What am i doing wrong.

Page 1 of 1

Post What am i doing wrong.

#1  TdaC 13 Jun 2005 21:52

so, i have created this character for Nea called ofelia. I want to offer her as a freebie but she has a problem i can't solve. I have circled it in the image below. I have created the skintextures, and i have checked them twice. THe problem is not in the textures, it's in the morph. I haven't been able to corrected it (i make morphs with magnets btw). If anyone has any idea, please let me know so that i can put her up in the download section.

blank.gif TdaC Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 7320
Lemons 8763
hearts 143

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  pangor 13 Jun 2005 22:11

I assume that it appears with other textures on this character?  Or with no texturing?  If so the best solution that I can think of is to export the offending morph to an OBJ, edit it with a modeling program that permit direct movements of each vertex.  If you don't have such a program, and i you wish you can send me a copy of the offending morph by email and I will see what I can do with it in my modeler.  Then I will return the results, hopefully improved.

Pangor

pangor 

#3  TdaC 13 Jun 2005 22:19

yes it appers with different textures. It's more obvius with some textures than others. Stupid me i haven't checked what it looks like without textures What you see in the above image, is when i have been able to reduce it the most. Oherwise it appeared as a straight line from the corner of the eye going in to the nose on both sides.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 7320
Lemons 8763
hearts 143

#4  pangor 13 Jun 2005 22:45

I have not had much luck with magents.  So I may be very wrong, but it sound like the problem could be in the scope of the area effected.  It is either catching too much or not enough of the mesh.  Also check to make sure that all the magents are onlt working with the mesh you intended them to, not for example catching a part of the underlying model of the eyeball or socket.

This is Nea I wonder, could it be a part of her lacrimals poking through?

Pangor

pangor 

#5  PitKlad 14 Jun 2005 00:57

Wow!What a lovely character!
I agree with Pangor that this may be the lacrimals,there are morphs on them to move them,If not you can send me the morph to correct it on wings
You should try it too, Wings is great for detail morphs on Low-Mid resolution models!

pitklad

blank.gif PitKlad Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2180
Lemons 2234
hearts 132

#6  Tormie 14 Jun 2005 06:28

! Thilda, if you want you can send me the texture and the morph and I'll look at it. I had same problems in that zone onf the face and I solved it with a bigger texture and a "pixel by pixel" corrections...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#7  tda42 14 Jun 2005 18:42

That is a wonderful character.     

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#8  TdaC 14 Jun 2005 20:38

Thanks for the kind comments and i think that i have solved the problem. It wasn't the lacrimals, but a part of the upper eyelid that was the problem ...i think. I have squeezed the morph and are just looking for someone to take her for a testdrive.
If anyone is interested, you can send me a pm.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 7320
Lemons 8763
hearts 143

#9  TdaC 14 Jun 2005 21:27

Shot of the fixed morph

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 7320
Lemons 8763
hearts 143

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Probably I was wrong Tormie Portrait of the Week 5 27 Nov 2005 22:20 View latest post
No new posts Wrong Link Pallas Whip The Admins... 2 18 Nov 2005 16:19 View latest post
Tormie
No new posts The lottery went wrong ! Tormie Whip The Admins... 7 06 Apr 2006 23:55 View latest post
tda42
No new posts What's wrong with the album ? Den Tracy Shebeen, the Staff forum 14 29 Jan 2005 03:38 View latest post
Tormie
No new posts Update gone wrong... Tormie Whip The Admins... 7 31 Oct 2005 03:24 View latest post
Tormie

Page 1 of 1