi Marv

As far as I'm concerned, the style option is stored in the database of Posetteforever instead of the cookies, so it's independent from the browser. I mean, I disabled the style and "forced" all users to the current one, even if their option is registered (when I'll fix the style they will switch back automatically).

I also know that Opera has a "turbo" mode that use extensively the cache and if I'm not wrong you can also turn on the navigation through their proxy. I've it on my "Mac" and I use it from time to time, but I've some problems, expecially the behaviour with the flash applications. You should try deleting the cookies (even if I don't think it makes a difference) and clearing the cache of Opera. I didn't know that the change of style could cause something like this, I'm sorry.

In any case I'll wait your reply and eventually I'll change physically your style option on the database, but I think it's the Opera cache...

Tormie [ 17 Apr 2011 19:52 ]

Tormie I opened up PosetteForever on my wife's computer using Opera and everything is normal. I'll clear the cache on my machine and I'm sure that will do the trick. Really it was no big deal because I'm still able to access the site through Firefox anyways. Thanks Tormie.  

Marv [ 18 Apr 2011 10:11 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 1