The Big Posette's database

Article
So I downloaded and installed Mat Pose Edit and yes it is very easy to understand and use. I now, however, cannot run Poser.

XML Error
Parser Error: not well-formed at line 7

I get that message when I try to start Poser and then it shuts down. Do you know what I can do to remedy this. I tried deleting the files that were copied over to my System32 folder but that did nothing,
and there is nothing in my control panel/add remove programs regarding MPE.

I apologize for continuing to post my messages here even though they do not concern freebies but it all started here and I figured if someone were to help me they would be able to read my previous posts. I hope that it is not a problem.           

Thanks, Pur (A.k.a Frustrated Beyond Belief)

pur0nrg [ 06 Apr 2005 17:05 ]

Comments
Oh, no problem Pur0ng !   As for your error, I don't know, I never used mat pose edit... However you can reinstall Poser, it will not delete your libraries (but you can backup the runtime directory for added security), it's the solution I use when I made a mess (as usual     )

Tormie [ 06 Apr 2005 18:25 ]
Yah thanks, I re-installed Poser and it's working fine now. Scared to try out Mat Pose Edit again though lol I think I'd rather have my Poser working then that  

pur0nrg [ 06 Apr 2005 20:03 ]
I got the URLs that you sent me, but they are at yahoo.  For some reason, yahoo groups and my brower don't like each other.

About MAT poses:

OK, I guess it is time to boot up Windows and do a little research for a tutorial.  I will be back in a while.

Pangor

pangor [ 06 Apr 2005 20:47 ]
Since years there is a lot of freestuff out there with cr2-files of Posette, Dork
and also Victoria 1 and 2, also Michael 1 and 2.
All the cr2s are unusable without the geometry-file (obj).
So if a cr2-file highly modiefied, it also needs regulary a modified mesh-obj.
But THE obj is protected - not the modiefied cr2.
For this reason, if a new obj (mesh, geometry)-file is necessary to use the modified
cr2-file, it has to be encoded (with RTE or Objaction Mover), both a freeware-utilities.
Than you can decode the obj-file, only if you have the original-obj-file installed.
Therefore it is no violence against copyrights to give a cr2 file for free away with
P3 P4 M1 and 2, V 1and 2, Stephanie 1.

The 3rd generation DAZ-figures aka Victoria 3, Aiko 3, Girl, Michael 3 and so on have
Injection-morphs, so they cannot distribute as cr2-files, it's against the law.
DAZ has especially for V1 and 2, M 1 and 2, S 1 and Millenium Girls/boys "redistributable"
files in the freestuff-area!

Based on my knowledge it 's not a problem to give cr2s away for free.

Poserkatz

Poserkatz [ 06 Apr 2005 21:47 ]
One more:

NEA based on Posette P4 and is highly modified for using textures of DAZ V1 and V2.
DAZ has no problems with that. Someone (i don't know exactly, who) has NEA fitted
to use Injection-morphs, that's no problem in law. You can download NEA INJ also as
P4 female and male injection figures for free (i think, it's a french Poser-fan).

Poserkatz [ 06 Apr 2005 21:53 ]
And at last:

sixus 1 had got trouble with DAZ because they have made a female-character for free
which could used 90% of all the Victoria 3 clothes - sixus 1 must remove this item from
the free-Poser-pages because of an intervention of DAZ.

So far, so bad - i think, onà¶y the latest characters/geometries are dangerous to work with
to modify them, all the older stuff is not interesting to all these companies, because noone
works anymore with them (except perhaps Posetteforever-Fans   )

Think about all the Lemurtek-characters (mixed from P3 animals and P3/P4 characters),
no problems, they are still available for free  

Poserkatz [ 06 Apr 2005 21:59 ]
Thanks very much for your input Poserkatz.  

pur0nrg [ 07 Apr 2005 00:19 ]
I have finished writing and posting the MAT pose tutorial.  It is "Simple MAT Pose Creation" in "The Little Sculptor".

Pangor

pangor [ 07 Apr 2005 03:05 ]
Tnx pangor  

Tormie [ 07 Apr 2005 07:44 ]
Welcome

Pangor

pangor [ 07 Apr 2005 07:50 ]
Thank you, thank you, thank you! lol

pur0nrg [ 07 Apr 2005 07:54 ]
you are quite welcome.

Posy [ 07 Apr 2005 07:54 ]
  It looks like Posy is now acting like my secretary!

Thanks Posy,

You are welcome, pur0nrg.

Pangor

pangor [ 07 Apr 2005 08:03 ]
I am glad you find this funny.  Interesting comparison.

Posy [ 07 Apr 2005 08:03 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 14 of 19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Go to page