What am i doing wrong.

What am i doing wrong.
Article
Post What am i doing wrong. 

so, i have created this character for Nea called ofelia. I want to offer her as a freebie but she has a problem i can't solve. I have circled it in the image below. I have created the skintextures, and i have checked them twice. THe problem is not in the textures, it's in the morph. I haven't been able to corrected it (i make morphs with magnets btw). If anyone has any idea, please let me know so that i can put her up in the download section.

TdaC [ 13 Jun 2005 21:52 ]

What am i doing wrong.
Comments
I assume that it appears with other textures on this character?  Or with no texturing?  If so the best solution that I can think of is to export the offending morph to an OBJ, edit it with a modeling program that permit direct movements of each vertex.  If you don't have such a program, and i you wish you can send me a copy of the offending morph by email and I will see what I can do with it in my modeler.  Then I will return the results, hopefully improved.

Pangor

pangor [ 13 Jun 2005 22:11 ]
yes it appers with different textures. It's more obvius with some textures than others. Stupid me i haven't checked what it looks like without textures What you see in the above image, is when i have been able to reduce it the most. Oherwise it appeared as a straight line from the corner of the eye going in to the nose on both sides.

TdaC [ 13 Jun 2005 22:19 ]
I have not had much luck with magents.  So I may be very wrong, but it sound like the problem could be in the scope of the area effected.  It is either catching too much or not enough of the mesh.  Also check to make sure that all the magents are onlt working with the mesh you intended them to, not for example catching a part of the underlying model of the eyeball or socket.

This is Nea I wonder, could it be a part of her lacrimals poking through?

Pangor

pangor [ 13 Jun 2005 22:45 ]
Wow!What a lovely character!
I agree with Pangor that this may be the lacrimals,there are morphs on them to move them,If not you can send me the morph to correct it on wings
You should try it too, Wings is great for detail morphs on Low-Mid resolution models!

pitklad

PitKlad [ 14 Jun 2005 00:57 ]
     ! Thilda, if you want you can send me the texture and the morph and I'll look at it. I had same problems in that zone onf the face and I solved it with a bigger texture and a "pixel by pixel" corrections...

Tormie [ 14 Jun 2005 06:28 ]
That is a wonderful character.     

tda42 [ 14 Jun 2005 18:42 ]
Thanks for the kind comments and i think that i have solved the problem. It wasn't the lacrimals, but a part of the upper eyelid that was the problem ...i think. I have squeezed the morph and are just looking for someone to take her for a testdrive.
If anyone is interested, you can send me a pm.

TdaC [ 14 Jun 2005 20:38 ]
Shot of the fixed morph

TdaC [ 14 Jun 2005 21:27 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 1